The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » R2-D2 Billet Tear (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
I originally posted this in "Latest and Greatest", but might be more appropriate here.

Doug Dyment has come out with a new monograph on the center/billet tear and it is probably the best tear I have ever seen. R2-D2 is one that will show the full center of the billet, in real time. Let me explain that statement. If you were to divide the back of your business card, for example, into quarters vertically, you would be able to see the 2 middle quarters, essentially showing a full 1/2 of the billet. Now this is done in two steps in the tear, but all of the steps are fluid and the peeks are not discernible by the specs at all.

This will take a bit of practice, but anything that's worth it will. This has become my tear of choice and I highly recommend it.

It is available for $24 ( a bargain in my opinion) at http://www.deceptionary.com/content-p.html
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Just ordered...
I've asked to be banned
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I received a copy of this from Doug and can say that it is easily one of the best CT's I have ever seen.

Crystal clear instructions together with excellent illustrations also make this one of the easiest to learn. I highly recommend this.

Good thoughts,

Bob
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
First Tony, now Bob and soon, I suspect, Iain!

What's a poor wallet to do?
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I don't have it yet, but I can recommend it Smile
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Very tempting...
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Quote:
On 2011-10-04 14:10, gmeister wrote:
First Tony, now Bob and soon, I suspect, Iain!

What's a poor wallet to do?

It’s looking a little heavy. I think it needs to lose some weight.
If you live in the UK, I would say that it needs to lose a few pounds.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I hope it says somewhere in the instructions "please remember to whistle just like R2-D2 as you use this technique..."
I've asked to be banned
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I haven’t seen it, but, assuming it is as good as everyone says it is, here is an official quote:
“Doug’s R2-D2 is an in Sidious technique that’s perfect for Solo performances and offers A New Hope for billet work. Don’t settle for a Clone.”
Bartelli
View Profile
Elite user
Belgium
403 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
Ordered as well. It's Elliott's quote that sold it.
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Bob Cassidy's benediction sold me on it.

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
siepielski
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of siepielski
Highly recommended. The force will be with you.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
If, as many believe, billets are the cornerstone of mentalism, and if, as I certainly do believe, the billet tear is one of the most effective techniques with the medium, R2-D2 will establish Doug as one of the best thinkers and creators in our midst. I've tried more than a dozen instant read center tears, even developed a couple of my own, but I would deem R2-D2 superior to them all.
Read the ad, and take some time to think about the conditions. Consider that all have been met, very nearly perfectly. Consider that it is easy to do. Consider the reviews and recommendations by the brightest lights in mentalism. Then ask yourself, "why haven't I ordered this...". There isn't a good reason if you make any part of your living doing mentalism, especially mentalism with billets. It's $24. I've paid twice that for crap. (Honestly, I expected Doug to charge more-I would have;-)Don't let the yellow cover fool you. It isn't gold; it's platinum. Very, very highly recommended.
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Just placed my order.

:)
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Ordered as well, thanks for the heads up Tony.
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
First, my sincere thanks to all those who have taken the time to comment so favourably on R2-D2, my latest release: I'm truly humbled.

The past twenty-four hours have been a bit hectic, as you well might imagine. As of this moment, though, all received orders have been shipped, so any ordered copies shouldn't be too long in coming.

Let me also take this opportunity to remind you that all Deceptionary products have their own dated "supplement" pages on the Web site, and R2-D2 is no exception. I encourage those of you who are using this tear to check this out, as it already contains what I believe can be helpful ideas for honing your newfound billet-bending skills.

Finally, as those of you who follow my offerings already know, I like to reward early purchasers (who are taking more of a "risk") by offering them at a lower price than will eventually be set. So you can expect to see the charge for R2-D2, as it has for my other products, rise somewhat over time.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I just placed my order. Barrie Richardson's recommendation on your site was the clincher for me. I like his center tear, and if he says R2D2 is good, then I know its gotta be good.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
I'm looking forward to this too. Just ordered.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
Doug is a friend of mine and I know that when he puts his mind to something, he only shares it with the world when it is perfect.

Not only is this perfect, it is, in my opinion, ground breaking.

It is quite simply revolutionary and I think once mastered, this will become the new standard in billet tearing techniques!

Col.
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
Gregg Foxx
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Gregg Foxx
Revolutionary? Ground breaking? This sounds interesting. I am a long-time dedicated Osterlind PCT practitioner--I have custom gummed pads made up to just the right size for me, with just the right paper and with the grain alligned just the right way, per Osterlind. Didn't think I needed to look for a more "perfected" CT. But Doug Dyment is a super guy and I have purchased other of his "monographs", each one worth every penny, without exception. My order is in.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » R2-D2 Billet Tear (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL