The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » "Twas The Illusion They Loved by Andrew Murray (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
Hi everyone

I am delighted to announce the launch of my new e-book titled "Twas The Illusion They Loved"

Following on from my last e-book, 'Dare To Be Remarkable' this new e-book contains 6 routines + one utility item from my working repertoire.

Here are the contents:

TRIFORM
The instant transformation of three playing cards

THE APOCALYPSE
An incredible, repeatable revelation of a chosen card from any shuffled deck

CAPTURED
A chosen card is trapped by two Jokers in increasingly impossible circumstances

SWAY
An incredible prediction of three imaginary coins

BLUFF
A thought of card visibly vanishes from the deck and appears in the spectators hand

QUICKSTEP
A chosen card is found between the Jokers. Instantaneously, its mates appear

GAMBLER’S COLD CUT
A new table-top multiple false cut

Pricing information is as follows: £10/$15

If you are paying in US$, please click here to order: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cm......QDBM6SDY
If you are paying in £sterling, please click here to order: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cm......X9W4U9TN

All orders will be fulfilled within the next 24 hours. As with my previous releases, I will be sending a special bonus routine entitled "A New Impossible Location" to everyone that orders.

Thanks everyone!

Andrew Murray
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DON'T WAIT FOR INSPIRATION is my brand new e-book with 10 new routines.

APTITUDE is my first PLATINUM e-book with 10 new routines + 'SIGNS' bonus.

PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP is available here.

DNA
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Hello all,

I was lucky enough to receive a review copy, but this doesn't affect my review in anyway.

There are 7 pieces of material overall - 1 false cut, 5 card tricks and one coin trick.
All are near - impromptu or impromptu, and are all very clean and simple in effect.

1.TRIFORM - "The instant transformation of three chosen playing cards"
This is one of my favourite effects from the Ebook because it is easy to do, visual and VERY commercial!
Here is what happens:
You openly place the Ace of Spades on top of the deck, and the King of Hearts second from top.
Any card is selected and placed in the middle of the pack.
You then give the Ace to one spectator, the King to another and a random indifferent card (which is seen to not be a selection or king or ace, just a random card) is placed face up on top. With a wave of the hand this random card visually turns into the King of Hearts.
The King of Hearts that was in the spectator's hand is now seen to be the Ace, and the original Ace is turned over to find... the selection!

Mark: 10/10

2.THE APOCALYPSE
This is a clever trick that is very simple in effect. A deck is shuffled by the spectator and is given to the magician.
Almost instantly the magician names a random card, spells its name and the last card spelt is the named card!
Can be done with FASIDU. I like this because it is very clever, however it is not really my kind of effect.
Possibly one of my least favourites, but it is still very good.

Mark: 7.5/10

3.CAPTURED
A sandwich trick with three explosive phases, the last one with the sandwich packet appearing inside your wallet!
Not one of my favourites because there area few tricky - ish moves, but it is so commercial and has a great ending.

Mark: 8/10

4.SWAY
I don't do coin tricks, but this looks great and looks like it is very well thought out.
Although I can't give it a mark because I don't do coin magic, it looks very intresting.

Mark: N/A

5.BLUFF
I LOVE this, and created a nice little variation that suits me.
In essence, a freely named card is shown to be pushed into the pack, but an indifferent card put in the spectator's hand previously is now seen to be the selection!

Mark: 9/10

6.QUICKSTEP
A BRILLIANT sandwich routine.
The first sandwich bit is SO CLEAN - the deck is spread showing two face up red Kings (for example) and you close the spread. You then re - spread the deck and a card appears in between - the selection! To end, the Kings catch the three mates!
I really like this!

Mark: 9/10.

7.GAMBLER'S COLD CUT
Although an interesting idea, I think it over - complicates Vernon's brilliant 'Cold Deck Cut'.
An interesting variation though.

Mark: 6/10.

OVERALL MARK:
9/10 - for £10 you can NOT go wrong.
This is because you get 7 very commercial and brilliant effects that you WILL use!

Great work Andrew!

Highly Recommended.

Best,

Kyle
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Yes, I liked this ebook as well.

Kyle, you don't have to worry about the coins in Sway because the coins are imaginary! Smile It's a prediction effect which uses no coins and no sleight of hand. Nice one, too. One of my favorites of the book. Andrew mentions needing a certain wallet for this. But you can do it without the special wallet. I'm going to use my regular wallet for this.

The material ranges from pretty easy to intermediate but nothing too knuckle busting. Some of my faves are Triform, Captured, Quickstep, and Sway. I thought the cold cut was great, too. Very convincing false cut.

If you are a card guy who works for real people you'll definitely find something of interest in this ebook.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Quote:
On 2011-10-14 19:58, Cameron Francis wrote:
Yes, I liked this ebook as well.

Kyle, you don't have to worry about the coins in Sway because the coins are imaginary! Smile It's a prediction effect which uses no coins and no sleight of hand. Nice one, too. One of my favorites of the book. Andrew mentions needing a certain wallet for this. But you can do it without the special wallet. I'm going to use my regular wallet for this.

The material ranges from pretty easy to intermediate but nothing too knuckle busting. Some of my faves are Triform, Captured, Quickstep, and Sway. I thought the cold cut was great, too. Very convincing false cut.

If you are a card guy who works for real people you'll definitely find something of interest in this ebook.

Oh woops! Smile

The material is indeed great.
Funnily enough my fave is probably Bluff! Smile
I also love Triform, Quickstep and ... all of them Smile

Kyle
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
Kyle and Cameron,

Thanks for your comments/reviews. I'm happy you both enjoyed the material!

Cameron, you're right - no need for a special wallet in 'SWAY', but for explanation purposes, it's exactly what I use.

Thanks to those of you who have already ordered this from me... for those of you still thinking about it, go on, you know you want to... Smile

Andrew
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DNA
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Andrew, I'm always looking for tricks I can keep in my wallet. Sway fits the bill nicely!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
Cameron - pleased to hear it. It's always good to have something so strong ready to go at any time!

Enjoy!
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DNA
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
I would like to make three copies of this e-book ('Twas The Illusion They Loved) available for review.

Please email me if you're interested at the email address below (rather than making a request on here directly).

Thanks

Andrew
thegreatmurrari@btinternet.com
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DNA
Raj Madhok
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, MN
15 Posts

Profile of Raj Madhok
Firstly, Andrew Murray is a friend but more importantly an exceedingly capable and clever magician (being a past winner of the Magic Circle's close up magician of the year). That said I'm happy to recommend his latest ebook to those interested in commercial, powerful, strolling card magic - and one great mentalism trick with coins. The effects are as described in the posts above and are taught with great clarity. I would say that intermediate to advanced card skills are necessary for several tricks but I found it easy to substitute sleights within my skill set for much of the material. You can tell Andrew uses these in his professional work as they are well thought out and described including additional useful notes and alternatives for each trick. I appreciated the credits and bibliography included. (My favorites? "Bluff" and "Sway". I've said too much.)
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
Thanks Raj for your comments.

I knew "Sway" would be right up your street!!
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DNA
Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
162 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
Hi All,I was fortunate enough to receive Andrew Murray's new e-book, T'was THe Illusion They Loved. I think there are some great routines in here and the particular focus is on commercial material for the strolling performer. it is obvious that these are pieces out of a worker's own repertoire. Just to highlight a few pieces that I especially liked...Triform is a triple change card routine that is visual and very magical. I am workingon changing the storyline a little bit andif you get the book and think Blackjack Hand, you can play with it too.
Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
162 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
Ooops, pushed the wrong button. Here is the continuation of my comments...

Captured is a great multi-phase sandwich routine with a fantastic finish that I think will find its way into the set ist of many workers.

Sway is not a coin routine, it is a mental rotuine that plays strong. Andrew credits Roger Curzon with an underlying principle, but it is also similar to a Deddy Corbuzier idea. Don't know who's it really is, but it is used to great effect in this routine. It is going right into my strolling set.

Quickstep is a very cool sandwich type effect with some great throwoffs. Very good when you have a table that you can spread a pack on.

The bonus routine, Subterfuge, is a terrific impossible location effect that will "fool the wise ones". As opposed to most of these types of effects, this one is pretty quick, requires no setup, no memorization of stacks and tough moves are minimal. I like it.

A job well done Mr. Murray!

Marc DeSouza
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » "Twas The Illusion They Loved by Andrew Murray (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL