The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Best Bill Switch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Check out Tivoli's bill switch no thumb tip, he at one time had a tuitorial on line.. if I find it ill post the link.
vinny
Ps some of Lonnie Chevrie's work is based on the bill switch by Juan Pablo
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
While I've always loved the BS (doh... he said BS) I've never been too keen about folding it so small that you have trouble seeing it from five feet back. The TT is a fantastic utility, but I've prefered handlings that have followed a lateral train of thought; one of the reasons I have to agree with Vinny and Eric about Juan Pablo's work. I used to do one where I rolled the bill up. It created more of a visual footprint than a 1/16th packet. Now think cigarette moves and you'll probably be able to do it too.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2742 Posts

Profile of John Long
Eric

That makes sense, if nothing (in the specs mind) was happening.
Yet, such a pause, besides being inconvenient to the magi, also tends to have the spectator look away at about the time that something is happening (for both the magi and the spec). Would that create a sense in the spectators mind that he know's he was distracted, and something may have happened when he wasn't looking?

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
rizyanrizy
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of rizyanrizy
Mine is classic TT switch Smile
Russell Scoggin
View Profile
Loyal user
Lubbock, Texas
257 Posts

Profile of Russell Scoggin
I think the Spritz Switch by Lonnie Chevrie is great. It's an idea from the Juan Pablo's Hundred Dollar Bill Switch. I have both DVDs and with all the bill switch's I have or know, I think Lonnie Chevrie's version is the best. I don't know who all has the DVD, but I know Hocus-Pocus carries it.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
735 Posts

Profile of dduane
Hey Russell,
I'm a big fan of Juan Pablo. I use his Hundred Dollr Bill Switch in several applications. I watched the trailer for the Spritz Switch, and it looks the same. Can you tell me what's different?... without tipping the method of course.

Thanks,
Duane
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
Check out POCKET POWER thru the Café search. The first item shows a web site where you can view a no gimmick bill switch. I have the video but had not looked at it for years. It was made in Norway and features a magician named Jarle Leirpoll. It also shows an e-mail address of: leirpoll@online.no (have no idea what that will get you).The beuty of his billswitch is how he shows both sides of the bills and how he ditches after the switch.
Russell Scoggin
View Profile
Loyal user
Lubbock, Texas
257 Posts

Profile of Russell Scoggin
Well Dduane, really the main difference is that in Lonnie's routine, he gives you a reason for doing the moves that you do in Juan Pablo's switch and also it makes it a little bit easier to perform. I wouldn't say that there are any extreme differences in the switch itself but in the routine.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3684 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
IMO Jay Sankey has the best TT bill switch. He teaches it really well.
RCHRISTIAN
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of RCHRISTIAN
Agreed. Sankey's bill switch is super clean, easy to do, virtually undetectable. Sankey very much.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5322 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2009-07-16 22:12, CAROLINI wrote:
Check out POCKET POWER thru the Café search. The first item shows a web site where you can view a no gimmick bill switch. I have the video but had not looked at it for years. It was made in Norway and features a magician named Jarle Leirpoll. It also shows an e-mail address of: leirpoll@online.no (have no idea what that will get you).The beuty of his billswitch is how he shows both sides of the bills and how he ditches after the switch.

Hi Carolini.

I have the Pocket Power ebook and video and to be honest I don’t see anything there that isn't covered by John Lovick's tipless switch in his book. Or in any published tipless switch, for that matter.

I only say that because while Pocket Power is certainly a decent enough ebook I wouldn’t want anyone to run out and get it based on what they think will be a unique bill switch. There's nothing new there that I see. Of course if I am missing something please yell!

Thanks!

Jim
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Lonnie Chevrie's bill switch is so incredibly visual plus no gaffed bill, just the 2 real bills you want to use, like the $1.00 and the $100.00, it's all in the folds...beautiful work...
Bill
SPONGE KONG
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of SPONGE KONG
I've been looking for Visi-bill by Richard Sanders for ages but no one stocks it anymore? Can anyone tell me where It is in stock. Everyone seems to really like this effect so I find it strange they don't sell the DVD anymore. The Bill change still rates at the top of my fav lists and would love to get hold of this version.
If anyone has a copy they want to sell I can Paypal you.
Geoff Pfeiffer
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
82 Posts

Profile of Geoff Pfeiffer
In the book "A Classic Magic of Larry Jennings" there a nice bill switch on page 216. The bill never seems to leave the spectators line of sight. I used this switch for a bill to lemon bill switch over Christmas.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
735 Posts

Profile of dduane
FYI - Penguin Magic sells Visi-Bill.
SPONGE KONG
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of SPONGE KONG
Out of stock I'm afraid,it looks like Visi-bill is discontinued in most shops!
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
251 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
Hi folks
Enjoy my bill switch without TT http://arthur.tivoli.free.fr/
Regards
Arthur
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
251 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
It was done a long time ago... Smile
If you have any questions be free to ask me at ativoli@yahoo.fr
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
malamoney
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of malamoney
I learned Mike Kozlowski's bill switch about 20 years ago and have stuck with it. But I am interested in exploring some modern handlings and some non-TT versions...
Ramin
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Ramin
Glenn West's Mobius Switch is a thing of beauty.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Best Bill Switch (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.49 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL