The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Sting Complete Pro Package by Lou Leventhal (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
248 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
Hi Lou,

I'll definitely let you know. I like letting people know how well their products work out...it's kind of like with restaurants. Most people only call out the manager to complain, but I'll often summon a manager to tell them how much I enjoyed the meal.Smile

- Cris
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Cris,

Your a man after my own heart! Thanks again! Smile

Lou
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
248 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
To Other People Reading This Thread,

I'm about to do a big Magic No-No: I'm going to tip something from the DVD!!! But I'm sure Lou won't mind.Smile

In the conversation will Bill Abbott, the two at one point iscuss something that's near & dear to me: that is, when someone is a guest on stage (note the word 'guest' I use and what that implies) Lou & Bill both talk about how, when the situations occur when they find out how long the person has been married, they lead the audience in a sincere moment of applause, a celebration of the marriage.

This is in stark contrast to how most magicians handle such situations - ie, "Oh, you've been married 13 years? How many of those were HAPPY years?" In other words, as working pros, both Lou & Bill reject that kind of hack mentality of going for the cheap laugh.

It's a minor point in terms of length devoted to it on the entire DVD but the entire routine has that kind of subtext (treating your guests with respect) all through it.

I too have been doing things like that for years and because I have that "evil magic DNA" pounded into me by years of exposure to crap magic, I always felt like the odd man out by NOT taking the cheap laugh.

So, those of you wisemen and wisewomen who invest in this package, there are lessons in here that go beyond the routine itself.

Cris

Lindan
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Lindan
I just had the opportunity to perform The Sting five times in the last week. Four times on stage and once during a walk around gig. The Sting is absolutely wonderful!

I use a non-locking Ring Flight Revolution reel. The set up is quick and easy. The structure of the routine is brilliant. To me the no hassle envelope hook up is worth the price of the trick alone. Most importantly it plays very STRONG.

Prior to The sting, I had very serious reservations about performing Ring Fright, I mean Ring Flight. Lou's handling and expert instruction eliminated all of these fears. I love it and can't imagine doing a show without it.

Thank you Lou for releasing The Sting to the magic community.

Anthony Lindan
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Hey Cris & Anthony,

Again, thanks for the kind words. I have always believed that volunteers are our guests on stage. When we belittle them for a cheap laugh, everyone leaves with a bad taste in their mouths. When they can be a part of the fun, instead of the butt of the joke, everyone, including the audience, feels great.

Anthony, I'm excited to hear that it played so well for you. I've always wondered what it would feel like for others to perform my routine.

I'm sure that each person will add their own personal touches, but I'm thrilled to hear that your first performances went over so strongly.

Lou
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
248 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
Lou,

My Ring Flight Revolution arrived today. What a wonderful piece of equipment! Practice has started, full-blown rehearsals start next week while I'm on the road. I'll post how things go as I'm considering debuting the effect for my final performance of the year for a repeat client who likes new material.Smile

- Cris

Kristian Skovbo
View Profile
Regular user
Denmark
159 Posts

Profile of Kristian Skovbo
Hi all

I am thinking about buying this.

I just to know a couple of things (And I am not asking for the method)

I have several routines with spectators on stage - could it be done without the spectator on stage? (maybe setting in first row)

Or would it loose the effect?

What is the premise of the routine? That they can win a price?

Is there an reason to bring out the wallet?

All the best!

Kristian
Denmark
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Hi Kristian,

Thanks so much for your interest.

The spectator DOES need to be on stage for the full impact of the effect.

Lou
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
248 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
Having the spec onstage allows for comedy, the routine plays bigger, and plays longer w/ interaction. The premise humanize you to the audience and makes you a real person. Funny & endearing. Worth every penny.

- Cris

M & M
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of M & M
We've been performing magic for a living for over twenty two years and the first time we saw Lou Leventhal's show, two things stood out
immediately, his professionalism and his fantastic Ring Flight routine. When we heard Lou was going to release it, we didn't hesitate to place an
order. You can't help but appreciate all of the touches, big and small that Lou offers. Over decades of perfecting this routine, he has saved us all a lot of trial and error. It is a solid, real world "worker" that we'll be using for years.

Mitch
Double Vision Magic
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Thanks for the kind words Mitch!

Lou
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
I dunno, I thought it was just ok. I was looking forward to seeing the routine and the script but it's really just a matter of "my grandad used to play a guessing game and I had to guess which hand it was in". Not really much of a premise.

The handling is good and the use of the envelope is clever. My ring flight isn't a locking one so it's not as good as a locking one.

- Doug Malloys "Ring n Wallet" is a superior product IMO.
asmae
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of asmae
Quote:
I couldn't agree more.
On 2011-12-16 03:52, Futureal wrote:
I dunno, I thought it was just ok. I was looking forward to seeing the routine and the script but it's really just a matter of "my grandad used to play a guessing game and I had to guess which hand it was in". Not really much of a premise.

The handling is good and the use of the envelope is clever. My ring flight isn't a locking one so it's not as good as a locking one.

- Doug Malloys "Ring n Wallet" is a superior product IMO.
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
248 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
Finally had the chance to perform this for the first time today. I was surprised at the laughter the routine generated. Several points of the routine I had to pause for laughter. The final line as spectator returns to her seat played great - priceless! The magical reveal killed, too. I'm extremely pleased I was able to do my final show of 2011 breaking in this new routine. Thanks again, Lou.

- Cris

illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Hi Cris,

This routine is for professional performers. Great to hear that it generated laughs during your first performance. That was my goal - to make the routine as transferable as possible. As you become more and more comfortable with it, I'm sure that you'll add additional material or edit some of mine to make it your own.

Have a Happy New Year!

Lou
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Sting Complete Pro Package by Lou Leventhal (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL