The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Criss Angel at 99 Cent Only Stores (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
347 Posts

Profile of The Cardfather
FYI- 6 different tricks individually packaged. Not all at same store. Card Box, Nest Coin Box (same as Tenyo but all black) Pen Through, Mental Magic Cards, Money Maker and Mind Freak Secret Deck 1 (SVENGALI). I've been to 7 different stores and only one had the Svengali's. I bought them all. Packaging and Criss's name recognition must be worth something. Not sure if it's a bonus but they're Poker size too.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I snatched up all of the ones in my area down here in San Diego, to use as future gift items etc... I didn't run across any Svens or coin thru's.

You are correct Cardfather, the packaging, instructions, and quality of the merchandise is superior!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
347 Posts

Which aisle did you find yours in? The stores I went to displayed them in the Halloween decoration aisle another had them in the stationary aisle where you will find regular playing cards and another in the toy section. Some had the magic inventory split between all 3 aisles.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I found them in the stationary aisle. I don't use the term "Superior" very often, but the materials, packaging, and instruction booklet are just that!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
The Dollar Tree here,a chain store has Fantasma Svengali cards.Not bad at all.The key card is a nine of hearts and you get two extra nines of hearts,a joker that's saying"look in the box",a 41/2 of hearts,a blank card and a card with all 52 cards printed on it with the only card face down being the nine of hearts.I like these extra cards.I never pitch this deck but I'm sure you could think of something to add to the pitch with them.

The only fall back is it has MAGIC in big red block letters as well as Svengali deck on the box.

Don
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
347 Posts

Exactly. And I bought a bunch when they first started carrying them back in 2005. Along with the stripper decks which were only carried a brief time. A few years years later I bought your pitch DVD and held a whole new reason for the Svengali decks (aka Miracle Deck by Fantasma). Svens, blank deck and marked cards are staple items at Dollar Tree now along with Ed Alonzo's DVDs, Fantasma Cups and Balls, expandable top hat (flimsy version) and a few other Fantasma tricks. Interesting thing, without a pitch man to show what the Svens are all about they will probably sit on Dollar Tree shelves for quite a while. Even for a buck.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Don, thanks for the tip (no pun intended)! I'll head out and check out the Dollar Tree nearby. I hadn't a clue.

CardFather, that is a very funny and ironic observation, that the cards will sit on the shelf without a pitch man.
Have a wonderful evening men!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
The Svengali decks with the obvious red letters on the card box could be pitched in conjunction with a inexpensive plastic magic card box trick, then they wouldn`t need the original card box, for performance.

Have fun,
John
Nothing is better than more.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
The Pen Thru is garbage.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Pen through bill is a great trick, and I sell a ton of them at fairs. I just would never sell anything with Criss Angels name or face on it.
-Matt
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Pen thru Bill is a great trick, just not the one put out by C.A.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
jnrussell
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
207 Posts

Profile of jnrussell
I saw the card boxes at Dollar Tree, and bought them all up, just to get them off the general market.

I must say, the card box is better made than the one I use all the time. Why can't regular manufacturers make quality products?
John Russell
Mastering Magician
www.TheMasterMagician.net
TrickyEric
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of TrickyEric
Quote:
On 2011-10-12 07:20, slyhand wrote:
Pen thru Bill is a great trick, just not the one put out by C.A.

Agreed. This was the worst pen through bill I have used. And it has his shiny gold emblem on the cap. No thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Criss Angel at 99 Cent Only Stores (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL