We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Halloween (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Profile of Dickens & Dave
So is anyone doing anything vent for Halloween?

I've never been able to give out candy on Halloween because shortly after my kids got too old for trick-or-treating, I started working graveshifts and was always sleeping in the evening before going to work. This year I will probably be able to do it.
So I'm thinking I'm going to set out on the bench with one of my figures so they he can chat with the kids.
No, he's not going to be made up to look like some evil dummy, I don't want to scare the little ones, it's already a gamble since some can be afraid of any hard figure.
I plan to use this one - he's pretty non-creepy looking, and he's my cheapest figure so I won't have to worry about him;

I was going to put this mask on him, so when I lifted it up, people could see there was a dummy under the dummy mask, but I decided against that. Then I thought I'd wear it. I could have him say he had me wear it so everyone knows who the real dummy is, etc., and it would help me hide any "slips of the lips" since it's been about a year since I've been able to do anything even close to even occasional practice. But I worry if the mask might be too scary for the little ones;

I haven't decided on that, so opinions are surely welcome.

Somewhere along the way, I had another idea to get a little advertising in as well if I were ready to "set up shop", so to speak, in reference to doing shows here;
Off to the side, I could have a little table with business cards and small flyers, something for parents to pick up and look at and take while the kids were getting their treats.
Or a little more aggressive version, putting the candy in halloween bags with a card and maybe even a small flyer in the bag with the candy.
Not that it's an idea that would probably get hundreds of bookings, but in advertising, we all know the key is to get it out there whenever and wherever you can.
http://dickensndave.bravehost.com/index.html

"Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest."
Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Steve at The Dummy Shoppe
Dave,

If you had a separate candy box available, you could take your card (hole punch one corner) run some crepe ribbon through the hole and tie the other end of the ribbon around a candy bar. This way you could use "potential client profiling" by only giving out your card (and the best candy) to those you think would be the best prospects for business without being as concerned that your card would be littering the streets of the neighborhood.

Maybe you could dress your figure up like a "musketeer" and give away 3 musketeer bars or some such idea.

Steve

http://www.thedummyshoppe.com
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Profile of Dickens & Dave
The littering thing is why I think either having the stuff on a separate table would be the best, only those who are interested enough might take them and take them home (before they throw them away), or actually in a halloween baggie with the candy - they're too busy trick-or-treating to open the bags then, if they're going to grab something out of their bag to eat on the way, it will be something not in a baggie, so chances are the cards wouldn't even get seen until they got home.
http://dickensndave.bravehost.com/index.html

"Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Halloween (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL