The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Bag for props (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1316 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Hi.

I'm looking for a bag, that can hold all my props.

Can anyone recommend me a nice, big bag with a lot of room?

Thanks
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22842 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have not idea how many props you have, the size or shape of them, please post pictures using the attachment feature below the response message box.

If you are talking about small close-up magic, then read this forum:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=34&14

If you have over 100 tricks, then buy a Foot Locker and store in that with each trick in a plastic bag, purchased at Office supply store. Pack each trick with the props, instructions, DVD and all parts for the effect.
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1316 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Currently I use this http://yazmo.com/propinkmakeupcase-1.aspx But I now have more props, that can fit into this case.

My props are not really individual effects, but more like, cups, balls, wands, thumptips, coin boxes etc. Just a lot of props for the close-up performer.

I really like my current case, except that it is now not big enough. I could of course buy another one, but would really like my props all in one place.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22842 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There is nothing wrong with that case, all your items mentioned should fit very well and have lots of room for more. Just pack it better.

Go to the forum I referenced and get the larger model.
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
I use what is known as a catalog case. Stands on its own, has additional pockets on the outside and opens at the top. Do you mean for it to be seen or just to carry your props?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22842 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-09-26 05:11, Frank Yuen wrote:
I use what is known as a catalog case. Stands on its own, has additional pockets on the outside and opens at the top. Do you mean for it to be seen or just to carry your props?

I don't see how a catalog case can be a very good close-up case to obtain small items quickly. A catalog case can be used for a stage show or parlour show, but for close-up, not so much. The cases referenced above have small and large compartments sections. Thus you can have individual tricks all laid out that can easily be picked up and put in your pockets.

None of these large cases should be seen in a close-up performance. You should work out of your pockets or a smaller type case with a close-up pad if you use one.

Say your are at your restaurant gig, and noticed people that have been there before. Maybe you would like to do something you have not done for them before. It is an easy matter to go your case and select a trick they have not seen.

Then again, sometimes I get tried of doing the same 6 tricks and want to change my material. This make it easy to break in a trick as the nite winds down.

Really, you do not want to look like you are moving to the table permanently, and you do not want to bring a huge case to a table and simply pull out a deck of cards. Looks a little silly.

Finally, make sure all the material in the case you bring to a place of performance you can perform and do. Bringing tricks you have not studied and practice is of little use.
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
I had assumed that the original poster meant a case for carrying props not to perform from, which is the use for my case but I asked for clarification in case he meant otherwise.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5765 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I seem to recall Don Alan working out of a saddle bag, for his close-up performances. I stroll, so I use a catalog case to store my props in between gigs.
stephaniebeach
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of stephaniebeach
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Magic-Daniel

I saw the case I wanted then lost the URL. And YOU found it for me. "I'm so happy": No more plastic totes.

This case: Pro Aluminum Makeup Case All Black 4 Wheeled Spinner: seems Perfect for me since I do Libraries, schools and kid shows.
I bought it straight from the site.
As always: You guys are THE BEST Smile
StephanieBeachMagic.com
Making your events Magical
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Bag for props (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL