The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Phuzed By David Loosley (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9168 Posts

Profile of pegasus
My order's in.
Roland Choo
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
226 Posts

Profile of Roland Choo
Hi! Anybody has it already? I can't wait for the review! I'm considering between this with FourFit by Reuben Moreland. Which is easier to handle? Thanks!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9168 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I pre-ordered and have not received anything yet.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1946 Posts

Profile of Daren
I received this earlier, very very nice!!! very clean restorations, will take a little knack/practice to get smooth, but very easy to perform and a joy to watch yourself practising this in front of the mirror!! I have one question though, so if David or Peter see this can you pm me
Roland Choo
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
226 Posts

Profile of Roland Choo
Thanks, Daren. Does it come with the gimmick? Is it able to be signed by spectator? Is it able to hand to spectator for examination?

Waiting for more reviews desperately.

Thanks, everybody. All of you are so kind.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2242 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Daren,

Hope you're all sorted now..

Peter
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1946 Posts

Profile of Daren
Card is not able to be signed but you can also do this with a scratch card which I think I am leaning towards this presentational idea, once fully restored can be immediately handed out for examination, very easy to do, have been practising this for a couple of hours and more or less ready for a performance live!

As I said this is very easy to do which in my mind when under scrutinising pressure from the spectators is a god send

very highly recommended from alakazam

yes peter all sorted now mate, cheers!
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2242 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Glad you're enjoying it Darren.

FYI I have been getting the card selected and saying" I want to give you this it as a souvenir but I want to do something with it you will remember for the rest of your life" . So I sign it across the top before I tear.

Regards

Peter
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
968 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
I pre ordered this one some weeks ago and had great expectations...
I have to say I am genuinely dissapointed given the pedigree and reputation
of Alakazam. I believe this is not really that practicle in a real live work environment.
To have to have the parts of the restored card tucked underneath your belt is
just not realisitic. The card cannot be signed beforehand by the spectator and all I can say is
that it just doesn't work for me. I'm glad its a goer for others but overall I found it dissapointing.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
Dave Loosley
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Dave Loosley
Quote:
On 2011-11-12 17:22, TheGreatRaymondo wrote:
of Alakazam. I believe this is not really that practicle in a real live work environment.
just not realisitic. The is one of my favouritecard cannot be signed beforehand by the spectator and all I can say is
that it just doesn't work for me. I'm glad its a goer for others but overall I found it dissapointing.

Hello Great Raymondo
firstly thank you for purchasing Phuzed.
the torn and restored card effect is one of my favourite tricks in magic and I know there have been many put on the market.Phuzed was a routine I devised a few years ago with the intension of making it how a torn and restored should look (clean restorations)and give reasoning and meaning to the effect. most of the great tnr's that were out at the time did use an extra something and as you know phuzed is no different in that respect but the gimmicks you do recieve take up no more pocket space than any of the other routines, the storage for the gimmicks are just two of my prefered methods and I would be happy to share with you a couple more if you pm me.the trailer for the effect was not a prepaired audience and the reaction were genuine, this is an effect that I use in my working set and always goes down a storm.As 9 times out of 10 I am entertaining at weddings or corperate events I use the inside jacket storage method.i have had a lot of fun with phuzed and sorry that this is not a winner for you but thank you again for your interest in the trick and if you have any questions you would like to ask me about phuzed please feel free to personal message me.
kind regards.
Dave Loosley
Dave Loosley
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Dave Loosley
Quote:
On 2011-11-12 17:22, TheGreatRaymondo wrote:
just not realisitic. The card cannot be signed beforehand by the spectator and all I can say is

Hello Great Raymondo
the torn and restored card effect is one of my favourite tricks in magic and I know there have been many put on the market.Phuzed was a routine I devised a few years ago with the intension of making it how a torn and restored should look (clean restorations)and give reasoning and meaning to the effect. most of the great tnr's that were out at the time did use an extra something and as you know phuzed is no different in that respect but the gimmicks you do recieve take up no more pocket space than any of the other routines, the storage for the gimmicks are just two of my prefered methods and I would be happy to share with you a couple more if you pm me.the trailer for the effect was not a prepaired audience and the reaction were genuine, this is an effect that I use in my working set and always goes down a storm.As 9 times out of 10 I am entertaining at weddings or corperate events I use the inside jacket storage method.i have had a lot of fun with phuzed and sorry that this is not a winner for you but thank you again for your interest in the trick and if you have any questions you would like to ask me about phuzed please feel free to personal message me.
kind regards.
Dave Loosley
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
968 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
[/quote]
Hello Great Raymondo
kind regards.
Dave Loosley
[/quote]
David, Genuine thanks for taking the time and trouble to respond so quickly and also to be so helpful - very much appreciated. It is rare to get such direct help and support from the actual creator of an effect.
Best regards
Ray
PS. I still use and perform your 'Squash' effect! ;-)
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
Deano88
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincolnshire UK
377 Posts

Profile of Deano88
Does anyone that has this like to give a review as iam interested in how practical this is and how it compares to others I recently watched Star by David Forest which looks great but not something I would personally feel comfortable doing close up

Thanks

Dean
boinko
View Profile
Elite user
Illinois
414 Posts

Profile of boinko
Just got this. Will review soon!
Nat
View Profile
Special user
501 Posts

Profile of Nat
Please let me know what you think of Phuzed...I have an issue with arthritis in my hands, comes and goes. Thanks. Nat

Quote:
On 2011-11-23 15:09, boinko wrote:
Just got this. Will review soon!
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
The reaction and look on the girl's face starting at 1:14 is priceless Smile
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
Martin Waring
View Profile
Loyal user
York, England
245 Posts

Profile of Martin Waring
I have this and whilst I've yet to test it in the real world it played well to my usual test audience - chez nous.

I have another alternative for the 'below the belt' setup or using up inside jacket pocket space issue which I agree could be an obstacle to its use. I had a bit of a papercrane moment and crafted myself a holder out of 4 pieces of reasonably stiff card (from the packaging for a SAN disk as it happens). The pieces I have cut are about one inch wide and are of varying lengths lined up at one end and stuck together at that lined up end with glue and a rubber band. This gives me 3 places into which to slot and hold the relevant parts in the correct sequence and orientation. Its all very 'Heath Robinson' and doesn't look pretty but that's not the point. It works equally well in a right hand outside jacket pocket or right hand front jeans or trouser pocket. (In a jeans pocket you can drop the bits you discard in the little coins pocket insert).
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
I did a gig with Iain Moran just before Christmas and Iain did this quite a few times at the tables, and it looked amazing! This is really clever and some great thinking has gone into this effect, this is probably one of the easiest methods out there as the g#####ks do most of the work!

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1237 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
I'm very interested in this effect. Just been to Blackpool, but didn't see it demoed. This thread kind of died? Why? Did anybody test this out in real performance situations? How was the reactions, and how is it compared to all the other "Normal" T&R routines.

Pros and cons, please.

Jan
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3965 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have Phuzed and TnR by Matthieu Bich. I definitively like TnR better. It take a bit more prep each time, but it is VERY powerful. One big difference: TnR can be used to restore a signed card!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Phuzed By David Loosley (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL