The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sword swallowing success! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

I have been working on my sword swallowing for a while now, and several people have been kind enough to help me on the way. Well, yesterday my first real swords arrived in the mail, by pure coincidence so did a copy of the Mannix book, 'memoirs of a sword swallower', I took this to be a good omen.

The swords that came were a gothic looking thing with a 22' x 1' blade, and a reproduction inquisition dagger with a 10' blade. Several hours later I was ready to go. The dagger came first, and as a bit of encouragment I took it out in the street where about 12 of the local kids were playing. These poor kiddies get everything tried out on them so they are pretty with it already, but when they saw what I was preparing to do they looked very worried indeed, some looked ill at the thought. I tipped my head back and slid it down, when I bent over to show it in, they scattered screaming! What a reaction. About five minutes later a few more turned up and wanted to see it again. I oblidged but this time I don't think I got my head in exactly the right position, though it went down, my eyes started streaming and my throat contracted. After it came out I could not talk properly for nearly an hour. I think I had tramatised my vocal chords.

Later on in the evening, with my throat feeling normal again I took a look at the sword, and decided it was time. First try, I gagged like crazy and got it down about 12', second, it went all the way with a little less gagging, third time. It went down as smooth as silk

I did it again this morning for a small audience and could barely even feel it all the way. No gagging, and only the slightest of watering eyes. I even managed to hold it about 4' out of my mouth with my throat muscles for a few seconds, then clicked my fingers and just relaxed and let it drop the rest of the way. It felt awesome!

Thanks again to all that have helped me along the way.

Cheers

David Straitjacket
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
http://www.taoherbfarm.com/ Look here for stuff on Horehound Drops. Congratulations! Now just don't overdo. and ruin a good thing. This is not a time to "push the envelope and hurt yourself. (Been there, Done that) At the top of this post, see the most valuable secret there is.
Horehound is an antiseptic, expectorant, mild local anathsetic (S) and more...
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi Slim

Thanks for helping me out with this one. I tracked down a UK supplier of the drops and put in an order.

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/acatalog/Han......und.html

Cheers Smile

David Straitjacket
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
David,
What GREAT news...I knew you could DO IT.You have me going now...if I were 30 years younger....hehehe
Keep up the good work...
Your good friend,
Don
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Congrats,,,,,,Watch out if you intend working outside, even small dust particals can harm you, I know, been there and spent the Hospital time doing it. Keep the metal clean, Ken.
tropicalpenguin
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of tropicalpenguin
so...
basically, (with shorter objects) once you overcome the gag reflex, it aint that hard....

right...
-The penguin has spoken Smile

-How could 52 pieces of cardboard ever bring so much joy?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sword swallowing success! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL