The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Which of the ETMCM is your favorite!?! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
I've hear so much about this that I decided to buy one...so far I'm leaning toward vol 5 because I saw Henry Christ’s Fabulous and it looked great...But what one DVD was your favorite...Please tell whether tricks are impromtu, set up time, gimmick, etc...Thank in advance!
~joeKing
cardican66
View Profile
Loyal user
Alabama
222 Posts

Profile of cardican66
Vol. 2 because of Twisting the Aces and Macdonalds Aces.
Regards,
LLoyd

Experience teaches only the teachable.
Aldous Huxley (1894 - 1963)
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
That's an excellent volume ( 2 ). Can't go wrong there!!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
desprado2
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, California
119 Posts

Profile of desprado2
You really can't go wrong with any of them but I would also have to recommend # 2 for Twisting the Aces, Daley's Last Trick, Card Warp, That's It, Ambitious Card, and MacDonald's Aces.
"Treat others the way you want to be treated."
Risto L.
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
174 Posts

Profile of Risto L.
Volumes 2 and 5, in my opinion, stand out from the rest. If you get volume 5, you will learn Vernon`s "Out of sight, Out of mind", which is probably one of the finest pieces of mentalism you can perform with a borrowed deck of cards. There is also Ammar`s now classic "Card on Ceiling" on volume 5. This trick alone is worth the price of the tape if you are not already familiar with it. Virginia City Shuffle and Christ`s Fabulous four Ace Trick are not bad either. I`m not making your decision any easier, am I. Smile

Risto
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
Number 2 gets my vote too. I also like number 4, though, because it has a couple of gems such as "Dunbury Aces", "Your Signed Card", "Reset" and "Dr Daley's Gambler vs Magician".

If (when) I get another, I'm going for number 5.

Adam
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
I think I might get the whole set on VHS for 65 bucks this weekend (used of course) so I'm pretty happy Smile
~joeKing
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
I will also go with 2 and 5 but I chose 5 just for Virinia City Shuffle which is my favourite of all the effects that are on the tapes.
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
720 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
The videos that have the most tricks I use on a regular basis are Vol. 1, Vol. 2, and Vol. 5.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
what's the single best effect off this series?
~joeKing
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
JoeKing wrote:
"what's the single best effect off this series?"

Well, that is the catch, they are ALL great, since they choose all routines that are classics!!!

The best routine(s) will most probably be the one(s) you enjoy the most performing, since your enthusiasm will be contagious to your audience!!!!

Besides, tastes are personals, so someone's favorite routine might be another's least favorite....

Find out which ones YOU like best and start working on them and HAVE FUN!!!!!!! Smile Smile

BTW, my vote also goes for volume 2 & 5.

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
PyroDevil
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
156 Posts

Profile of PyroDevil
I'm going with Volume 2. It has the best tricks.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Good point, saturnin...
~joeKing
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
number two does not have the best tricks. they all do. Michael did not put the best all on one tape, he has great effect all throught. you cant look for the best when the whole series is the best. start with 1 then 2 then3.... that way makes the most sence to me.
The SnowMan Goose
View Profile
New user
CANADA EH!
9 Posts

Profile of The SnowMan Goose
I ordered 2,3 and 6, although I heard #1 to be the best.
The SnowMan Goose
wu tang
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, BC Canada
54 Posts

Profile of wu tang
Vol. 2!!!!has all the classics
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I'm trying to remember what's on volume three. Hmmmm. I definately like Jazz Aces. A fine fine piece of magic. I was very dissapointed w/ haunted deck, since I'm not an IT fan, and it's not so impromptu, but I devised my own impromptu haunted deck!
"Illusion is the first of all pleasures."
Oscar Wilde

"If you only knew the hours I spent just thinking about practicing"
-The Amazing Jonathan
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1588 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
I performed most of tricks in these tapes in my past 2 years experience in card magic to my audiences. You cannot go wrong to get them all. Get them as soon as you can.

It is one of the most important teaching material about card magic in my city. You have to understand that English level of people living here may not get through material easier by written form. As a result the super practice section is one of the highlights of these tape.

Besides, all card tricks are classic in card magic and it involves most of the card magic effects.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
Hi... vol 2 gets my vote as the best in the series...
eric Smile
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
After watching the whole series...my personal favorite is vol 2
~joeKing
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Which of the ETMCM is your favorite!?! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL