We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Terror Works (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2011-10-09 13:44, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Woland (and Pakar) you are conflating two completely separate issues.

There are wicked people in this world doing wicked things. NOBODY DENIES THAT.

It is pure bigotry to blame all people of the same faith (or ethnicity or colour etc.) for these wicked acts.

John

Etnicity. Yes.

Colour. Yes.

These should never be used to discriminate or judge people by.

Faith?

Imho, that really depends on what is being advocated in that faith. Especially when it comes to "advocated violence". (You are given a path to "Heaven" doing those.)

I for one would rather have love and peace.

But for some "love and peace" only comes with submitting to their unproven belief/faith (because some guy came out of a cave sayin' "God has spoken me...").

That is the problem for me, someone believing God advocating violence for His pleasure... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I know.

What I just said is besides the original thread's issue.

For that, I am sorry... But I come from the "inside" of this issue and I see things brewing that most of you don't. Smile
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Thank you, Pakar Ilusi. Be careful and stay well! As they say, "keep five yards . . ."
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Thanks for the concern Woland. Smile
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2011-10-11 04:14, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
I know.

For that, I am sorry... But I come from the "inside" of this issue and I see things brewing that most of you don't. Smile

In a sense you are right; but in another you are very much outside. Indonesia is very different from North America. The character names are similar, but the situation--legally, culturally and historically is quite different.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Whose side is the State Department on?

Quote:
An official from the U.S. State Department has called the Charlotte family of al-Qaida propagandist Samir Khan to offer the government's condolences on his death in a U.S. drone attack last week in Yemen, according to a family spokesman.

"They were very apologetic (for not calling the family sooner) and offered condolences," Jibril Hough said about the Thursday call from the State Department to Khan's father, Zafar.

The phone call came a day after the family released a statement through Hough that condemned the "assassination" of their 25-year-old son - a U.S. citizen - and said they were "appalled" that they had not heard from the U.S. government to discuss their son's remains or answer questions about why Khan was not afforded due process.

On Friday, State Department spokesman Harry Edwards confirmed to the Observer that the call had been made, but said "privacy issues" kept him from offering details.

Hough said the Thursday conversation lasted a few minutes.

"It wasn't just 'I'm sorry' and hang-up," said Hough, who added that the phone call included no discussion of the status or condition of Khan's remains.

Khan was killed along with cleric Anwar al-Awlaki.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Did Jesus eat pork?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Of course not, tommy. But did Jesus ever incite his disciples or other followers to prevent Romans or Greeks from eating pork?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Is it not terror tactics to tell someome they will burn in hell for eternity if they don't follow you?

I don't know, isn't there something about what you should and should not eat in the book?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Did Jesus ever tell anyone they would burn in hell for eternity if they didn't follow Him? I don't remember reading that in the Gospels.

The Bible certainly records Divine instructions regarding what was proper for the Jews to eat. Those instructions don't apply to other people. Jesus preached to Jewish people, and if I understand the Sermon on the Mount, He expected them to follow every jot and tittle of the Divine instructions. But I don't think He ever told Greeks or Romans or other people that they had to follow those instructions. In fact, Saint Paul, if I am not mistaken, said that none of those specific instructions applied to Christian believers, anyway, even if they had been Jews.

And no, I don't think it is "terror tactics" to tell people they will burn in hell or to tell them anything at all. It is terror tactics to murder people in order to frighten them into doing what you want them to do.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Oh I see so his teachings were for Jews only. I thought he told them to spread the word to everyone. What about The Inquisition can you explain that to me.

Tommy
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I didn't realize Jesus was around during the inquisition.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
I thought that he was always around.

So what was he during the inquisition, a triangle?

:)

Tommy
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Well, tommy, that raises an interesting theological or philosophical question, if the Deity is indeed omnipotent and omniscient, why doesn't the world seem more benevolent? But that's beyond our scope.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2011-10-11 09:02, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
I know.

In a sense you are right; but in another you are very much outside. Indonesia is very different from North America. The character names are similar, but the situation--legally, culturally and historically is quite different.

John

I am NOT from Indonesia anyway... Smile
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-10-13 04:12, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
I know.

John

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications....../my.html

BTW, cool flag bro!
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Yes, it is cool flag right? Smile
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2011-10-13 04:12, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
I know.

John

My mistake. You are from Malaysia and I mistyped. My apologies. Indonesia came to mind because of its more obvious Islamic governance.

Malaysia is an interesting country which, so far as I can tell, has institutionalized freedom of religion, while maintaining Islam as a state religion.

My bad. You can call me American or something equally insulting to even things out.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Actually, Magnus, I think Malaysia is a much more Islamic and Islamist country than Indonesia . . . although Indonesia is the most populous Muslim country in the world. But I would leave that to Pakar Ilusi to explain.

And since you live in North America, Magnus, you are an American already. Whether your comment indicates that you deserve the label or not, I shall leave to others, perhaps more charitable, to judge.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Magnus Eisengrim, WHILE WE MAY DISAGREE ON SOME ISSUES, I think of you as a friend... Smile

It's a mistake that I understand.

And you should be proud to be American. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Terror Works (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL