We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Comment Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SandyWeber
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of SandyWeber
Hi All!

Was just wondering if anyone here uses comment cards at their gigs to get testimonials and leads for future shows? If you do, how are they implemented? Do you just leave a few on each table for them to fill out at their leisure? Do you have a table at the exit so they can fill them out on their way out? Do you pass them out to everybody or have one on each seat? Then how do you go about collecting them? Stand by the door? Have a box to drop them in? Go back table to table and collect them? Also, is there a specific type of phrasing that seems to get better comments/testimonials than others?

I know these may be basic questions, but I've not found a whole lot about comment cards with a (admittedly) quick search.

Thanks for any input!

Best,
Sandy
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3490 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
I’ve only used them from time to time, in a theatre-parlor setting, where it is a more formal public performance.

I keep them small, easy to read, and brief, and I always include a personalized pen which is clipped on for them to keep.

My opening text is something like:

We’re constantly striving to present the best theatre experience for our guests, we appreciate your thoughts on this evening’s show. Please take a few moments to check the boxes below.

(Then three or four relevant questions follow in a multiple choice format.)

The bottom of the card text is something like:

Thank you for your comments, please use the lines below to add any other thoughts. If you’d like to hear about future shows, you may add your name and email, knowing we never share this information.

They could leave the cards on their tables or chairs, or some might give them to the usher. The comments were usually as valuable as the contacts. I’d keep it classy (maybe printed on the back of a blank playing card?) and be sincere in your interest to give the best show possible.

Other than some types of restaurants, I’m not sure I’d use them in a non-theatre setting though.

Magically,
Walt
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2486 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
If you use a scale of numbers like rate the show 1-10 try using 1-5 instead. this way you get a lot more better reviews as more people will tend to give you the 5. this also makes it easier for the client filling out the card some times its just too much to try an figure out if you are a 7 or a 9 but easier to give you a 4 out of 5.

of course you want to make sure you actully have a good show too! LOL
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
SandyWeber
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of SandyWeber
Thanks Walt and Sam!

Walt, yes, I was thinking very simple and easy to fill out. I like the idea of a few checkboxes before I ask them to make any comments. I have a club dinner show coming up and I will try them out there, perhaps just leaving several at each table (with a few golf pencils) and see how it works.

Sam, love your thoughts about narrowing down the range to 1 -5.

Thanks so much!

Best,
Sandy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Comment Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL