The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » One-Visual 1 coin routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I always thought 'underground magicians' performed in the subway or something. Smile
No other profession that I know of refers to their colleagues as 'underground'.
And if they do its probably because its illegal.

I think the correct term is 'undiscovered'.
MS
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of MS
Chad Sanborn, undiscovered isn't the term , at least in my case because I never wanted to be discovered. I worked 12 years as a magician without having any magic friend, just some books and my own effects. If you want to read the term "underground" in other profession... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underground_music
Support my work , thanks .
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Quote:
On 2011-10-08 07:57, MS wrote:
Slyhand, I was in the underground because never before I shared with magicians. I learn the help of some books and DVDs and start to develop my own work without being in a society.
Magic-Daniel, I have experience in magic, so I don't get your comment.
KyleMacNeill, thanks for your words but why do you said that the routine isn't well structured ? No unnecessary movements of the coin as many of the one coin routines out there that looks like juggling more than magic.
Jamie Ferguson, thanks a lot. I will offer as well more hard-hitting very visual routines in the future.

In the explanation video download (available soon by lybrary.com) I teach another ideas that I don't show in the video.

I said that because other people had said that, so I thought it may've been - structurally I know nothing about coin magic!
What I was trying to say was as a coin laymen, it looked great Smile

Kyle
MS
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of MS
KyleMacNeill, even if you don't know nothing about coin magic, you can see that economy of motions allows the spectator to enjoy the magic and not confusing juggling. Thanks for your words.
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Meir Yedid Called Sol Stone an underground figure, in Sol's video Quick & Casual Close-up; To me it sounded as an underground magician. Sol Stone is well known around the world yet he was considered an underground magician, my guess is that he was not always on the spotlight,and all those big conventions going on around the globe, etc.

I think it is a common word among Artists who prefer to stay a bit away from the spotlight.I consider myself an underground magician as well.

I found this:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=27

Peace Out There

Mano* T

P.S.
MS, Nice routine,very well done.
MS
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of MS
Mano, your words mean really a lot to me. I follow your work since a long time and you are one of the most incredible coin workers, and you are truly as well and underground star.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Very nice indeed. I love this type of magic, easy on the eye for a spectator to watch and extremely magical looking. Sometimes coin magic can look too confusing, and some one coin routines have far too many phases for a spectator to take in, this was just about right!

Thanks for sharing.

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
MS
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of MS
Gjmagic, thanks a lot . I know that you perform coin magic and your work is great.
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Very nice indeed. I love this type of magic, easy on the eye for a spectator to watch and extremely magical looking. Sometimes coin magic can look too confusing, and some one coin routines have far too many phases for a spectator to take in, this was just about right!

Well said Gary, I could not agree more.

MS, I humbly appreciate your post.

Be well and keep up the good work.

Mano* T

Peace Out There
rickhypno
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of rickhypno
New news about the release of your work MS ?
MS
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of MS
Rickhypno, I don't have a exact date, but soon. Thanks.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2989 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
This looks good. I'm always a sucker for one coin routines - the plot is so pure. Not sure what, if anything, is original about this one, but it looks good. And like MS said, it doesn't go on too long. One thing I like about it is that the coin is never absent for long. I've never liked those one coin routines where you're dealing with an "invisible" coin for a large part of the routine. It's too easy to lose the thread of what's supposed to be happening when the coin is "invisible." Plus, there's nothing impressive about those routines unless you know that the magician is skillfully hiding a coin. And you're not supposed to know that, are you?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2011-10-09 22:17, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Plus, there's nothing impressive about those routines unless you know that the magician is skillfully hiding a coin. And you're not supposed to know that, are you?

Isn't that true, just the other day I was with a magician who did some amazing 'hand washing' over and over, it looked like he had some sort of illness Smile. Keep it sweet, keep it simple!!

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
This to me is a "dumb" down version of Eric Jones work even the pocket ditch at the end.... I find it funny how easily it is to claim something is your work these days....
MS
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of MS
Thanks for your support MaxfieldsMagic and gjmagic.
MichalMystic, I don't get your comment.
MS
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of MS
My "One" routine is available. You will learn several ideas for your own coin repertoire:
http://www.lybrary.com/visual-coin-routine-p-121906.html
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
There is nothing "new" in this.

What is it that you're selling?
MS
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of MS
MovieMan, Im selling my pet one coin routine. Don´t attack me with that argument of "there is nothing new". Of course that there is nothing new anywhere. All is based in something. My routine is a quick and fluid effect that resets instantly, very useful for real workers. In the explanation portion I give tips about retention vanish, another end for the routine and much more.
Garrett
View Profile
Loyal user
Missouri
258 Posts

Profile of Garrett
Quote:
On 2011-10-10 23:28, MS wrote:
MovieMan, Im selling my pet one coin routine. Don´t attack me with that argument of "there is nothing new". Of course that there is nothing new anywhere. All is based in something. My routine is a quick and fluid effect that resets instantly, very useful for real workers. In the explanation portion I give tips about retention vanish, another end for the routine and much more.

6 minutes seems like an awfully short time to be teaching "tips about retention vanish, another end for the routine and much more" . . .
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Quote:
On 2011-10-10 23:28, MS wrote:

Sorry--I didn't mean to attack you, although I admit my post may have read that way. To be honest, I don't see anything very original there, but yes, it is nicely performed, and it flows well. I am sure many performers will find it a worthwhile purchase, especially since you are including additional tips and suggestions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » One-Visual 1 coin routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL