The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Awlaki 'killed” again (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16249 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
Glenn Greenwald today on this is pretty interesting and sobering:
"The due-process-free assassination of U.S. citizens is now reality"

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_......dex.html
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16249 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6755 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Thank goodness that murderer cannot harm anymore children.
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Good to hear the Al has been thumped. Imagine listening to the Washington Post, NY times and NPR and believing that they said this mutt was a moderate?
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

It looks-like Sammy Kahn, another Holy War terrorist from America was standing too close Dead Al when the rose petal dropped from the sky.

It must be kill one terrorist and kill one free in Yemen today. Smile
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Capital Punishment here at home. Summary executions of US citizens abroad. Why is the cheering and bloodlust not at all surprising?

I guess you guys won't see it until it's too late, but never say you weren't warned. Because if they can execute even 1 American without due process and get away with it, and if you cheer it on, then you have no leg to stand on when they come for you or someone you know. Either the Bill of Rights covers everyone, or it covers no one. There is no such thing as selective enforcement of the our Rights.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Aww man another radical nut job that is gone. What is the world going to do now? Too bad that there are those out there that gives other nationalities, Religions etc... such a black eye. I say good riddance. The only problem is. There maybe and often is someone worse right behind him waiting to take over this dead guys place.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
We've lost our freedom a while ago and it is getting to a point I doubt we can get it back.
Dennis Michael
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Part of me wants to say something here, and another part of me knows what a waste of time that would be. So I guess that's all I have to say for now.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
bblumen
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
987 Posts

Profile of bblumen
Quote:
On 2011-09-30 13:22, Chance wrote:
Capital Punishment here at home. Summary executions of US citizens abroad. Why is the cheering and bloodlust not at all surprising?

I guess you guys won't see it until it's too late, but never say you weren't warned. Because if they can execute even 1 American without due process and get away with it, and if you cheer it on, then you have no leg to stand on when they come for you or someone you know. Either the Bill of Rights covers everyone, or it covers no one. There is no such thing as selective enforcement of the our Rights.

What part of this do you not understand?

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
"Lulling the minds of your company is more important than dazzling their eyes." Ed Marlo
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Quote:
On 2011-09-30 13:51, RS1963 wrote:
Aww man another radical nut job that is gone. What is the world going to do now? Too bad that there are those out there that gives other nationalities, Religions etc... such a black eye. I say good riddance. The only problem is. There maybe and often is someone worse right behind him waiting to take over this dead guys place.

OK, let's follow this line...

RS, after reading your posts around the Web I now think that you are a "radical nut job". It's all your fault. It's the "obvious" interpretation your posts give off. I think you are a danger that must be dealt with. Maybe by summary execution. Maybe by secret rendition. Doesn't matter, because as far as you are concerned life as you know it will cease to exist and there will be no recourse or appeals. Maybe if you are lucky you will be released after 5 or 6 years after it's clear that 2000 days of solitary confinement have broken your mind and spirit beyond repair.

What are you going to do about it... then?
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

The funny thing is that Moveon.Org, Code Stink and the ACLU are so quiet. Gitmo is still open, bombing in 5 countries, killing Americans (though using Executive Order), all in the last 3 years.

Imagine if someone else did this? You wouldn't be able to even find the weather in the news, because they would be running around with their hair on fire.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

"Radical Nut Job" is too kind to call Dead Al.

Knowing what you know about this Holy War Terrorist, if you had the chance to kill him, would you?
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Kevin, If that's true (it isn't, but what's new) then how do you categorize my comments, sinc ehtey obviously don't jibe with what the president just did? How can you say we liberals are all complacent, when the obvious exception is staring you in the face?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2011-09-30 09:58, magicfish wrote:
Thank goodness that murderer cannot harm anymore children.

What makes you say he was a murderer?
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Chance, I never said that. I accept your apology in advance.

The real problem is that the very few who are complaining, why say something now? The POTUS has had a hit list since at least April 2010, including the now Dead Al. Where were all the left wing hiding then and today?
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-09-30 14:56, landmark wrote:
Quote:

What makes you say he was a murderer?

You may want to do a Google search. Add Dead Al's name with Underwear bomber, Fort Hood, Times square to your search.

Glad to be of help.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
You're right. Liberals are just so darn quiet in the face of all Obama has done "wrong":

http://www.squidoo.com/liberalsagainstobama
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Actually, I think Chance does have a point here. Awlaki was an American citizen, and he was killed by order of the President, without trial. That doesn't seem entirely right, even if he was guilty of treason. On the other hand, I don't think you can seriously doubt that he was engaged in a war against the United States, and therefore a legitimate target of military operations. This war is a terror war, by our enemies' choosing, and in a terror war the distinctions between our ines and enemy lines and between battlefields and non-battlefields become blurred. You can read about the Civil War in Missouri for an earlier example. It is not a very pretty state of affairs.

Meanwhile, here are some I think judicious thoughts......itution:

Quote:
Our military and intelligence services are to be congratulated for taking out yet another anti-American terrorist planner. In theory, no one is irreplaceable in war, but it is hard to see how al-Qaeda and its affiliates will be able to find someone quite as familiar with the West — its language, social media, and general culture — as the late Las Cruces native and American citizen Anwar al-Awlaki.

Awlaki represented a post-9/11 generation of Islamic terrorists focused on encouraging an eerie “al-Qaedism” among otherwise normal-acting native or naturalized Americans and Europeans. He saw, correctly, that in an era of new security measures and the attrition of al-Qaeda abroad, stealthy terrorism by otherwise nondescript Middle Easterners residing in the West was a more practicable way of harming the U.S. than massively planned, multi-person operations from abroad. His passing is reflective of the progress, often quiet and under the radar, that the U.S. military and CIA are making in systematically eliminating the surviving Islamist echelon. In this regard, the presence of Iraq savior and retired general David Petraeus at the CIA led to coordination of intelligence and military operations in a fashion we have not seen previously. One expects that Dr. Zawahiri is taking note.

Finally, the manner of the American citizen Awlaki’s death — which, according to very preliminary reports, was from the air by judge-jury-and-executioner drones or precision-guided bombs — once again frames the entire ongoing debate over the so-called Bush-Cheney security measures. Those on the left who made the argument — often quite vehemently and with plenty of personal invective (“war criminal”) — that water-boarding three known and quite proudly confessed foreign-national terrorists represented a “war crime” must now come forward and turn that vitriol on the Obama administration, which just executed an American citizen abroad on suspicions of terrorist activity. (Most nonpartisans might consider water-boarding three self-described terrorists less a “crime” than executing over 2,000 suspected terrorists — and any and all who, as collateral damage, happen to be in the general vicinity when the sentence is carried out.)

If we see anything less than commensurate protest against the present administration, then the entire hysteria of 2002–8 in retrospect becomes rank partisanship and hardly principled anguish. But as we have seen with the continuance of Guantanamo, renditions, tribunals, preventive detention, and the Bush policies in Iraq and Afghanistan, these once-acrimonious issues are simply not issues any more. I guess critics “moved on” around January 2009.

As Kevin Williamson notes:

Quote:
If Awlaki had been killed in combat, that would be a different thing. But he was not. If anybody can be designated an enemy combatant in a war in which the battleground is everywhere and the president has legally unlimited power to do as he will, and when citizens can be put to death summarily, with no checks and balances and no meaningful separation of powers, we have surrendered something important.

We now live in an era during which "On Star" can turn on a microphone in your car and listen to and record your conversation whenever they want to, whether you know it or not. And record where you are, how fast your are traveling, and whether your seatbelts are buckled up or not.

How long before that capability is coupled with extra-judicial missile-launching? It's way past 1984.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Awlaki 'killed” again (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL