The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magnetic Morgans (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Hey Coin Mafia!

Shawn Farquhar mentions the existence of rather inexpensive magnetic Morgans on his Matrix Xpress DVD. Might one of you of the Honorable Society enlighten me as to where I might nick - I mean - buy a few of these?

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5474 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
The PK coins listed in the above links are attracted to magnet but they are not magnetic coins.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5474 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I believe that they are what Shawn refers to, but I'll be with him tomorrow evening and I'll ask him about it.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Magiguy thanks man! I really love Matrix Xpress and while the poker chips are cool I want to do the routine with the Morgans. Also, I want to develop a routine using the Morgans in conjunction with Steve Shufton's Portal.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I do believe that Joe Mogar has some, Vlad. Go to http://joemogar.com/ and right near the top of the Coin Page he has Magical Morgan Dollars, which are not real Morgans and are ferromagnetic, meaning they are attracted to magnets - which definitely should work with MatriXpress, as the magnet gimmick should do the work. Joe Mogar also has real magnetic Morgans - super strong ones - but they are also expensive! (BTW, the first ones mentioned are only $10 each!)

Jim
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5474 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Hi Vlad,
Yup... this is, indeed, what Shawn was referring to. Either that or the poker chips.
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Hi Vlad,

Just dropped in to say the ones that Joe and Craig are selling are perfect. Hank Moorehouse used to sell them too.
I have tried to source a producer who can make them for a better price, but $10 a coin is really reasonable.
Glad you are having fun with MatriXpress..

-shawn
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
All,

Thanks so very much!!

@Shawn: You have created a simply beautiful routine. I have a short sleeve method worked out. It IS a bit angly but in the right conditions and a little modified handling it is working.

(Jim I will get back you man).

@Magiguy: I picked up some more poker chips actually from WizardCraft. Thanks for the link!

I had mentioned that I am working on a routine combining Portal with MatriXpress. Once I have it written up, I would be honored if Shawn would look at it and if he allows, perhaps I will post a protected video of it for registered owners of BOTH effects. Shawn and Steve Shufton have each created effects that I firmly believe contain far more possibilities even on their own. However, Portal as a LEAD IN to MatriXpress seems like a natural to me. We'll see. Smile

Thanks again to all for your help!

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
I wonder if anybody has used magnetic shims (sold by PK Magic in the above link) on an expanded coin shell and if it works right.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magnetic Morgans (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL