We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » New iPhone App, "Email Wizard", Released! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
James Mattox
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of James Mattox
Actually it's not available at the moment, sorry. I'm partnering up with someone. Im not sure when it will be re-released.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
I await, thanks
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
magic1178
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magic1178
My favourite app,very organic,tons of possibilities,I use it with Mental Killer.Awesome combo!!!!
Derek Johnston
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
820 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Great .. get me all excited about this trick and then pull the rug out from under me at the bottom of this thread. hehe I hope you rerelease soon.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Ethan
View Profile
Regular user
UK
142 Posts

Profile of Ethan
I have this app, very good but it's suddenly not working anymore. I hadn't used it in a while so maybe
I've forgotton something and I@m now doing it wrong, but I don't think so. It all works up to the last
and most important step. Anyone else had any problems?
James Mattox
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of James Mattox
Hey Ethan, it's nothing you're doing wrong, the app no longer functions. I just sent you an email with more info.
R.E. Byrnes
View Profile
Inner circle
1206 Posts

Profile of R.E. Byrnes
Could I also get that email with "more information" about the $15 app that no longer works. It seems that all that is required is to maintain the server, as it was when it was initially sold, with lots of fanfare and no indication it would stop working pending a three-month, and counting, attempt to "partner." What, apart from refunds could the "more information" usefully provide? Having bought the app - which has not worked for longer than it did work - I would be curious to receive that same email with more information referenced above. Send to: rebyrnes@post.harvard.edu.
James Mattox
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of James Mattox
The app was turned off on Sept 14th. An app update was sent out 2 months ago that, once downloaded, would display a pop up message upon launch directing the user to a website that has info about the end of service and the refund process. If you didn't get the update you would not have seen that pop up message, but that's really the only way I have of getting a message out to users. Of course if you have questions or problems you could always email me directly through the help page on the app. I'll email you the webpage now.
R.E. Byrnes
View Profile
Inner circle
1206 Posts

Profile of R.E. Byrnes
It was sold to David Copperfield, and seems more likely to be stockpiled with other tricks, patents, and copyrights than to be re-issued. Not exactly prime intellectual property rights; but he seems to gain satisfaction from alone possessing something only a handful of magicians want, anyway, and filing lawsuits against infringers who use confetti snow.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2712 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi R.E. Byrnes,

David Copperfield has not stockpiled Email Wizard.

He is using the app every night at his show at the MGM in Las Vegas.

His use of a magic app, really validates how powerful a magic app can be.

I have a LOT of voicemail recordings of professional magicians that use my app on stage . . . where many members of the audience are calling the "psychic" all at the same time.

It's really neat for me to see these events happen. A ton of calls come in for a particular card, and in the voicemail message you can hear the magician on stage and the audience applauding.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
820 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
I can't say that I blame the OP in selling the rights to this, at all. I am sure he made a lot more money selling the rights to it than he would get selling to us. I am not sure what sucks more, never being able to purchase this app or having purchased this app, becoming reliant on it, and then having it pulled from your grasp. Actually, I would probably be pretty ticked if I bought an effect and then later having it sold off to someone else and no longer being able to use it, refund or not.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
820 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Just saw the sister thread discussing the discontinuation. I would have loved to have seen this effect in action.
Damian Surr
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
212 Posts

Profile of Damian Surr
Has no one made a copy of this app yet??
I know Copperfield wouldn't be too happy, but the rest of us would!
So sad to no longer be able to use the best magic app I've ever seen.
Can't blame Copperfield for buying it, I'd have done the same in his shoes.
Can't blame James for selling it. I'd have done the same.
But come on coders .. get copying it ! Smile
www.gingermagic.com

iPhone magic apps:
www.CardNowApp.com - iPhone Business Card Magic App
www.armindreader.com – Augmented Reality Magic App
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
384 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
Quote:
On 2012-09-28 12:36, James Mattox wrote:
The app was turned off on Sept 14th. An app update was sent out 2 months ago that, once downloaded, would display a pop up message upon launch directing the user to a website that has info about the end of service and the refund process. If you didn't get the update you would not have seen that pop up message, but that's really the only way I have of getting a message out to users. Of course if you have questions or problems you could always email me directly through the help page on the app. I'll email you the webpage now.

After several emails to one James Mattox to get a refund on the discontinued Email Wizard magic app, I never received my refund via an iTunes gift card that he promised. He said he kept contacting Apple to issue the refund, but I never heard a thing. Sounded like I was getting the run-around from him. This was a few months ago. Luckily, I paid for the app with my credit card. They launched an investigation and I just was notified last week that I was refunded the purchase price of $15.99 on my credit card.

Great customer service, James Mattox! Good luck in your future business endeavors. You're going to need it.
James Mattox
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of James Mattox
Ugh. I've issued hundreds of refunds without any problems. The magic Café is not tech support, I don't know who you are so I cant do angthing about it.. Nobody ever emailed me to say they didn't get it so I don't have a clue who you are. In fact I've emailed people to remind them to claim their refund! But if you got a refund from Apple that's great. A direct refund from me would have been more $$$
Michael Clifton
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Michael Clifton
James has been nothing but obliging in his communication and appologies and answered any questions about what happened and no-one can really blame
him for his actions.Any pm I sent him about this app was answered within the hour.He refunded my account almost immediately. I just hope we get something even
better from him shortly...
Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
FredNarlo
View Profile
Veteran user
Been waiting for John Dough for the last
319 Posts

Profile of FredNarlo
I second that... Never have had any issue with Customer Service from James.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » New iPhone App, "Email Wizard", Released! (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL