The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Weaving (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

juggling1
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
196 Posts

Profile of juggling1
Is there a way to do a standard basket weave then go into cross weaving? what is the best way to have a small bottom to a large center then make it come in at the top?
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Cincinnati, OH, USA
644 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
Quote:
On 2011-09-14 15:26, juggling1 wrote:
Is there a way to do a standard basket weave then go into cross weaving?

Yes. If I understand your question. Start with your standard weave and when you want to morph into cross weaving just add one or more balloons into ending juncture of the standard weave.

Quote:
what is the best way to have a small bottom to a large center then make it come in at the top?

Depends on how tight you want it, as the larger bubbles you use the looser the weave becomes. I have found that anything longer than a 6" horizontal bubble loses the tightness I like. So, you can bring it out to a 6" bubble and then split each of those 6" bubbles into 2,3" bubbles, add a vertical balloon to each new juncture and continue.
Another tip is to create a bottom and top half of the object and join them in the middle. I have found that much easier than trying to make a large middle come down to a small top/bottom.
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Cincinnati, OH, USA
juggling1
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
196 Posts

Profile of juggling1
Thanks that helps a lot
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Weaving (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL