The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BOXFILP by David Forrest (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Brehaut, I have already told you my point. I have already addressed buying on reputation..I do not know how else to explain it to you except perhaps sign language. For that you will need a video demo.
This is my 17th year on being a member of the cafe.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2011-10-13 17:04, Glenn Watson wrote:
Brehaut, I have already told you my point. I have already addressed buying on reputation..I do not know how else to explain it to you except perhaps sign language. For that you will need a video demo.

Nothing to explain Glenn. You want a demo. I understand. If that's important to you fine. However, I get tired of people moaning and groaning that the performer HAS to put up a demo. No they don't. They have the right to do what they want and so do you.
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
I never said I had to have a demo. I said if you are going to put up a demo put up a demo.

The email was sent to me by full 52, I did not send for it.Why was it sent? They want to sell me something.you say they can do whatever they want. Point taken but I thought what they wanted was to make a sale.I believe doing a demo half way is not a way to accomplish that.Again Either do a demo or don't .Why bother to do something badly
/
I have bought many things with out a demo,Based on reviews we have none at this point.I believe buying on reputation is flawed.For example bill gates and vista.Smart man,great reputation bad operating system.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2378 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
When is the DVD coming out?
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
I believe it is a download.Click on the demonstrosity link in the first link to find out.
Demonstrosity= all the calories none of the taste.
Yes, they did a demo it is just useless.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2011-10-13 14:26, Glenn Watson wrote:
Why didn't he show the effect? He talked about it , showed parts of it but did not do the effect from start to finish. Not a way to make a sale to me.

This looks like you are saying you need to have a demo to make a sale to you.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1202 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On 2011-10-13 14:26, Glenn Watson wrote:
Why didn't he show the effect? He talked about it , showed parts of it but did not do the effect from start to finish. Not a way to make a sale to me.

I hope there are more like you who will not buy it.
The less the better (sorry Dave Smile )
I have downloaded it and I am MORE than happy....

Those who trust Dave Forrest will (again) not be dissapointed.
I will make a prediction too. This thread will be a long one, once some more people have downloaded the trick.
It is that good.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
I just watched a Coca Cola advert and guess what?

No one burped!

And, no one had rotten teeth either....strange!

Liam, has 'Perky' not landed on your windowsill yet? With a little memory stick round her neck? She'll be right with you mate...

Dave.

P.S. Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXgWWUsmbbg

I dare say it's a darn sight more interesting than reading all Glenn's BS! But then, that's just my opinion I suppose... Smile
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6961 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Glenn, the reason Dave made a video is to show parts of the effect. You HAVE to make videos nowadays to sell stuff. It's what the market demands. You do not have to show the whole effect from beginning to end, though.

I know this effect well. Dave showed it to me. It's a great effect. It's exactly what he says it is in the video. No moves. Just some clever gimmckery. But if he did an unedited demo which could be viewed multiple times, some people might work out the secret and perform it without purchasing it. Sucks, I know but this is what it has come to, I'm afraid. I like putting up full demos of my effects but sometimes don't want to, especially when I'm at a convention and someone tells me that they learned one of my tricks, which they actually perform, btw, by watching the demo over and over again. Nice. And the sad part is, they don't realize that it's wrong.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1670 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I love Daves work and it's pretty much always solid. The whole demo debate has gone on for years but those who complain that a demo is artsy or cuts out some of the effect or sometimes, is just a teaser need to look at other industries as well. Films, they don't show the whole plot line in the trailer, just a general outline of the plot. The subplots- extra characters act arnt always outlines. Sometimes its so they show the best parts, draw you in and then at least they have your money. Equally, they have teaser trailers to bulk up hype. A product commercial in-between shows on TV works in the same way. They will only briefly outline what the product does, and sometimes never show you what the product out come is. Its how products are marketed and will always be the same. Magic a demo artsy, cutting sections out and making teasers are part of marketing. Like them or loath them, they are an essential part of marketing in any industry. END MY RAMBLING! Smile

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Waterloophai. Inever said I would not buy it . I said I would not buy it based on the ad. The endorsements from Jamie and Cameron mean a lot.as I said"If it cannot be shown for the reason stated, Put out a "print" ad with endorsements from well known people and call it a day. "

""I am not commenting on the inventor or the trick but the video'
Dave ,I have a right to express my opinion. My opinion was only on this style of advertising . I did not attack the trick or you. I am not even familiar with you. Jamie and Cameron thank you for your posts.I respect your reviews.
Dave Yours was a knee jerk reaction. I will ignore it. Your trick may be fantastic I cannot tell from the ad.If you find my views have no merit at least I am not alone in them. I feel the video was useless to me.
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Quote:
On 2011-10-13 19:14, Dave Forrest wrote:

I dare say it's a darn sight more interesting than reading all Glenn's BULLSH1T! But then, that's just my opinion I suppose... Smile

A potential customer dares to criticize how you are advertising your tricks (with valid criticisms, IMO), and this is how you respond?

Very disappointing. And extremely unprofessional.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Oh christ - I've started a flame war!

Do what you want with your £8.50....

Hesus Christi...
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
I only wonder what you'd all be talking about if it weren't for my new thing...

I for one am p1ssing my knickers!

Dave.
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Quote:
On 2011-10-13 21:17, Dave Forrest wrote:

Dave.

Nice to see how highly you think of yourself.

It's not a flame war.

I'll only be taking my magic spending money elsewhere.

I know you won't miss it.
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
I understand Daves frustration Smile After putting in a lot of hard work bringing a product to Market. I've never been disappointed with Daves products, he's a top bloke also !!
As far as the demo I understand people's frustrastion with the way demos are filmed & have every right to pass comment on how they perceived it, but when we buy magic it should be bassed on your own judgement as you will be performing it Smile
Cameron hit the nail on the head with his post.

For £8:50 it's not much to pay for an effect, we've all spent a lot more money on effects/downloads/DVDs & got a lot less than we expected for it Smile

I will be downloading this as I like it & will post back my opions on the effect Smile

Best Wishes

Mark Southworth
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
I think it was a very nice wall. For the life of me I can't figure out how they blended the stone into brick like that.

Is that on the DVD? Stonemason bonus maybe?
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
682 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
These demo/no demo debates are so tedious!

I purchased this because I've always enjoyed Dave's magic and always find value in his releases. Unlike Sankey, Dave's quality control is very high and I can't ever remember being disappointed with a Full52 release.

This is very clever thinking and I'm very happy with my purchase!

Highly recommended!

Iain.
Rabid
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Rabid
Couldn't agree more Iain.

This place never fails to entertain me with all the bashing and moaning about absolutely everything and, in most cases..nothing.

As for the artistic side of magic videos that so many find tedious and annoying and "Oh, why can't they just have a couple people in a quite room showing off the effect etc?" That kinda' thing always makes me laugh. Wy people aren't allowed to take pride in their work is beyond me. If someone wants to make a video interesting, so what?

Ah, whatever. Work to do.

Steph
Deadsets
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Deadsets
Quote:
On 2011-10-13 21:17, Dave Forrest wrote:

Dave.

haha, far out you guys are a bunch of whingers, seriously get over it. You whinge if the trailer doesn't show enough, you whinge if someone puts in on youtube...whinge whinge whinge.

Why not just wait for a review, ask some question and then make a decission.

Dave don't worry about them, oh that's right you aren't. Good on you I say.

DS
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BOXFILP by David Forrest (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL