The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Color changing gloves for a manipulation act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
afoi
View Profile
Regular user
malaysia
142 Posts

Profile of afoi
Hi levent, can you describe more on the book that you mentioned? how does a vanishing gloves look like???
how does the effect look like?
- a f o i -
wingz
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of wingz
How about some modification to this effect?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiKqojILgYs
DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
There was a couple who did a quick change act for the Big Apple Circus a few years back. (Actually, I think they did a few different seasons.) The man did about 3 or 4 color changes with gloves by reaching his hands into a top hat and pulling them out with different colored gloves on. While I don't know the method, my guess is that he was reaching his hands into new gloves that were held open inside the hat.

-Daniel
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
My research shows the opposite...leaving rather than adding.

Glove changes could also be combined with other changes...color changing canes, plumes, shirts, balls, etch...

how about orange to red gloves as an orange becomes a red delicious apple...
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Quote:
On 2009-04-20 13:47, Harris wrote:
how about orange to red gloves as an orange becomes a red delicious apple...

Harris,

I would have to suggest that orange and red is a poor change.
I have never seen a modern glove change get any kind of reaction from an audience - EVER! Either the effect does not register, or the audience assumes that one pair of gloves is worn on top of another.
Orange to red in any colour change would not be sufficient to register with the audience - you would need a greater contrast.
A green to a red apple (and hence red to green gloves, or vice versa would maybe work though).
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I think Lee hit on an important part here. Does the effect register with the audience?

Unless you are doing the change some way in which they know you cannot just peel off a glove, it is just something to fill a void in a routine.

Maybe if you can do it with a think paper framework where only one hand goes in, you project the red light on the framework and the white glove turns red. Then smash your hand through paper to show there is nothing there and produce a cane or something else. I think that would register. I am not sure how to do it all but it would register.

The contrast is very important to make it register as is the surrounding colors. A black glove is not going to register well unless you are wearing a white costume.

I think when you are designing something visible, such as a costume change, you must play very big. You can always make the big play small but not the other way around.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Thanks for the color and audience lesson...that makes sense..

The audience has to connect to the performer, change and magic moment...

PS. Though I have not been active in Ring 129 lately I hear the SMOY winner's effects was awonderful CC vest.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Quote:
On 2009-04-22 09:22, Harris wrote:

PS. Though I have not been active in Ring 129 lately I hear the SMOY winner's effects was awonderful CC vest.

Thanks for the tip Harris. It is great to hear such wonderful stories.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
Quote:
On 2003-09-03 01:31, Covernton wrote:
Could you maybe do a paddle move with your whole hand?

Say you had gloves coloured differently on either side, except the order was reversed on each hand...you could stand to your left and you'd have, say, red gloves, and when you turned to the right, your gloves could instantly colour change. Then pull them off immediately. The insides would both be of a single uniform colour so that it would appear that you changed the colour suddenly, then pulled off gloves entirely of the new colour.

-Covernton

Just a thought
Like the shell subtely move more or less.
Jeremy Gates
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
Quote:
On 2006-10-27 11:58, hugmagic wrote:
Kyle,
I just stumbled on this post. The Alan Wakeling book as all you need to know on doing this. It is avaiable in paper from Amazon right now.

David and Dania have released the color changing gloves in the hat. Stevens magic sells them. One point to realize is with all those gloves on your hands it is not unnormal to loose feeling in your fingers.

You can write me direct if you need more ideas or info.

Richard

You took the words right out of my mouth and I myself have been wanting to use the Wakeling Gloves.
Jeremy Gates
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Color changing gloves for a manipulation act (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL