The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » You belong to the government, the government does not belong to you (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
In today's Britain:
Quote:
Four obese children are on the brink of being permanently removed from their family by social workers after their parents failed to bring their weight under control.

In the first case of its kind, their mother and father now face what they call the ‘unbearable’ likelihood of never seeing them again.

Their three daughters, aged 11, seven and one, and five-year-old son, will either be ‘fostered without contact’ or adopted.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Very good - about time something was done - I hope there is extra punishment for the track suits - a whole fat family in tracksuits - criminal.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Don't worry the children will be fine. They will probably be sent to one of them nice work camps, where they can lose some weight and when they are thin there will be room for the family to move in with them.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
They should all get fatter - they'll cause less trouble - how many fat people did you see in the riots?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The only shops them thin rioters did not loot were the book shops, which tells you something about thin people.

:)
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
They already bought their diet books online?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
It takes a village to fatten a child.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy

Tommy
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
If they ever take them from the wrong parents I'd hate to see the consequences. Some people don't take kindly to other folks taking their kids---even the fat ones. I would tread lightly.

Good magic to all,

Eric
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Its OK we have put all fat people on the no fly list.

Tommy
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
A larger sized lady from Cairns where I live got to go on morning television worldwide a couple of years ago expressing her outrage about an airline charging her for 2 seats because of her size. The airline copped extra flak because the two allocated seats were across the aisle from each other. Having seen her, I think they should have been applauded for their thoughtfullness - she could have spanned that aisle and utilised both seats.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I think it's deplorable that overwieght people have become such targets and need to be fixed, etc. I mean lighthearted fun and joking around regarding any group of people is fine by me but this obsession with targeting this group of people without any remorse kind of sickens me. We don't all have to look the same or be skinny beanpoles. Some people are simply pre-disposed to being what we consider overweight. I'm not fat or overweight and yeah I have snickered at the sight of an overly obese person but I think this whole issue has gone too far and it's really doing more damage than good for lots of people.

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2011-09-06 10:53, GlenD wrote:
I think it's deplorable that overwieght people have become such targets and need to be fixed, etc. I mean lighthearted fun and joking around regarding any group of people is fine by me but this obsession with targeting this group of people without any remorse kind of sickens me. We don't all have to look the same or be skinny beanpoles. Some people are simply pre-disposed to being what we consider overweight. I'm not fat or overweight and yeah I have snickered at the sight of an overly obese person but I think this whole issue has gone too far and it's really doing more damage than good for lots of people.

Glen

+1
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
This thread title actually sums it up perfectly. It doesn't matter how "nicely" they "ask," in the end they are always acting with the threat of force.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » You belong to the government, the government does not belong to you (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL