The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Chinese Linking Rings (12 inch, STAINLESS STEEL) by Vincenzo Difatta (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
What a well-mannered group of youngsters. NICE SHOW.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Kit Higginson
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Kit Higginson
Quote:
On 2011-09-24 16:18, JamesinLA wrote:
Can anyone confirm that Jeremy's redefine rings match the Owens in apperance? Could you use an 8 redefine set and a couple Owens in the same routine? Thank you.

Jim

Hello All!

This is my first post on this forum. I've been lurking for quite some time now.

Jim,

The answer is YES. I own a set of Owen 12" rings as well as a set of Jeremy's Redefine rings. They are the same diameter and thickness. Their weights feels about the same and they handle very similarly. Both emit low bell like tones. The Redefine rings are pitched a bit higher and their sound is more focused, at least among the sets that I own. I actually prefer the sound of Jeremy's Redefine rings to the sound of my Owen set. The main difference is in the shape of the rings. The Owen rings are beautifully ROUND and blossom in your hands when performing slow presentational moves such as the Vernon twist. The Redefine rings are hand crafted and not as perfectly round. They may not be as well suited to a routine composed primarily of slow moves, especially when performed at close range. However, if you perform primarily from a stage or in a faster and more "dynamic" style, then this detail shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise, the two sets are VERY similar and you can successfully augment a set of Redefine rings with specially rings made by Owen such as a L****** K**, oversized or undersized rings etc. They are perfectly compatible.

If possible, It's great to own both. However, If you can't afford a full set of Owen ring at the moment then don't pass up an opportunity to pick up a set of Jeremy's Redefine rings.

Back to lurking and linking!

Cheers!

Kit Higginson
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Kit,
You read my mind. That will completely fulfill my needs and match my buying power at the moment.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
797 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On 2011-09-24 16:18, JamesinLA wrote:
Can anyone confirm that Jeremy's redefine rings match the Owens in apperance? Could you use an 8 redefine set and a couple Owens in the same routine? Thank you.

Jim

There is a user here called Walking Bob, who also states that he almost can't tell the rings apart in some older threads.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
prolineprops
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of prolineprops
I offer aircraft aluminum rings. 10" 12" 13" are 3/8" in thickness. I also offer a 15" ring that is 1/2" thick. A video of the 15"s should be up on my website soon. The hardened aluminum is very lightweight but due to the invisible welds, they ring as well as stainless. They look massive but are super light.

Cliff Wiggs
http://www.proline-magic.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7382 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Levent,
I have made the same reference to buying feather flowers that you made to photo equipment. BTW, I was a professional photographer for over 20 years and have a degree in Photo Illustration. One more thought on buying the cheaper stuff is that time you get around to buying the good stuff it has went up higher in cost. Also the good stuff holds it's resale value.

Your points on the size versus the venue are well taken.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
"Sticks" is the pro term for tripod. At least in the film biz.

Jim

Posted: Sep 26, 2011 12:59pm
I bought Jeremy's redefine rings from Stevens. Thanks to everyone!

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4789 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2011-09-26 12:59, JamesinLA wrote:
I bought Jeremy's redefine rings from stevens. Thanks to everyone!

Jim

Great Jim. I'd be very interested to hear your first impression once you receive them.
Best of luck,
Bill
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Will do. BTW, the Owen's lo*king k*y alone almost cost as much as the whole set of redefine rings!

Jim
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7382 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
BTW, as still photographer ( I did not carry all that outrageously heavy equipment) we did call it a tripod.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Yeah, Richard, I think it's just the film industry that calls them "sticks."

Jim
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Quote:
On 2011-09-27 14:26, JamesinLA wrote:
Yeah, Richard, I think it's just the film industry that calls them "sticks."

Jim

I only call them "sticks" when I am talking to a professional video crew or a cinematographer. The still photographers I know seem to only call them tripods.

BTW, when are you getting your new rings?
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Should be soon, Levent. Steven's are quick with their shipping. Thanks for asking! I'm going to premere them in a stage show on Oct. 21. I've got a question for you and JNeal I'm going to email. Thank you for all your invaluable help!

Jim

Posted: Oct 2, 2011 3:41am
Got Jeremy's Redefine rings couple days ago and have been playing with them. They are beautiful.

Jim
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Thanks Jim! Have fun with the rings! Smile

Jeremy
Jeremy Pei
www.TheSocialMagician.com

For Magicians by Magicians
www.RedefineMagicOutlet.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I like the Redefine Linking Rings too. But I was thinking about switching to the 13 inch by Proline. The reason is because I have a 13" key ring called Perfect Key. I was wondering if Proline's quality matches Redefine's. Anyone owns Proline and Redefine?
Kit Higginson
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Kit Higginson
Quote:
On 2011-10-02 03:41, JamesinLA wrote:
Got Jeremy's Redefine rings couple days ago and have been playing with them. They are beautiful.

Jim

Jim,

It's great to hear that the rings worked out!

Kit
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I'm going to use this today for the first time at a lady's club luncheon.

Jim
prolineprops
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of prolineprops
I received this testimonial a couple of days ago. Christopher sent it for my new website. I'm sure he would not mind me posting it.

"I have been a student of the rings my entire life. I have performed with just about every set in existence and I can say without question, that PROLines Linking Rings are the finest on the planet. I have been using my 15" Rings now for just over 5 years. They have taken quite a beating from me during my act, yet they still look like I pulled them out of the box brand new yesterday! They are massive in size and play great in a living room, a large stage and everything in between! They have a beautiful ring to them...it's quite musical. I don't know how Cliff can sell these for so cheap...but I'd buy them now before he comes to his senses. These rings are without a doubt, the LAST SET OF RINGS you will ever buy. I guarantee it!"

In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
http://www.christopherlyle.com

Cliff Wiggs
http://www.proline-magic.com
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Aren't those rings aluminum? I didn't think that had a ring to it?

Jim
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
I'm another satisfied Redefine customer. I own two sets. I've been using Jeremy's rings for several years now and love them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Chinese Linking Rings (12 inch, STAINLESS STEEL) by Vincenzo Difatta (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.76 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL