The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Terror Works (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Terror works. They are winning. They are succeeding in their explicit pr...... States:

Quote:
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A decision by Ohio officials to remove all pork products from prison menus in response to a lawsuit by Muslim inmates is not sitting well with the state's pork producers and processors.

That's right. All pork products removed from all menus in all prisons.

Quote:
If Ohio would provide Muslim inmates with pre-packaged meals similar to those given to Jewish inmates, as the lawsuit requests, it wouldn't be necessary to remove pork from menus, said David Singleton, executive director of the Ohio Justice and Policy Center, which is suing on behalf of the two inmates.

Assistant prisons director Steven Huffman has spoken with Isler, but the system isn't changing its mind, spokeswoman JoEllen Smith said Wednesday.

She said she couldn't comment on the lawsuit specifically, but said removing pork assures that inmates' religious practices aren't jeopardized by pork coming into contact with other food during preparation.

Ohio joins California, Florida, Maryland and Massachusetts among states that don't serve pork in prisons. Massachusetts stopped serving pork more than a decade ago to satisfy religious preferences, said prisons spokeswoman Diane Wiffin.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I find it extremely insensitive to all the vegans in prison that ANY meat is severed within prisons! (And I'm expecting their lawsuit sometime in the near future although I don't expect a favorable ruling unless they happen to be Muslim Vegans.)
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
"[T]he inmates' lawsuit doesn't involve pork at all; it demands that non-pork meats like beef come from animals slaughtered according to Islamic law. But the prisons system responded by simply removing pork as an option altogether."

"If Ohio would provide Muslim inmates with pre-packaged meals similar to those given to Jewish inmates, as the lawsuit requests, it wouldn't be necessary to remove pork from menus, said David Singleton, executive director of the Ohio Justice and Policy Center, which is suing on behalf of the two inmates."

So, really, it is the bureaucrats who should get the blame. Or Republican Governor Kasich. I guess the buck stops at his desk, after all.

I suppose to be fair, he should take away the pre-packaged meals being served to the Jewish inmates as mentioned in the excerpt above while he is at it.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Yes, balducci, that is exactly right. Spineless bureaucrats motivated by fear of terror. They never thought they had to provide Kosher food to every inmate, they just thought they should follow the Shariah as closely and as cheaply as they could. (I would agree that "cheaply" was probably very important.)

I doubt that the State will do much to accommodate vegans. They haven't carried out more than 17,000 deadly terror attacks since 2001 . . .
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
If Ohio would provide Muslim inmates with pre-packaged meals similar to those given to Jewish inmates, as the lawsuit requests, it wouldn't be necessary to remove pork from menus, said David Singleton, executive director of the Ohio Justice and Policy Center, which is suing on behalf of the two inmates.

This isn't the terrorists winning. This is Ohio pouring salt in the punch bowl and handing the empty container to the Muslims. Same sort of thing that one high school did when they cancelled a prom after being told they couldn't bar a gay student from attending it with her date.

"You want to be treated equal? Fine, we'll just take it away entirely and you'll get the blame." Very easy to do when your target is a disliked minority.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Next the prison will have to be shut down and remodeled, so that no toilets are facing mecca, because that is againest muslim sensabilities.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Oh, so THAT'S what Al-Qaeda wants! I had no idea that they were trying to change prison menus in Ohio. It all makes sense now.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Magnus, make light of it all you want, but you of all people should be aware that the jihadi extremists explicitly agitate for the imposition of Shariah law all over the world, and the replacement of all other governments by a Caliphate. Shariah law is totalitarian, and ideally governs all aspects of private and public life, including prison menus in Ohio. They are serious about their aims, and willing to kill anyone who stands in their way.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-10-05 18:14, Woland wrote:
Magnus, make light of it all you want, but you of all people should be aware that the jihadi extremists explicitly agitate for the imposition of Shariah law all over the world, and the replacement of all other governments by a Caliphate. Shariah law is totalitarian, and ideally governs all aspects of private and public life, including prison menus in Ohio. They are serious about their aims, and willing to kill anyone who stands in their way.

That's just stuff the government makes up so they can pay people to fondle you at airports.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:

Come on. Even Chris Christie thinks the whole anti-"Sharia Law" is crap.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
HerbLarry
View Profile
Special user
Poof!
731 Posts

Profile of HerbLarry
This isn't political or religious.
You know why don't act naive.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2011-10-05 18:18, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:

That's just stuff the government makes up so they can pay people to fondle you at airports.

:rotf: !!
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:

"Hello! I am just listening to this record with my wife and our au-pair and I’d like to say how shocked we are that a pleasant collection of Norwegian folk songs should be turned into an excuse for communist propaganda of the shoddiest kind. What’s gone wrong with the world? I can’t even take a bath without 6 or 7 communists jumping in with me. They’re in my shirt cupboard and Brezhnev and Kosygin are in the kitchen now eating my wife’s jam. Oh, they are cutting off my legs! I can see them peeping out of my wife’s blouse! Why doesn’t Mr. Maudling do something about it before it is to late? Ohhhh….God…"

Another Monty Python Record
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-10-05 21:02, Payne wrote:
Quote:

"Hello! I am just listening to this record with my wife and our au-pair and I’d like to say how shocked we are that a pleasant collection of Norwegian folk songs should be turned into an excuse for communist propaganda of the shoddiest kind. What’s gone wrong with the world? I can’t even take a bath without 6 or 7 communists jumping in with me. They’re in my shirt cupboard and Brezhnev and Kosygin are in the kitchen now eating my wife’s jam. Oh, they are cutting off my legs! I can see them peeping out of my wife’s blouse! Why doesn’t Mr. Maudling do something about it before it is to late? Ohhhh….God…"

Another Monty Python Record

Those bits about being afraid of Communism are hilarious. Though they don't sell too well in Cambodia.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:

I agree.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16264 Posts

Profile of tommy
Quote:
On 2011-10-05 19:51, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-10-05 18:18, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:

:rotf: !!

Many a true word is spoken in jest
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Thank you, Pakar Ilusi.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16264 Posts

Profile of tommy
Occupy Prison!
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2011-10-07 05:38, Woland wrote:
Thank you, Pakar Ilusi.

You are welcome, Woland.

It lurks the danger but many choose not to see. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
The fact that it has become illegal in many or most European countries to criticize Islam or the Prophet Muhummad PBUH in any way (while the abuse of Christianity in any way is considered artistic, philosophic, and sporting) shows that the fear of terror has brought about a gradual and piecemeal imposition of Shariah law. This is the camel's nose under the tent, as they say.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Terror Works (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL