The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Mogar's Fantasy Knives - Visual Change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MrClue
View Profile
New user
Germany
31 Posts

Profile of MrClue
Hi everybody,

Right now I am practicing on Mogar's Fantasy Knives routine and encountered the part with the Visual Change (employing the VC knife). I have worked on it for sometime now, but the suggested move still feels awkward Smile

So, I wonder if any of you could give me a hint on how to handle that one.
I realized that, that move should be rehearsed very well as a really VISUAL change will definitely stun the audience.

Thx in advance for any comments.

Magical greetings,
MrClue
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
I don't have the Mogar routine but here's how I handle the "visual" knife

Mine is white on one side and mostly blue on the other.

The knife is held between the first finger and the thumb with the 3/4 blue side up. The knife rests on the fingers with the white bit at the first finger end and hidden under the thumb. The remainder of the knife rests on the second, third and fourth fingers.

Do a turnover to show solid blue on both sides and return to the original position.

SLOWLY slide your thumb down the length of the knife so that one third appears white, one third is hidden under the thumb and one third of the blue remains visible.

Do another turnover as you show the "other" side of the knife. It should seem that both sides are white at one end and blue at the other.

Now as you slowly return to the original position slide your thumb down the length of the knife WITHOUT doing the move. As the all white side comes into view your thumb shoud be covering the end that "use to be" blue. In a continuing motion slide the thumb off of the end exposing the change.

Hope this helps
cheaptrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Wilmington, Delaware
251 Posts

Profile of cheaptrick
I don't do Morgar's Knives... yet.

I met him the other day at our magic club, and he really made a believer out of me.

It's a beautiful effect, and was done by the master, himself, and I GOTTA get me one.

You might email him for help.

magicstars@usa.com

Smile
"Pick any card. NOT that one!!!"
R.E. Byrnes
View Profile
Inner circle
1206 Posts

Profile of R.E. Byrnes
Here's how Juan Tamariz uses the visible change knife, which creates the impression of a visible change happening simultaneously in the spectator' hand: put red/red (I.e. Any ungimmicked one-color knife) I spectator's hand, along with white/red visible change knife, white side up. Purport to extract the red knife but take the v/c knife, showing the two-color side. Implore the spectator to squeeze hard after confirming spectator has the white knife. Begin doing the visible change, red to white, begin extracting spectator's knife - slowly to match the pace of e visible change. Complete both moves. Obviously you can
Show two colors during the change with the spectator's knife; but the memory is of both ch
Antes being visible. And you're clean with the spectator, with ample opportunity to switch out the v/c knife for either a regular white/white or a knife for a different color change
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Mogar's Fantasy Knives - Visual Change (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL