The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Coin vanish (with patter) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
I've been working on a patter for a coin vanish. It took me a long time to finally think of something.

I need to slow down my speech. But, I think its a good start. I showed this patter and trick to someone, and I was very entertaining and good at it.

I like this patter, but I want to continually improve it.

I promised eric Jones I would make a video of it again with more meaning, and so far I am pleased with it. I think it is better than no patter.

Please let me know what you think. I tried to work on body language too.
I apologize in advance for the video quality, this room is dim as well as I just moved out from my parents house (living on my own now) so I come over here to use the video camera. I can't afford the internet at my new place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8jRu8MRj8o
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
WOW Kevin! Good to see you back.
Needless to say, you have gone light-years ahead with this. Patter turned it into
REAL MAGIC!
Keep up the good work!!
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
Thank you. I really wasn't sure how people would react to it.
I know the patter doesn't completely make sense, but I can work on it.

I tried to be natural with my speech and actions. I did mess up looking at the wrong spot once...but I'm not sure if anyone will notice.

I showed it to someone and they really enjoyed it. They said the patter was good. I'm too hard on myself sometimes I think. But it is important to be critical but not too critical to yourself and view yourself from a non biased view.
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
See, you're at the point now where the mechanics are down and your presentation is well on it's way.
Now it's a matter of performing as much as possible with a real audience, anywhere, anytime.
It will become much more fun when you can watch the spectators' reactions.

One time I went to an Apple computer store with Mickey Silver. After we bought a cable, he naturally
went into his routine for the sales people. The whole place just stopped cold. It was priceless!

For me, that's the best part of magic, to be totally in tune with the crowd.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Beautiful vanish! Only thing that I would say, is please stop swaying from side to side Smile
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Coin vanish (with patter) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL