The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Photographic Memory - by Christian Knudsen & Card-shark (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I prefer doing it the way Saysold suggests, and actually the instructions tell it this way.
During the video shoot we were pretty limited as I picked two of the few native english speakers as audience as this was filmed during the Nordisch Nobel Convention in Germany. With a larger audience I would prefer that spec1 does not see the card spread and that spec2 does not see the card selection.

And I love to do a sloppy overhand shuffle before I spread the deck for spec2.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
theinternetguru
View Profile
Elite user
I hacked the Café but I still only have
426 Posts

Profile of theinternetguru
I think the Ultimate Brainwave is a stronger effect using the same underlying "technology." I plan to order that... after I receive my long awaited Science Friction pre-order! (Though I did get notice it was shipped. Probably being hand carried out here to the west coast.)

Michael
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Science Friction HAS to be shipped Priority Ground, unfortunately.

Chinese Proverb
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2011-10-22 09:51, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-10-22 07:42, pegasus wrote:
Saysold, did you watch a different demo than me? I think you better watch it again.

I watched it again. Both spectators saw the initial card selection which was held up for all to see clearly.

Yes apologies. Watched it on my cell phone, small screen. I just assumed that the performer would not have let spec 2 peek the card.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Just bought this and performed it tonight twice for family... absolutely FANTASTIC effect.

This is almost self working - and a great presentation. So clean too - a full spread of 52 faces (well 51 really but still...).

Five stars!!! I can't wait to do this all next week.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Demo looks great.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Given the number of great reviews and went ahead and ordered today. Looking forward to it.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Christian or Christian (should I say Christian squared?)... Smile

When performing this and asking the 2nd spectator to name a card between 1 and 52 using their Photographic memory... what happens if they somehow call out the #52 - which would create a small issue for those that own this might understand.

I'm assuming that the best way to handle this is to somehow try to limit the choices between 1 and 51, and if they were to somehow name the 52nd car then the magician could simply say that 52 would be somehow too easy... as that would mean the very end (last) card. Just curious as to how you recommend handling please?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Off the top of my head, if someone were to say 52, I would go based on the spec's assumption of 52 cards in the deck, an just 'cut' off all the cards above the bottom one and say, "No need to count when you say 52, here's the 52nd card", or cut off small piles in bunches until you get to the last card (to 'save time'), which the specs will assume is the 52nd and last card.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I myself would not limit the choice.

I think the gag about the free round of beer for every card off while gesturing with the deck in biddle grip style so that the spectator can peek the bottom card and joking that you want to help him would work great.

Never had the situation though.

Chinese Proverb
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2011-10-31 16:06, saysold1 wrote:
Christian or Christian (should I say Christian squared?)... Smile

When performing this and asking the 2nd spectator to name a card between 1 and 52 using their Photographic memory... what happens if they somehow call out the #52 - which would create a small issue for those that own this might understand.

I'm assuming that the best way to handle this is to somehow try to limit the choices between 1 and 51, and if they were to somehow name the 52nd car then the magician could simply say that 52 wod be somehow too easy... as that would mean the very end (last) card. Just curious as to how you recommend handling please?

I have it on order (so I don't have it yet) but if you ask to choose between 1 and 52, and they say 52---that is not between
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Or place it on top of the deck.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Btw, I also ask the spectator, after he names me the position, if he is meaning the position from the face-up or face-down deck. I still deal from the backs, so I would then do the maths with him. In your particular case (52) and from the face it would even be cool because it would be the top card that could be dealt face down, the deck is spread face-up and then the single card turned over to show that he was correct.

Chinese Proverb
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-11-01 04:27, Card-Shark wrote:
Btw, I also ask the spectator, after he names me the position, if he is meaning the position from the face-up or face-down deck. I still deal from the backs, so I would then do the maths with him. In your particular case (52) and from the face it would even be cool because it would be the top card that could be dealt face down, the deck is spread face-up and then the single card turned over to show that he was correct.

Now THAT is a cool idea - really like that a lot Christian. Nice subtlety there. Going to try it.

Dealing face up does take away a little element of surprise as to whether its the right card. I can understand how to accomplish it and still end up with the f**** card no matter what.

I like your idea as it takes away any limitations and makes the choices seem extra fair (dealing face up or face down).

I did Photographic memory quite a few times yesterday at Children's Hospital for some teens - great reactions.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
But Christian - why do the "maths" and add complexity? With your idea if the ask for "face up" then why not turn the deck around and lay cards off face up...and peeling one away before you hit the F card? Then spread... Fair as can be but obviously it does take away the some surprise. Thoughts?
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
A super mirage äh.. I mean miracle Smile
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
The reason for keeping the deck facedown and dealing face up is the same why I prefer an Invisible Deck over a Brainwave Deck:

I want to leave the chosen card face down as long as possible. For me, the chosen card has to be the last card that is turned over. This will intensify the magical experience for the spectator, as "his magic experience" is happening in his brain, while searching for the card. Just imagine his inner monologue while you are dealing:

"hm, all these cards are not my selected card. It is impossible to be at the 20th position.... 17, 18, 19... Uh, what if?!... 21, 22... I can't see my card. This is impossible... The face down card MUST be mine. IMPOSSIBLE."

When you finally turn over the card, the magic already happened the seconds before in his brain. All you are doing is proving that it WAS magic.

David Williamson taught me this thinking, and he is absolutely right.
So when you use a Brainwave Deck, the spectator's selection is seen immediately, the "brain magic" is missing, the only climax you now have left over is the different colored back.

Chinese Proverb
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I'm now combining this beautifully with Matthew Sconce's "Note" and it is just killing...excellent!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......art=90#3

I agree with you Christian about keeping the cards face down when counting them out...and the effect being FAR more magic that way - thanks for getting me back on track lol.
The Great Dave
View Profile
Loyal user
My Wife said "It's Me or that Stupid Magic Website!" this many times.
202 Posts

Profile of The Great Dave
What a beautiful deck of cards. They work so easy.

My highest recommendation ...

Best,
Dave
Academy of Magical Arts

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! Whoops, wrong hat ...
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Every week someone and his mother bring out another versions of ACAAN

however this is the BEST

If you know the workmanship that goes into Get Sharky this is the same high quality product
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Photographic Memory - by Christian Knudsen & Card-shark (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL