The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Very nice billiard balls routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Though you'll like this
http://youtu.be/YfryriEIB7o
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
That was one of the most creative acts I've seen in a LOOONG time!! Great adaptation of the billiard balls! Thanks for sharing.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22243 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Your kidding, right!

Try this one out for uniqueness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l76fGv84B8U
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2011-09-14 10:55, wmhegbli wrote:
Your kidding, right!

Try this one out for uniqueness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l76fGv84B8U

No, I'm not. Arthur's act is certainly great, and he is technically better than this ice cream kid, but I stand by my original statement. It was so much more than billiard ball manipulation.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
I saw auther life at fism it was intertaining but not as inovative and intertaining as the ice cream act , has this boy been there he would get afism price for surre at least that's my opinion .
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
That "boy" won many awards including last year TMA award. He is Sunny Chen, a Taiwanese magician.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5307 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I found the ice cream act novel, fun and magical. Sunny Chen projects his personality well and looks as if he is enjoying performing.

I also totally enjoyed Arthur's act (I've seen it live) and also found it novel, fun, and magical.

Both are well thought out manipulation magic acts and each takes a different direction to achieve maximum entertainment. I'd hate to have to judge between the two.

That's the beauty of magic in the hands or artists! Simmilar effects/tricks look different in their hands! It is so much horses for courses!

At my best and in my prime I was not one tenth as good as either of these young men!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Wouldn’t be great if more acts were carefully thought out, themed, had theatrical logic, and were charmingly performed?

He has great energy and charisma. His technique, while not Cardini, is good and the audience loves each clean moment of magic.

I’m glad Michael was not “kidding” this could be a textbook lesson for some of our young cookie-cutter magicians.

Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2376 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
That ice cream act was really creative, very inventive, just when you think there is no way to dress up classic manipulation.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2167 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2011-09-14 20:30, SpellbinderEntertainment wrote:
Wouldn’t be great if more acts were carefully thought out, themed, had theatrical logic, and were charmingly performed?

If only younger performers put that kind of time and thought into their work, it would be wonderful...

Quote:
I’m glad Michael was not “kidding” this could be a textbook lesson for some of our young cookie-cutter magicians.

Walt

I second that. Not just in manipulation, but magic in general. There are indeed way too many cookie-cutter magicians that think they know enough and have practiced enough to perform, but they have not.

Great points to make, Walt!
Rolf Reiner
View Profile
Loyal user
Mallorca - Spain
228 Posts

Profile of Rolf Reiner
I´ve seen countless senseless and repetitive parasol productions over the years. What a difference to see only one produced, with maximum impact, and perfectly within context.
Thanks for sharing this!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22243 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I will admit his methods are perfect, I especially like his very modern use of the Belly Servante. Very unique thinking for a novelty act. His timing and moves are perfectly executed.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
751 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
I had the pleasure of watching his performance live, when Sunny competed in Malaysia. Was totally blown away, as were the rest of the audience.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Very nice billiard balls routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL