The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » New ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

watkins
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of watkins
Looking for some new tricks to do with pk ring other than coin through table and stopping watches Pete
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Hi, Pete. Welcome to the Café!

We think of ourselves as a community here, and as friends we generally help one another when we can. Sometimes you’ll see a link to some information, or advice on where to look to find your own answers.

It would be helpful to know a little more about you, what your interests are (magic-wise), what is your skill level, and what books and DVDs you already own. How long have you been doing magic? Do you perform for money? Do you prefer stage or close-up magic?

All these things will help us to get a better picture of who you are, and that will enable us to point you in the right directions for your search.

As a rule, secrets are not given out in the open (in most cases, they’re not ours to give), but you will find more REAL help on the Café than any other site to help you grow into a better magician and a better entertainer.

Again, welcome to the Café.
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
SmithMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of SmithMagicMan
I got the PK ring DVD - a good purchase.

Other effects include Physcokinetic Cutlery (a fork ontop of a bottle, spins round "by iteself")

And a very nice edition of Cap In Bottle.

Just experiment with different ideas, because there are so many things you can do with a PK ring.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
This will be very helpful. It is a link to a previous discussion of this very topic on the Café: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=92 Good luck in your pursuit of great PK ring material.
dand243
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of dand243
I always wanted to be able to use a pk ring but being as I never wear rings if I were to wear one the people who know me who I usually perform for would definitely suspect it.
SmithMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of SmithMagicMan
Have you tried the Wizard PK Ring dark?

Its like a black ring and looks much more casual than a golden one...
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Sometimes for our art we must make sacrifices. Get married and then that PK ring will look natural. These are the moments when the true artist is willing to make that extra step.
sheridanmagic
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of sheridanmagic
I know of a number of excellent marketed effects where a Pk ring is used, but am slightly reluctant to name them as by revealing that a Pk ring is the method I am kind of exposing the secret and I know this is frowned upon here? Needless to say there are absolutely loads of different uses and applications for the ring. I do have a question myself about pk rings as I have been worried about them being too close to peoples mobile phones? Is there a danger of damaging the hard disk? I have been taking mine off just to be safe and would rather not as its best to be keeping it on all night. Any one know?
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Don't know about phones, but I also find that I don't like wearing a ring other than my wedding band. For personal reasons I won't switch out a gimmicked ring to replace my gold band, so I don't do PK ring stuff.

One suggestion I have seen used a couple of places is a TT with the special gaff in it. You might have to try a few TTs to find the one that suits you, but if you can ditch one properly, this can be an effective way to get the special something happening. And will cost less than most PK rings while allowing you to determine how strong you are going to make it.

I don't do PK effects, so I can't do more than pass on the advice.

-Patrick
wingz
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of wingz
There is no hard disk in mobile phone. Storage in mobile phone is usually solid state/flash storage.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » New ideas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL