The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Hocus Pocus Magic Shop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
scottasf
View Profile
Regular user
san leandro, ca
157 Posts

Profile of scottasf
All I can say is that it is truely a delight to take my magc shop business to Paul at Hocus Pocus.
This has probably been said many times before, but I will say it again, doing business with Paul Gross is about as great as it can get.
If you have not done any shopping at Hocus-Pocus.com no0w is the time to start!
2008/2009 President Oakland Magic Circle

"Life would be so wonderful if we only knew what to do with it." - Greta Garbo
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
I concur!!
What puzzles me are the people who !@#$% about their shipping charging practices. Whatever, All I know is I get great service online or over the phone.
May I add that one needs to sign up or register with them to get the deals. But in a way, I hope those folks don't sign up, more for us - they can just keep their loyalty with Penguin, Denny etc.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Wanted to throw my kudos to Paul, Debbie in CS and the rest. Recently ordered several items from HP, including Whit Haydn's Comedy 4 Ring Routine DVD. Came in unreadable on every computer/player tried. Contacted by their online email, received a response from Debbie the next day saying a replacement was ordered. Received a few days later first class mail in perfect condition. No questions, no delays, no "send it back postpaid." Mistakes happen, but making them right the first time is less frequent these days from many dealers. Smile to you, Hocus Pocus!
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
I have had nothing but truly great sevice from Hocus Pocus. I have been dealing with them almost exclusively for several months and will continue to do so. Thanks, Paul.
Honi soit quit mal y pense.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I had a pleasant experience in doing business with Paul Gross and his staff. I recieved an email with a UPS Tracking number.
My purchase was shipped the same day, that my order was placed. Prompt delivery and superior service.

Hocus-Pocus Magic in Fresno, California is now my preferred online magic shoppe!
Paul also has a wonderful showroom musuem filled with magic memorabilia from around the worlde!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I know there are more techno-friendly sites, but anyone who knows anything about magic understands that Paul is the real deal...he lives and breathes this stuff. I know I can get faster shipping for less money, I know I can get a fancier web experience...but I also know that I have Hocus-Pocus bookmarked and it is a daily...sometimes hourly...go-to site when I have a magic craving. The private estate section alone is worth the price of admission (which is $0). These guys have their fingers on the pulse of magic. If it's hot, they have it. If it's unique, they get the rights. If it's worth blogging, they blog it.
Alright, who am I kidding? I'm addicted.

Even as we speak I'm going to go and watch the warehouse tour video again...for the millionth time.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
They have tour video? I'm gonna check it out.

HP is one of the great shops I'd dealt with. Even at first I didn't like the way they don't show the shipping price before finalize our purchase, but they've never disappointed me.

Once I was sent a wrong item. There are two items that have similar name. So I sent them an e-mail and they shipped it without extra charge and I get to keep the wrong item! Even when I got a defect item, they sent the replacement with no question.

They have great customer service through e-mail or phone. I live across the globe from them but their service is really great, professional and friendly. My e-mails had been replied by Karen so kudos to her as well.

Now HP has become my fave site for reference as well. I wish I lived in Ca so I could visit them in person.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Here is a video tour of The Paul Gross Showroom at Hocus-Pocus Magic

Magic Showroom

It brought back so many memories of props, I once found so much magic in.
Thank you Paul, for keeping those memories alive!

Dev/
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I have not experienced the great customer service at Hocus-Pocus that everyone else has. I place an order Saturday. Well, come about Thursday it still has not shipped. No word from Hocus-Pocus. So I email them. I get a response back that says my order will ship on the 13th which is next Monday 9 days after I originally placed the order. So I requested a refund and a cancellation of the order. This was early yesterday. Now I am back to no response and no refund.

A while back I placed an order for an item they had in the "Clearance" section. When my order arrived it was not the item I ordered! I called them and they said that the item I ordered was out of stock so they substituted another item of equal value for the item I ordered. I told them I did not want the item they sent as it did not fit in my show. So, they said if I shipped it back to them at my expense, they would refund my money. I wasnt about to spend more money shipping it back just to have to wait weeks on end to get a refund. So I sold it here on the Café and cut my losses.

Those are my two experiences anyway.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
I'm sorry to hear that Rick, perhaps you were just unlucky. So far I've got great customer services from them.

I just checked their website this week, now they have Paypal option, also they will tell you the shipping costs and options before you punch in your credit card details.

With their generous promo, they have helped me a lot in getting stuff that are extremely expensive here. So kudos to HP and their team.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
I always get great customer service from HP. They have consistently answered all my email and investigated certain key information with a lot of estate sale items I was inquiring about. Shipping from CA to IL is never super fast, but that has nothing to do with Paul.
SeeingisBelieving
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of SeeingisBelieving
I have ordered quite a bit off of Paul and HP with in the last year, including a very large illusion. But, I must admit that the shipping charges are steep. I ordered some mouth coil refills and other small items that I need from time to time and the charges were at least triple shipping any where else. That being said, every time I have ever had an order through them I receive the best customer service I have ever seen. Problems were always handled quickly and professionally. When I ordered my illusion from Paul he checked in with me through out it's trip from California al the way up until it arrived in my building. Even with the steep shipping, I will continue to come back
Travis Combs
Magcian/Entertainer
kentuckymagic.com
"Magic isn't just someone doing tricks, it's the experience"-TC
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
So, another big round of applause to Paul and Hocus Pocus. I recently purchased an Abbott Arrow Head from the antique/private collections area of HP advertised in "mint" condition. When opening, I found it was in less than fair condition, with a hinge and a couple of other parts actually falling off, and no instructions whatsoever included. I contacted Paul, who explained he had received two models from the same source, one of which (the "mint" version) had been previously sold, but had mistakenly been left on the site. He graciously offered a full refund, along with return shipping reimbursement. Received the refund as soon as the product was received back at HP, and the shipping later after he returned from "Magic Live."

A disappointment at not receiving what I had been offered, but largely made up by Paul's understanding and quick response to make it right.

Don't know how you can get much better than that.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
HP is THE shop :0 I've got some amazing customer service, always here to help.
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Absolutly the best online store! Just to jump start this thread Again. Paul and his family have done what most online stores can't or fail to do is connect with their customers on a personal level. Countless times in the last ten years Paul has given me advice on what would be good for me as a performer and what would Not. Paul and his team have directly takin an interests with who is buying from them. They really do learn your personality and make very great recommendations on that. Most online shops, you can expect good service but with hocus-Pocus you get outstanding service. They are always updated with what's hot in magic/mentalism, prices are extremely fair. Always are be presented with sales. Free membership which gives you discounts on some itmes that most of the time You end up getting 40-60 percent off. If you what to buy from people who care about what they are offering the magic Community and have unparalleled service then
Try your next order with hocus-Pocus.com
(The bellow link shows you how much you can save on items)
1-800 407-4040
Hocus-Pocus.com

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s......09353570
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2013, Justin Lewis wrote:
Absolutly the best online store! Just to jump start this thread Again. Paul and his family have done what most online stores can't or fail to do is connect with their customers on a personal level. Countless times in the last ten years Paul has given me advice on what would be good for me as a performer and what would Not. Paul and his team have directly takin an interests with who is buying from them. They really do learn your personality and make very great recommendations on that. Most online shops, you can expect good service but with hocus-Pocus you get outstanding service. They are always updated with what's hot in magic/mentalism, prices are extremely fair. Always are be presented with sales. Free membership which gives you discounts on some itmes that most of the time You end up getting 40-60 percent off. If you what to buy from people who care about what they are offering the magic Community and have unparalleled service then
1-800 407-4040
Hocus-Pocus.com

When do they have these sales I hear about?
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2016, Decomposed wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2013, Justin Lewis wrote:
1-800 407-4040
Hocus-Pocus.com

When do they have these sales I hear about?

Sign up for their newsletter/email alerts and you will have no problem ever missing a sale!
Wordsworth
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of Wordsworth
I just wanted to add my recommendation of Hocus Pocus. I had a shipping problem over Christmas, which was not their fault. They put time in to help make it right, and I got my order in time for Christmas. I really appreciated the effort there over their busy season. And as pointed out above, they're a good place to find some sales, which I don't think we see enough of in magic.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Good customer service, although in my experience they are not the fastest to ship. I never have my order shipped the same day no matter how early I place it.
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
HP has been my first choice dealer for over 10 years. I once received a defective item. A replacement was immediately shipped out at no extra charge. I have always been pleased with the service at HP.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Hocus Pocus Magic Shop (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL