The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Danger of strong magnets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
tryphon
View Profile
New user
Florida, USA
51 Posts

Profile of tryphon
Quote:
On 2011-09-09 13:19, tryphon wrote:

Just a few inches. I would post a video if I knew how.
[/quote]
OK, I posted a short video on youtube. Just recorded from my webcam, so the quality is mediocre, but you can see the reaction of the Geiger counter to a small magnet. Make your own judgement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCGy2kHxaiM

Giovanni
[/quote]

Here's a better link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCGy2kHxaiM
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Quote:
On 2011-09-08 16:44, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
I'm thinking about strapping a bunch on for a week or two and see if I end up with real supernatural powers.


All set, nearing end of first day of experiment. No discernible superpowers yet. Will update as experiment progresses.
tryphon
View Profile
New user
Florida, USA
51 Posts

Profile of tryphon
Quote:
On 2011-09-09 14:01, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-09-08 16:44, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
I'm thinking about strapping a bunch on for a week or two and see if I end up with real supernatural powers.


All set, nearing end of first day of experiment. No discernible superpowers yet. Will update as experiment progresses.


Actually, I can already perceive its effect on your brain.... Smile
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
My sister gave me one of those bracelets with the magnetic beads. I wore it for a month and it did indeed have an effect. It ruined two wristwatches before I figured out it was the bracelet.

They were cheap watches but it caused me to ponder the Euclidean meaning of the Einsteinium conundrum of radioactive magnetospeculation. That is:

“How many geigers would a geiger counter count if a geiger counter could count geigers?”


Disclaimer misnomer disclosure: I am NOT making fun of anyone or anything said in this thread. I’ve just had too much sugar today and am feeling a wee bit goofy.

The part about the bracelet and the watches is true.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5340 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
The video doesn’t show anything at all. Are you detecting true ionizing radiation? If so at most some alpha, which you receive daily from common materials. I can find no reference to magnets and danger from radiation anywhere. I think that perhaps you are overreacting. You need to put that clicking thing away and enjoy yourself!

Jim
tryphon
View Profile
New user
Florida, USA
51 Posts

Profile of tryphon
Quote:
On 2011-09-09 16:18, J-Mac wrote:
The video doesn’t show anything at all. Are you detecting true ionizing radiation? If so at most some alpha, which you receive daily from common materials. I can find no reference to magnets and danger from radiation anywhere. I think that perhaps you are overreacting. You need to put that clicking thing away and enjoy yourself!

Jim

Thanks Jim for your advice.
I wanted to tell others about what I saw, and I have done so.
Enjoy your magic!
Giovanni
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5020 Posts

Profile of landmark
Thanks for your observations Gio--and maintaining a sense of humor.
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Quote:
On 2011-09-09 14:48, tryphon wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-09-09 14:01, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-09-08 16:44, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
I'm thinking about strapping a bunch on for a week or two and see if I end up with real supernatural powers.


All set, nearing end of first day of experiment. No discernible superpowers yet. Will update as experiment progresses.


Actually, I can already perceive its effect on your brain.... Smile


Nice. I try to inject a little humor into your omgfreakoutaboutmagnets thread and you try to insult me. Could be you've handled that sample of radioactive material for testing purposes a bit too much.
michaangelo
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of michaangelo
I sense the birth of an epic super hero - super villan relationship... Dr. Mojo vs. The Geiger... Remember, we were all here when it started!

Quote:
On 2011-09-09 22:05, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-09-09 14:48, tryphon wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-09-09 14:01, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-09-08 16:44, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
I'm thinking about strapping a bunch on for a week or two and see if I end up with real supernatural powers.


All set, nearing end of first day of experiment. No discernible superpowers yet. Will update as experiment progresses.


Actually, I can already perceive its effect on your brain.... Smile


Nice. I try to inject a little humor into your omgfreakoutaboutmagnets thread and you try to insult me. Could be you've handled that sample of radioactive material for testing purposes a bit too much.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
The real danger of magnets is getting stuck to Russell Brand's bed. That's what happened to this poor girl:
Image
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Danger of strong magnets (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL