The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Blackpool 2012! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
708 Posts

Profile of Leslie Melville
Quote:
On 2012-02-06 13:16, Craig Dickson wrote:
Joe

London magic shops, Davenports, and International Magic. If you in on a Monday, ask someone there for a connection to go over to the Magic Circle Meeting (Mon Night)(near Euston Station, where you get the train to Blackpool) If clear, hit the London Eye, beautiful at night, bring a camera. The West End, like NY has the twofers ticket booth for some great shows and plays. Then of course all the famous stuff. Tours leave out of the Royal National Hotel to countryside, Evan Evan is the big kid on the block tour operator, but we loved Astral Tours, mini buses go places the big ones cant. You can book in advance online. The Underground is a great way to get around London. And when you get to Blackpool, say hi.

Not forgetting the 'Jack The Ripper' tour! - Can also be booked online. (See you soon Craig!).

Leslie
Stories....?....That's telling!
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
I look forward to is Leslie.
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
708 Posts

By the way, if anyone fancies coming to Blackpool a week early - "Showzam! 2012 Festival of Circus, Magic and New Variety" commences on the 10th. (this coming Saturday!). Check it out:

http://www.showzam.co.uk/

Leslie
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
And.........The Magic of the USA show is a tribute to the late, great, Hank Moorhouse, who died in 2011. Hank was a great supporter of Blackpool Convention and the Blackpool Magicians’ and will be sadly missed. For those of you who never had the pleasure, Hank Moorehouse produced the best shows I have ever seen. He was a humble man, known by so many, loved by so many, that helped so many magicians be seen, get booked, and be recognized. He had an eye for production and talent like no other man I have ever met. His mark was left on the Magic World, so many conventions benefited from his talents. He passed away doing what he loved best. The tribute will be a fitting recognition to his accomplishments, and the mark he has left on the magic world. I can think of no man who has done more or left a bigger mark, and now a void. Come and celebrate his life.

If you would like to know more, there is a thread here.........
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=197&22
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Its almost time! Cant wait! See ya all at the dealers room!
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Quote:
On 2012-02-06 14:42, Atom3339 wrote:
There's a question on the coin forums whether David Roth will be there. Could you please confirm?

Yes I believe he will be there!
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
708 Posts

Those who have been attending Blackpool over the last two or three years will be aware of the extensive refurbishment that the town has been experiencing. You will see some of the changes this time as many areas have been completed.

A new and special feature this year has been the long awaited 'Comedy Carpet'; an area of 2,200 square metres on the Tower Festival Headland, in front of the Blackpool Tower. It is crafted from granite and concrete, with over 160,000 individually cut letters and is a unique celebration of comedy on a large scale.

The Comedy Carpet includes the work of over 850 of the best comedians and writers of mostly British comedy - gags - monologues and songs; extracts from film and television scripts. The design is inspired by the history of theatre posters and 'bill matter'.

So don't leave the town without a visit to the Comedy Carpet - it's free and who knows? you might pick up a gag or two for your act!

Leslie
James Arnott
View Profile
New user
London
54 Posts

Profile of James Arnott
Looking forward to it.
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
708 Posts

Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
No doubt we will all be taking pictures at the Comedy Carpet, and laughing, and remembering.

Blackpool Magicians Convention latest news! America's sensational mindreading act "The Evasons" have just been booked for the Saturday Gala Show... Meir Yedid is performing close-up and lecturing... Amethyst have an incredible new illusion lined-up... Christian Farla will present "The Scorpion" illusion for the very first time... many of the 120 dealers have exciting new releases to launch... Competing in the Children's Entertainer National Championships: VirrVarr, Craig Petty, Andy Clockwise, David Ginn, Mark Gray and Stu-Di-Doo, with Terry Herbert as compere. Performing with Wayne Dobson in "Wayne Dobson and Friends" Brian Sefton, Michael J. Fitch, Duncan Trillo, John Archer, Russ Stevens and Joe Pasquale. And the performers entering The British Magical Close-Up Championships are Steve Faulkner, Sam Fitton, Jason Rea, Will Gray, Chris Stevenson, Shaun McCree and Stephen Ablett, with compere Harry Robson
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
David Roth won't be coming to Blackpool. He had agreed to go originally, but asked for certain conditions which were not put into his contract. An e mail to the promoter about this was not acknowledged, and by the time the promoter contacted him, it was too late to go.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Thanks Michael, we will miss David. Heading to airport.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Same here! See yall at Blackpool!

I am on the balcony, come up and see me!
Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Quote:
On 2012-02-03 11:45, lair wrote:
Hi, Angelo. Glad you're going again to Blackpool. Will you have any new items with you? I always enjoy your highly creative magic and enjoy seeing it demoed by you as well as collecting it. Michael Lair

Hi Michael!

I may have one or two new items.

See you there.

Angelo
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
lair
View Profile
New user
Michael P. Lair
44 Posts

Profile of lair
Thanks, Angelo...sounds great...I look forward to seeing these new items. I'll be at my booth/stall and at the Ruskin. I'm heading out tomorrow evening at 5:30PM. See you soon.
Michael
JohnnyEll
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of JohnnyEll
Hey, quick Q about the convention. Let me know if this needs to be in another post, but as its a while since I have been - Do the dealers accept card payments or will I have to turn up with a wallet full of cash? Thanks!
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Quote:
On 2012-02-15 13:34, JohnnyEll wrote:
Hey, quick Q about the convention. Let me know if this needs to be in another post, but as its a while since I have been - Do the dealers accept card payments or will I have to turn up with a wallet full of cash? Thanks!

I THINK its cash only, that's what I have remembered but I am not 100% mate.
JohnnyEll
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of JohnnyEll
Thanks. Which will be the popular shows during the Saturday? Which is a must see? Few ones clash and because I have not been reading for 15 years I've lost touch!
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Anyone doing live updates of this convention??
Doctor D
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Blackpool 2012! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL