We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Midnight Side of the Mind-Paul Voodini (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
This work is far beyond mere tricks and MSOTM is a very inspirational tome which has got my head buzzing with ideas.
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Fans of the great Mr Voodini would be pleased to hear there is an excellent interview coming up with the man himself in a future Mystic Menagerie.
Wolfmindreader
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Wolfmindreader
(Hi guys, I'm from Belgium, English is not my native language, so please do not shoot me if I make a typo or say veeeeeery strange things Smile )

So,
There is magic,
There is mentalism,
There is bizarre magick,

And then there is...Midnight side of the mind...
I do not think that calling this mentalism or bizarre does the work justice. This is better than that!

Paul just takes your mind, tears it open and shows you a very unique way of thinking.

We all know those ebooks that promise us they will "change the world of mentalism forever" and "show us something that has never been shown before", "it doesn't get any closer to real mind reading than this"...
You then buy the document and the first page says;
"take a deck of cards, take out all the clubs, put some double sided tape on the card box, tie an IT to the queen of hearts, do 4,5 faro shuffles and a butterfly cut, take your Svengali deck, memorise both decks and borrow your neighbours cat (if they do not have a cat, just go to the next routine...the one with the flipper coin which ultimately changes into a (forced) cat; Use that cat for this routine; "any cat at any number")

Mr. Voodini DOES change the world of mentalism!!!
I love all of his ebooks and Midnight side of the mind is just the best work I have ever read.

Guys...do you realise that you could change your whole business when you know, study, practise, and perform the principle?
I always record voice memo's when I'm reading a book or watching a DVD. Just to make sure I do not forget any ideas that pop into my mind whilst reading the book.

I have read Midnight side of the mind last night...and I have recorded two hours (2 frckn hours!!) of voice memo's...
The ideas just kept coming..

Paul teaches you how to perform a number of demonstrations which all use the same principle.
But he also gives you the opportunity to visit this new world and create your own work. This principle is not a one trick pony...
It is a different way of thinking, an eye-opener, a mind opener...

THIS could be a 14th step...And maybe the last step...The ultimate step.
It is the ebook you'd love to read on your ipad, 3 am, cat on your lap, no music or background noise; just you and Paul...

Forget about the faroflippercat Smile
Pauls work (and not only this document) has influenced my approach to mentalism forever.

If you are a serious performer who is not afraid of discovering a new world whilst sitting on a bench in a park, just by opening a new door...This is your ebook Smile

Grts,

Roel Beckers
Wolfmindreader
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Wolfmindreader
My god..I think my head just exploded...
Shell + little brass bell + Midnight side of the mind = WHOALALALAAA
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Thanks for the kind words Roel! It's great to hear people getting so much inspiration from "Midnight!. Happy days.
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
RobChapman
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of RobChapman
With any new release the real test is when you actually take it out into the real world. I have over the years bought many effects, books etc. And although there have been some great pieces, I have never truly been satisfied with what I have bought or what I paid for it. Then I receive Midnight Side of the Mind. Just reading the book sent chills of excitement and inspiration through me, and when it came to the first time performing one of the routines, well what can I say. Truly beautiful, truly magic. I have never felt such a thrill and delight as I did on Halloween night as I watched the unfolding of the Clairvoyants Kiss, the energy that is put out into a room from this work is awesome. And it is with the use of that energy, holding it, shaping it and directing it that real magic is created. The potential and direction that this book points you in is both amazing and a little bit scary. The limit is your bravery and your imagination, the possibilities, well....

Indeed some just will not get it, and that can only be a good thing. But for those that do, the world of magic has just become an exceedingly exciting place.

Walk with Wonder

Rob
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Like you, Rob, I road-tested Kiss of the Clairvoyant at Halloween and it was a powerful experience for me and the spectators. This is such satisfying work - it is as close to real magic as we tricksters can aspire to.
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Thanks again for the messages and stories - much appreciated and great to see people getting amazing results!

A free PDF update for owners of Midnight Side of the Mind will be released early next week. It will feature some new ideas and some background info about remote viewing and astral projection. I'll post up a new thread when it's available.

Tony - sorry we didn't get chance to chat so much at Tab. Hope you got home safely.
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
923 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Hi All,

After spending the last 2 days reading Paul's ebook all I can do is echo what others have said, You have within the pages a complete show without any prop requirements this ensures that the performer works on his presentation skills which are paramount to the success of the information contained within.

To be honest nothing I read was new or groundbreaking for me personally being I have been trained in Hypnotherapy and other skills used by Paul within the book, Paul's relaxation routine could be classed as a d***en*r within the realms of hypnosis/hypnotherapy and I did find this a really good way to put this over to the volunteer.

Cost was comparable to other books which could be used to run an evening of the bizarre which is where the real money and reputations are made.

Thank you Paul.

Warmest Regards
Dr Rob.
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
It's a wondeful piece of work which those who are tuned into it will find to be one of the most useful things they have ever bought.
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Europe
613 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
This is without doubt, one of the most important mentalism books written in the last few years.

Inside, you will find the blueprint to being a richer and more credible performer and elevate your work into the 'miracle' class.

The ideas and thoughts in the book do require a degree of performance ability to be able elicit the maximum impact from the routines, but the book is about more than that. It is about moving the emphasis of the effect into the mind of the participants and wringing every last drop out of their 'experience'.

From speaking with Paul about the material, there are so many directions to go with these kind of ideas that the idea of having to rely on using 'props' becomes absurd, as nothing will hit as hard as this if it is framed correctly.

This will be the spark that ignites a completely new wave psychologically compelling mentalism.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3225 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
This is in my whish list! Paul is a brilliant thinker and I know this is gold!
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Thanks for the kind words guys. Just wanted to let you know that I will be running a one day seminar/workshop on the Midnight Side of the Mind in London on March 2nd. This is in association with Psycrets, but membership is not a prerequisite. Owners of the book also get a discount.

Tickets and details: http://www.psycrets.org.uk/html/psycrets_events.html - scroll down a bit to see the cool poster!

Midnight Side of the Mind - http://www.readerofminds.co.uk
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I know this is an older thread, but I just picked up volume one and had my first read through...completely agree with everything said so far, I am an avid fan of Paul's work, but this goes above and beyond...

-Jakob
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Glad you liked it Jakob! Smile
www.readerofminds.co.uk
JJJustice
View Profile
New user
Enterprise, AL
43 Posts

Profile of JJJustice
We all know those ebooks that promise us they will "change the world of mentalism forever" and "show us something that has never been shown before", "it doesn't get any closer to real mind reading than this"...
You then buy the document and the first page says;
"take a deck of cards, take out all the clubs, put some double sided tape on the card box, tie an IT to the queen of hearts, do 4,5 faro shuffles and a butterfly cut, take your Svengali deck, memorise both decks and borrow your neighbours cat (if they do not have a cat, just go to the next routine...the one with the flipper coin which ultimately changes into a (forced) cat; Use that cat for this routine; "any cat at any number")

That's the funniest post I think I've ever read!
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
I totally agree to all said above. Reading this book changed my style of presenting magic.
Most of my own work and presentations have their roots in this book.
100% recommended!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Midnight Side of the Mind-Paul Voodini (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL