The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » (&^%^%#^)&* DIETS!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Diet-wise, I do something kind of paleo-ish. Try to stick to mostly whole foods. Make sure I get enough protein and good fats for strength, and try to keep carb sources in whole food form as much as possible.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3126 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Bumpity bump again.

I ended up making my goal. Weighed in this morning on my birthday 50 pounds lighter than a year ago. 200.0 exactly. JUST squeezed in there.

How's everybody else's progress coming along?
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
The diet that has always worked for me is the "count calories" diet. I have an Ipad app, and when I'm losing weight, I keep my calorie intake below a certain level. Then I eat whatever I want. I drink scotch, I have a coffe cake in the morning if I want. Doesn't matter what you eat, just keep your calories 500 calories below what you burn, and you'll lose weight. It has always worked for me and I never felt deprived or hungry. And I now know how many calories in 4 ounces of scotch!
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-02-17 17:13, Slide wrote:
The diet that has always worked for me is the "count calories" diet. I have an Ipad app, and when I'm losing weight, I keep my calorie intake below a certain level. Then I eat whatever I want. I drink scotch, I have a coffe cake in the morning if I want. Doesn't matter what you eat, just keep your calories 500 calories below what you burn, and you'll lose weight. It has always worked for me and I never felt deprived or hungry. And I now know how many calories in 4 ounces of scotch!

How do you know how many you burn?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Look up the Twinkie Diet for some insight on losing weight by counting calories. Good thing about the ipad app is that it does all the calculations for you and already has a good database of foods that you can add to.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
There are methods to determine that. I just keep it around 1,800 calories which works for me. The Ipad app also has common exercises and their calorie burn which will give you more calories you can eat at the end of the day.

Basically 500 calories represents half a pound. If you weigh yourself, keep dropping calories until you are averaging half a pound weight loss a day. then you know how many calories you are burning just by living.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
The app I have also determines that by age and weight. Seems pretty acurate to me.

I was literally droping about 5 pounds a week by counting calories and it didn't interfer with my lifestyle at all.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
I did a lot of research into diets and I've tried them all. The ONLY one that works, as far as I'm concerned is calories in/ calories out. Burn more than you take in, you lose weight. I pay no attention to any other diet anymore. To me they are all scams. You can eat cake and icecream all day (not that you'd want to) and lose weight by keeping the calories below what you burn. For me, I couldn't live on a diet that didn't allow me my cocktail in the evening.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Btw, the app is called Lose It http://www.loseit.com/
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Hard to put my current progress in numbers. I look and feel leaner. My weight isn't down a whole lot because I've been lifting real heavy and putting on muscle. Should check my fat percentage sometime though.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » (&^%^%#^)&* DIETS!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL