The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New david regal release (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Take a look up a few posts at David Regal's post that starts with "Hi guys". He mentions the switch-out with the following:

Quote:
As for switching out the prop at the end, I seldom do it, but I teach three very simple switches, all of which work well. In the demo, I do it when I look for the owner of the card at the end. I like that approach, but I teach a sneakier one as well.

It's just a fast, very easy bit of visual magic that looks like advanced sleight of hand. I often do it at the table when the check arrives...

So I guess I am not revealing anything more than David when I say that it is extremely simple to switch out the cards, much like any card or billet switch or deck switch you might have used before. Then again, as David also says, he rarely bothers with the switch. I can understand that too since this is really more of a quick "eye-popper" than trying to convince specs like a typical T&R routine. Very entertaining gimmick IMO, and like most great visual gimmicks it is simple but very effective. You are able to perform this almost immediately upon receipt and watching David's short DVD. No fancy difficult sleights involved. The reactions are more likely to be laughter and looks of surprise, as if to say, "How did you DO that?!", than the kind of bafflement and amazement you see with, say, David's "Special Delivery" (Fantastic card-to envelope effect). It is definitely going into my wallet with my other favorite wallet-sized effects!

Jim
jayder
View Profile
Regular user
scotland
196 Posts

Profile of jayder
Cheers Jim, mine should hopefully arrive this week in the uk.
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Thanks for the review, Jim, I was taking the effect too literally. I can see how this could be more of a fun eye-popping effect, rather than a serious torn & restore.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
OK- took the plunge and received it today- I agree with Tony- this is really eye-popping. It is very simple to do and just down right plain fun to perform. Another winnrt from Regal, but what else would you expect?

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Credit and debit cards are definitely the future. The day's gonna come when you try to do a signed bill effect and some kid says, "what's that?"
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
jayder
View Profile
Regular user
scotland
196 Posts

Profile of jayder
I got mine yesterday and have to agree with RNK.It's easy and you'll have the moves down in no time.It's extremely visual and well worth the money.Definetely one to always have in the wallet.

John
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
All good things must end. I will discontinue the mailing list deal for Restored Credit in about a week.

If you'd like to be on the list and be offered the discount on the trick, email [email]regal@regalmagic.com[/email] with the word "Subscribe" as the subject.

When the deal is discontinued, Restored Credit will be available to all, but at price 30% higher.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
This is a great effect. It's a "quickie," but a high quality one. If you like the demo, go ahead and get it. You can hand out the card, with Mr. Regal's suggestions, and there's no reset.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2011-09-18 14:17, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Credit and debit cards are definitely the future. The day's gonna come when you try to do a signed bill effect and some kid says, "what's that?"

I believe that NFC on cell phones is the future, but I also believe that credit cards will be around for a long time.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Do you accept credit cards?.. Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
When I saw this trick in David's excellent book, Aproaching Magic, I was intrigued but never did get around to making the gimmick. Now even chronic procrastinates have no excuse.

This is a great trick. A perfect opener for table hopping. Fast, visual and invoves money. What more cold one ask for? How about instant reset, easy to carry in your wallet, and a durable gimmick that will last a thousand performances? This is a very cool trick, and it's reasonably priced. What's in you wallet?
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New david regal release (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL