The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sponge Teddy Bears (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Russ182
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Russ182
A few years ago Bernards Billis appeared on TV ( It may have been Paul Daniels Secrets) and had a wonderful set of white sponge teddy bears . Does anyone know where I could get a set ?
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Blayk P
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Blayk P
Wow, those are really neat.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Looks pretty cool. I sent him an email because I love sponge magic.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2167 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
I am not sure how many folks on here outside of Michigan/Ohio/Indiana would recognize the Little Caesar character, but those are just cool! Thanks for sharing.
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
575 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
These are great!
MysticJohn
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of MysticJohn
Wow really nice sponge products, I may have to get back into sponge magic. Really Really Nice.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Are they "super soft" like Goshman's?
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1672 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
You won't be able to take the sponge cupcake on plane. It is a replica of a forbidden object, which is forbidden.
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
henri loik
View Profile
Regular user
Near Chicago, Illinois
136 Posts

Profile of henri loik
Does anybody know where one can get polyfoam to carve not in a magic store. Not for complex things like eddie Ace but just spheres and cubes.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2012-01-12 17:23, henri loik wrote:
Does anybody know where one can get polyfoam to carve not in a magic store. Not for complex things like eddie Ace but just spheres and cubes.

You should be able to find it in most hobby shops - especially those that deal in model railroading. There are all kinds of different types available and you should be able to find one to fit your needs.

I hope this information is useful to you.
henri loik
View Profile
Regular user
Near Chicago, Illinois
136 Posts

Profile of henri loik
Quote:
On 2012-01-13 14:36, Dr_J_Ayala wrote:
Quote:

You should be able to find it in most hobby shops - especially those that deal in model railroading. There are all kinds of different types available and you should be able to find one to fit your needs.

I hope this information is useful to you.

I was just searching a big hobby website and I was wondering what should I ask for at the store to find sponge ball like material? I'm not sure super soft polyfoam is the right term.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
You should ask for soft polyfoam because most hobby shops also carry extruded foam, which is not what you want. The polyfoam in hobby shops are not usually round but they come in sheets of all thicknesses and also in block form. It also comes in various forms of rigidity. This type is very often used by model railroaders to build a cradle to hold engines, rolling stock and other delicate items for work or repair.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1416 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Quote:
On 2011-12-26 22:11, ringmaster wrote:
You won't be able to take the sponge cupcake on plane. It is a replica of a forbidden object, which is forbidden.

What does that mean?
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Quote:

I once tried carving a 'simple' sphere from foam........ good luck! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sponge Teddy Bears (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL