The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Lucky Find -- Michael Ammar's cups and balls book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24222 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Michael Ammar sent me an e-mail a couple of days ago. He has found some brand new copies of the DeLuxe edition of The Complete Cups and Balls book. Check his web site http://www.ammarmagic.com for more details.

This is a "must have" for cups and balls enthusiasts.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2167 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
That book alone (if you do not already have one) would be a worthy admission to the museum!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24222 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have one deluxe copy and two of the regular edition. I had the regular edition autographed by Michael Ammar. Then I purchased Roger Klause's copy when he was very ill.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

ekins
View Profile
Elite user
Portland, Oregon
403 Posts

Profile of ekins
I also received the email about the book from Michael on Aug. 27th and quickly went to his site and ordered one. When I checked his website later that day it said they were sold out. I don't know how many books he had but they went quick.

-Brian
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Nashville
660 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
The deluxe version is signed as well as having a hard backed sleeve right? This is an incredible book. I've only had it for 3 hours but I can already tell you its worth the price of admission if you're a cups guy.

-Lee
ekins
View Profile
Elite user
Portland, Oregon
403 Posts

Profile of ekins
I haven't received mine yet, but this is how they were described.

"Signed and numbered by Michael Ammar and Adam Fleischer.
Gold foil embossed, Leather-bound, with leather slipcase. 180 pages"

-Brian
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
I also received the email and was interested more in the cups than the book <grin>.
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Nashville
660 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Aaaaaaand sold out.
-Lee
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1617 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
A book that's not sold out is: Al Schneider Magic. It's even on sale at Penguin for 60.00 bucks with free shipping.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13365

It has a huge amount (83 pages if I counted right) of innovative Cups and Balls stuff.

I've got two copies of the Ammar Cups book. One is a deluxe edition I got from some guy with a fair sized cups and balls collection. I'd NEVER sell it. But my regular edition is up for grabs. If you want a copy . . . send me a message.

KG
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1617 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
That was quick.

My copy of the Ammar Cups and Balls book is gone now. All you had to do was ask and it was yours.

Kent
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
I missed the Michael Ammar book, Kent, but I finally ordered Al Schneider's book, which is LOADED with valuable insights and clear descriptions of carefully thought-out, practiced, and tested moves for the immortal Cups and Balls, cards, coins, cones, and other items. His very thoughtful, self-conscious, open approach to thinking about what he does is very valuable.

W.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1748 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
For those of you who don't own the new Al Scnheider Magic or the Michael Ammar Cups and Balls Book:

Do yourself a favor and BUY THEM.

They are both, in my opinion, superb classics of magic literature that will sit lovingly alongside Greater Magic, Abbott's Encyclopedia of Rope Magic, Rice's Encyclopedia of Silk Magic, Tarbell, Modern Coin Magic, et al.

Both books are rich with detailed information and great photos, and each contains a wealth of practical and killer magic principles, moves, and tips you will use forever.
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
Quote:
On 2011-09-09 11:37, Rainboguy wrote:
For those of you who don't own the new Al Scnheider Magic or the Michael Ammar Cups and Balls Book:

Do yourself a favor and BUY THEM.

What he said.
You know why don't act naive.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Somewhere in the catacombs I have a copy of the Ammar Cups and Balls book. Wonder if I should dig into the depths and let it go to a home with more shelf space? It's a great volume, covers everything almost, but I've not worked on the C&B for a long time. Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24222 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The new Al Schneider book is excellent. Or even better than that.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

ekins
View Profile
Elite user
Portland, Oregon
403 Posts

Profile of ekins
It looks like someone that just purchased the deluxe book is now selling it on the big auction site. 2 1/2 days to go and it's at $46. Mine came a couple of days ago and I'm going to be keeping it.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Just put my 1st edition Ammar C&B in the let's make a deal area. Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Lucky Find -- Michael Ammar's cups and balls book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL