The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Who doesn't love the Retention pass? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
bigchuck
View Profile
Veteran user
Nothing clever has ever been said in my
400 Posts

Profile of bigchuck
Quote:
On 2005-01-19 07:52, MSD921 wrote:
This appears to be one of those publications that prides itself on revealing everything possible to anyone with a few bucks to buy their book. What do you think?

This is what magic books do, if they didn't would any of us buy them?
"The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows. - Frank Zappa"
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
Normally I do it with the aid of a playing card. It seems like the coin slides off the card, and into my hand. People often say,"No way! I saw it go in though, no, no way man.." It is one of my favorite vanishes. It would be great to see a man like Roth put out a whole dvd on it, it would be amazing.

Rmax Goodwin
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey K,

Not sure why folks send you looking for the site if they know what it is and can simply post it, but just the same, here it is as posted a while back by JT. Not sure it works though. Perhaps Ol' JT will update it here for you if it doesn't get you there. It never got me there, but it is what he posted and sends others to. In the same string, Dougini posted that he did get there, so you might ask him to post the url. I can't believe it simply just wasn't posted for you as you simply asked.

http://www.strulik.fr/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=823&start=60

Here is the link to the thread. The clip is on the middle of page 2,
and another is on the way.

BTW, Le Tournequette is known to us as the French Drop.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
No il faut ecrire : Le tourniquet. If not it'll not work.
Sorry but the link doesn't work.
arthur
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I have the clip and will forward it off to you if you want to host the thing.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
Thanks Jonathan.
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Kavalsky, sorry dude. Did my best to get you to what JT was talking about. Seems the link really doesn't work (and that's straight from the French) Smile and seems you can't see it unless you're "hosting." You might tap Ol' JT on the shoulder about it here one more time. Perhaps just the right tap sequence and you might be worthy. Smile Good luck, it shouldn't be, but it can be pretty dark and winding in here sometimes. Smile

Kavalsky, eureka! I found something for ya. Again it was posted by Ol' JT. Still not sure when you first asked, why this simple link of Mickey doing his SUV wasn't given to you. But like I said, it can be dark in here sometimes. Smile

Anyway, enjoy my man and let us know your thoughts. Smile

http://lamagiedespieces.free.fr/SUV_demo.wmv
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Thank you, Mb217!

Finally, a direct link! My browser (or something) was interfering (DNS error) with getting there before. I right-clicked on the above link, and "save target as", and downloaded the .wmv right to my hard drive! Awesome!

See? This Café ROCKS!

Doug
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Folks, Shane Wiker may have some good news for us about this material soon. One and perhaps more clips are now in digital form and may be posted in the near future.
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
Thanks for the link.
arthur
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Jonathan, I've just added the clips now. I believe they are the Ball Vanish and the Back Clip Recovery.

The link to the website is in my signature. Go to Magicians, enter the password, go to Videos, then Other.

Thanks,
Shane Wiker
Bob Gerdes
View Profile
Loyal user
Northport, NY
237 Posts

Profile of Bob Gerdes
Shane,
When you click on the "Backclip Recovery" link, it plays Jonathon's ball vanish (very nice, by the way!).

Can you fix this? And thanks for hosting these!

Bob
Eschew obfuscation
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Bob,

The link has been fixed. Thanks for pointing that out. Smile

Shane Wiker
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Mickey has two more video clips that might be okay to share. I will ask him later this weekend.
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Great!

Oh, and I just realized that there was another problem with the video. Everything should work now.

Shane Wiker
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Shane, dude, your password question might have more answers than you think. I understand that the concept was first published by Edward Victor, in "Magic of the Hands" I think, and was popularized and refined by Vernon. The technique was (independently?) reinvented by the guy you have as the answer, and he was the one who named it "tilt".

I can imagine a more auspicious start for your new forum than an old crediting argument, so you might do well to pick a less controversial question. (Is there one? Even "the last name of 'the Professor' gives some people problems)

Thanks for putting the clips up. It's good to see Jon's ball vanish again. It, by the way, is a retention vanish. There we are, back on topic!
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
You're right. I'm aware that several people have been credited for the move, but I thought that using the term "tilt" would tip off who I was referring to. Anyway, do you guys think I should change the question to, "Who was the professor of magic?"

I want to make sure that most laymen wouldn't know the answer, but almost all serious magicians will, even if they've only been doing magic for a few months.

Shane Wiker
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
I think the potential for confusion arises from the use of the word "invented". The controversial question is "who invented the move that you know as 'Tilt'". The safe version is "who gave "Tilt" that name?"

Or, you could try:

"What is the name of David Williamson's Raccoon"?

"Magicians refer to U.S. silver dollars minted in 1921 by what name?"

"What card follows the Ace of Hearts in Si Stebbins sequence?"

"Quick--name any card in the deck". (the answer is the most common response)

"Provide the next line: 'Hold out your hand--no, the clean one.'"
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Shane, nice vids and website...Smile Really enjoyed the Paul Gertner one, he's a monster with those cups and balls...Smile Absolutely exceptional! Johnny Carson isn't all that hard to fool as he absolutely enjoys the magic for magic's sake...I remember him always having a soft spot for magicians...Saw a lot as a kid on his shows. Smile

Nice ball vanish and backclip production by JT...I believe I saw JT many years ago in Lou Tannens Magic Shop in NYC...He's very good with very thoughtful hands. Think Mickey took his ball vanish to a new level with his SUV. Seem to remember Mick demonstrating it with a ball and even a dice...both very convincing.

Thanks for making these videos available. Smile

***PS- wouldn't it be nice if you built up a collection on your website of the giants (big and small) right here on the Café??? Hint, hint... Smile Like you have a little JT, it would also be nice to see some Curtis Kam, Gallo, Vinny Marini,, Bill Palmer, Rubinstein, Koehler, Denis Behr, Sylvester's Pitch, etc. That would be an impressive collection and a great project. Smile Thinking Dan Watkins might even drop you vid of his work. Always liked his "Lightning Copper/Silver"... Quick and quite magical. Smile You might reach out to them and so many others here...Many are worthy of being in a collection. Well...what are you waiting for young man...Smile

mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Thanks for the clips Shane and thanks to Jon T. Mickey and Paul for contributing great vids.

I got a chance to see Jon perform his Backclip recovery at Curtis Kam's lecture at East coast magic in Pa. and have to say that it was so smooth that it looked like a coin production, the coin just looked like it appeared.

Jon hope to see more clips soon.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Who doesn't love the Retention pass? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL