The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Have You Found Good Prices on Poster Frames? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I have a large number of larger magic posters I want to get frames for, and I am wondering if you have found any really good deals on multiple frame purchases.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
When Hobby Lobby runs a sale, I have found that their prices are pretty good... custom work and standard frames.

Good luck,
Bruce
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
I've always used http://wholesaleposterframes.com/index.php for my movie posters
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
The best deal I ever got probably won't ever happen again...

About 20 years ago, I was involved in the planning of a restaurant/bar that was to feature, among other things, my magic. We decided to decorate the walls with posters from my collection. None of them were framed. So, the owners of the place decided to pay to have them all framed. They were all done in the nicer style of black metal, custom cut to the size of each poster, and all with glass. There were about 2 dozen of them. The restaurant has long since gone the wayside, but I have all the framed posters here with me! Well all, except one that somehow got stolen off the wall at the restaurant... funny thing is, it was a cheap reproduction sitting next to some that were the real deal! Ha!

As Bruce mentioned, Hobby Lobby runs occasional sales, as does Michaels. Their ads frequently have 40%-50%, or more off framing. Check around right after the first of the year when retail sales typically drop like a rock.

You can also find those cheaper plastic or thin metal frames that have plastic instead of glass, but I'd suggest going the better route, even if you can only afford to do a few at a time. I'm sure you want to make a good impression on whoever sees them.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
mikedobias
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of mikedobias
Since the posters tend to be large, you're probably not going to want to ship them--just visit some shops in your area to find what you like and have them quote some prices. If you let them know you're getting multiple bids you can probably get a better deal. I framed mine with 1.5 inch thick black wood frames, which look great. Glass is the best route (although more expensive), unless you're framing multi-sheet posters, and then you'll need to go to plastic because of the weight.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Have You Found Good Prices on Poster Frames? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL