The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2003 entrée: Whit Haydn » » Notes on three card monte » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
I just recently recieved your Notes on Three Card Monte and have a few things to say.

This was the most exhaustive source for the scam that I have ever encountered. The layout of the book was very well thought out. I enjoyed reading about the history of the monte and believe y'all have gone way out of the way to provide a historical context for the reasoning of why this scam still works. I believe these notes will greatly help me to improve my three card routine.

Also, when are the notes on The Shell Game being released?

Samuel
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
I'm so glad you liked the Three-Card Monte notes. I hope that you have also had a chance to see the video "The School for Scoundrels Video on Three-Card Monte."

This contains a lot of stuff not in the book, as well as an incredible three-camera shoot on the street of the recreation of the Cracker Parker Mob's version of the scam. This step by step look at the takedown without using the bent corner is an eye-opener. I know you will really enjoy it.

The Shell Game Notes are being worked on. We had hoped to have them out by the end of the year, but it will be early next year it looks like. Other projects like our Trade Show Shell Game and Billy McComb Niteclub Table have taken precedence, although most of the research is finished, and I have started writing and working on the illustrations.

We also do not want to release the book first and then the video as we did with Three-Card Monte. This time we want to put the video and the book out at the same time. We don't want another video put out based on our book before we put out our own.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
No, I have not seen the tape. Will it be available soon on dvd? Also, I think I have that tape you were talking about. I look forward to the three shells info. I have not messed with them as of yet because I am working on the monte and wish to devote time in preparing a routine before I do another con game.

Samuel
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
The DVD of the Three-Card Monte should be available by the end of the year.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2003 entrée: Whit Haydn » » Notes on three card monte » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL