The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Daryl vs. Ackerman » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
so what do you think is better?

Daryl encyclopedia or Allan Ackerman advanced card control series?
although not exactly on the same topics it is close enough for comparison.
I got both and although Ackerman is more boring than Daryl (sometimes you have to yawn real hard) I would go with his series.

opinions anybody?
PyroDevil
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
156 Posts

Profile of PyroDevil
They are both really good magicians. You can't really compare them cause they are also quite different.
I like them both.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I completely disagree. I found Daryl videos to be the most over praised magic videos of all time and I also find Daryl to be extremely boring. (Live he is good, but not on tape)
Ackerman tapes are far superior in my opinion and the material in them is not got old and dusty like most of the Daryl stuff. The quality of Ackerman videos got down after the first 3.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
IMO, the Daryl videos demonstrate the sleights, while the Ackerman videos teach the sleights. I prefer Allan's. They also have more (and better) effects.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
Hi agree with Mr Guinn,

First, let me state that I have both series, and I also think that Allan Ackerman goes into more details in his explanations. But they are both very good.

Of course either one has material that is not in the other's serie, for example Allan Ackerman has a whole video on the Faro Shuffle, and on false dealing!!!

But with that said, I agree that if you do not like a performer (tastes are personals) it makes it hard to learn from that person. So my advice is go with the performer you prefer and/or with the one that seems to cover the material YOU want to learn.

My poor 2 canadian cents.

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I like Ronnie's take on it. I happen to like Daryl. I think he's a funny and a great technician. Ackerman, being a stufdent of Marlo, really goes into the finer points of handling.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
My nod goes to Allan Ackerman. Great tapes.
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Anybody know how soon the Ackerman series is coming out on DVD?
William Holcomb
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
Ackerman is a better teacher. Daryl is a better performer. That said, I would highly recommend Allan Ackerman's Advanced Card Control series, but at the same time, Daryl's EOCS series aren't bad at all. Daryl's series have more content on them.
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
I love the charlie miller control. I think its in one of Ackerman's disc where a card is brought to the top with just a cascade of the cards.
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
This topic is continued at Ackerman vs. Daryl (opinions).
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Daryl vs. Ackerman » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL