The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Hmmm...The Crazy Man's Handcuffs? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Quote:
On 2003-09-05 22:56, MacGyver wrote:
Does anyone know the NAME of this effect:

You hold two rubber bands, one on your two index fingers and the other on your ring fingers.

You do the "move" and then hold them back up seemily like before, but then you make one band "jump" onto the other. You then let that band hang on the other to show its really on, then raise it to your mouth to "break" the band to get the other band off.

You then show its off and restore the one you broke.

I know its a classic, but can't seem to find the name or where to learn the whole thing.

I think you might be refering to Chris Kenner's "Missing Link". This can be found in his book "Out of control" and Dan Harlan's rubberband video.
Bernard Sim
jezza
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of jezza
has anyone tried ring bandit ring on rubber band routine
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
MacGyver,
That one is called "Missing Link" by Chris Kenner. I'll show it to you at the next SAM meeting if you remind me.

Eric Grossman
family/magic/music/life
crazyhands
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of crazyhands
jezza, i've used ring band it a few times, it's a good effect but requires alot of practice to get the illusion just perfect, but it's well worth it.
Bong780
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
172 Posts

Profile of Bong780
I'm using Pinnacle once I got it. First I use CMH "move" to penetrate the ring from the band, I offer to do it again in "slow motion", then I do Pinnacle. Such a clever routine, the specs jaw just dropped when I slowly penetrate the ring back on the rubberband.

For ring and band magic you can't miss Pinnacle by Russ Niedzwiecki.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Hmmm...The Crazy Man's Handcuffs? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL