The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Holely by Will Tsai (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Swest
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Swest
Having purchased Holely I have been rather disappointed with the quality of what I received and the resulting customer service. The gimmick for the product does not function as required, in so much that it will not stay put - it simply falls off. Because of this it is difficult to put it in place, especially if your hands have any moisture at all. Whilst Will describes an alternative method to this, it is messier, much less convenient, and is not how the effect was primarily intended to be achieved. Having contact smproductionz about this issue, I was simply told that no refills of the gimmick were available except for 'private members'. Having replied to this expressing a) how frustrating that only 'private members' are allowed to keep performing the trick they have bought and b) I was not requesting a 'refill', but simply a replacement for a faulty item I have had no reply.

Has anyone had similar experience with the gimmick/have any advice?

Thanks
zauindro
View Profile
New user
Mariestad, Sweden
38 Posts

Profile of zauindro
Quote:
On 2012-01-19 12:04, Swest wrote:
Having purchased Holely I have been rather disappointed with the quality of what I received and the resulting customer service. The gimmick for the product does not function as required, in so much that it will not stay put - it simply falls off. Because of this it is difficult to put it in place, especially if your hands have any moisture at all. Whilst Will describes an alternative method to this, it is messier, much less convenient, and is not how the effect was primarily intended to be achieved. Having contact smproductionz about this issue, I was simply told that no refills of the gimmick were available except for 'private members'. Having replied to this expressing a) how frustrating that only 'private members' are allowed to keep performing the trick they have bought and b) I was not requesting a 'refill', but simply a replacement for a faulty item I have had no reply.

Thanks

I have exact the same problem. It will not stay put at all. I will not reveal anything, but Will suggest that you have it on the box until you are ready to go. that's not possible.
I have send an email to pegani magic (I bought the effect from them) but all answer I have got from them is that they are going to try it. But I have not got any answer yet.

Please, if someone who has this effect and if you know how I can "fix" to stay where it should be, please pm me.
If you want proof I have the effect requires you can get it if you want.

Thanks,

/Per
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
The gimmick I received was fine, but my dog chewed it (!!) and I had to request for a gimmick replacement from them. They asked me to provide a photo of myself holding the DVD. And I received my replacement a week after. 'Emily' was who I dealt with from their website. Maybe you want to give her a shout?
zauindro
View Profile
New user
Mariestad, Sweden
38 Posts

Profile of zauindro
I´ve got mail from Pegani today. They have tested the product and they had same issue as I´ve got. They should check this with Ellusionist. I was told that I´m going to get a new "gimmick" that's work when they got it. I also got the choice of returning the trick.

I choose to keep it, I think this trick would be great with proper gimmicks.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I watched the video clip and decided to do a search before buying.

The Café comes through again!

Too bad though. It looked great in the demo.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2012-05-06 13:07, Zombie Magic wrote:
I watched the video clip and decided to do a search before buying.

The Café comes through again!

Too bad though. It looked great in the demo.

Now I'm just simply asking (as I am interested in this effect as-well), what has been wrong with the reviews of this effect on here?

The last 2 reviews sounded like they may have received bad copies? Every-other review has been great. Simple question that's all.

For anyone else who has picked this up, how has it worked out for ya? Smile

Thanks

Paul
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I am sorry to hear this as I just ordered it. I had a pretty good idea of how it is done, we'll see.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
While I don't own this, I'm impressed with the demo, especially Beyond Holely. What I'm wondering and excuse me if this was in a different post (couldn't find one), is how does this compare with the great reviews
for Peter Eggnik's moving hole trick? The reviews of this sound like it's easy whereas Peter's takes time. Your thoughts?
edhagins
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of edhagins
I just received an email offering a combo pack of Holely and Beyond Holely. Having never heard of the trick, I Googled up this thread. I too am curious about the last two reviews. Without them, the purchase seemed a no-brainer. Is it possible that these reviewers simply received defective products, which we all know from time to time slip by quality control or is this a major problem that has not been previously mentioned?
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I accidentally ruined my "supply" from beyond Holely. Jennifer at Sans mind magic was very helpful several times and showed me the prices for refills
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
I own both Eggink's and this. While Eggink's is great and fun to toy around with, I think the new Holely animation looks way more natural to me. It's more practical too! I feel having the sharpie positioned the way in Eggink's version is very odd. With Holely, only a single card is used, audience see through the hole right before it moves, and it's happening in people's hand, two phase, It's SO CLEAN in spectator's eyes. I've only performed it 20-some times. The reaction has always been huge! This new version can be applied on borrowed items, like bills and receipts. I like it on cards, but it makes the plot so much stronger with borrowed items!! Just my two cents.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2012-01-19 12:04, Swest wrote:

Thanks

The gimmick for the product does not function as required, in so much that it will not stay put - it simply falls off. Because of this it is difficult to put it in place, especially if your hands have any moisture at all.

Same as that very disapointed and has been in the back drawer ever since.
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
I travel with the trick to gigs in different places. Found if the gimmick has been exposed to heat or hot weather, it will have this issue. But the 'lazy handling' in the DVD covers it all and works great. Use the 'dab' method in the DVD.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Holely by Will Tsai (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL