The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cinch the crazy visual new bill switch from Shaun Robison and Paper Crane (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Thoughts?
http://papercranemagic.com/cinch.htm

Cinch is a bill change that lives up to its name. Not only is Cinch one of the most visual bill switches you will ever see but it’s also one of the easiest you will perform. The Cinch bill switch is clever and uses a non traditional gimmick that makes the effect a breeze to perform. Unlike other effects where a bill instantly changes, Cinch takes very little time to set up and perform. We include everything you need to perform and with the super simple set up you can perform this almost instantly out of the box. Also included on the Cinch DVD are variations on the basic effect and additional PDF's included to give some bonus ideas that will inspire even more creativity with this awesome gimmick. Creator and full time professional magician Shaun Robison teaches you in great detail on how to use Cinch to its fullest potential including the ultra easy way to hand everything out for examination.

Points To Remember:
CLEVER METHOD: GIMMICK DOES MOST OF THE WORK.
SUPER EASY SETUP: NOT A BIG ARTS AND CRAFT PROJECT
NO THREADS
NO THUMB TIP
EXAMINABLE
VISUAL
FUN TO PERFORM
P3
practice practice perform.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
It does look good.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Well, I am really big into all thing Bill Switches, so I will most likely get this.

Biggest problem here, looks like you aren't borrowing a bill. This is a big trade-off for this single bill tip switch.

He does offer some routines that look to be others, I hope there is crediting.

"Clever Method" Boy does that always scare me.

But if may work well for quick walk around, and I really like the slow printing bill, wonder if a template is provided. This would be a nice quick walk around piece at a restaurant, especially if the table doesn't any bills, this could be an alternative.

Let the Hype begin...
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
So apparently I'm the only one who can see "the gimmick" throughout this demo? IMHO looks way way way too obvious.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
It lives up to the HYPE but I think you can look at the history of Paper Crane and you will see that there are a lot of hits. My point is that when we say something is great its our honest opinion and not part of the great hype machine.

If you saw the gimmick don't worry spectators wont see it they don't have video of the effect.
P3
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
This looks really practical. We 'see' the gimmick because as magicians we expect it to be where we're looking, but it will be invisible in real performance (not video).
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Critical to my purchase: I'm wondering if I can use this to 'pay' my assistants. In other words, can I give the bill away, is it free of any gaffing at the end?
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Yes it can be immediately handed out it ends completely clean.
P3
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Mine! Order in.
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Shaun is a friend of mine and I was lucky enough to witness this before he even filmed it.
He has really put a lot of work into this switch and he does perform almost every night. cinch is a very nice switch that is visual and nice to see in person. my favorite version is where you have the paper and each time you fold the paper the more saturated the bill becomes. and in the trailer it doesn't do all the justice it deserves, but in real life this fries people. my Girlfriend , though knows some magic, is still very much a layman and she LOVED this little switch! so if you can get it do it, because it is very easy and super fun when you show your friends. and just let your imagination take over on this one, because there are tons of changes possible with this!! I'm gonna pick mine up as soon as I can!
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
Search for my products under "Christopher Wiehl"
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
And I'm not giving him the review because hes a friend either. if I had no idea who this was and I saw it in person at a show. I would be saying the same thing. it is a very nice method for the change.
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
Search for my products under "Christopher Wiehl"
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
This looks great to me! When is it available and is it just a DVD or a download too?

Iain.
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
I like the look of this too. If (as I suspect) you're able to hand out out the changed bill automatically after the change then this IS a clever method!

What is the reset like? Is it something that can be done while walking to the next group?

Hope this will be available as a download too.

I'm tired of pre-ordering products directly from the USA only to find that my local dealers (in the UK) have it in stock way before I receive it.

AP.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Looks pretty cool!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Quote:
On 2011-10-16 04:45, Adam Paul wrote:
What is the reset like? Is it something that can be done while walking to the next group?

Hope this will be available as a download too.

Thought Papercrane might have responded to this?

Hope they do make this a download though!

AP.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
I like the fade in version. Pretty Sweet!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
The fade version looks like Switch/Illegally Yours (Lovick/Wilson) taught on Joshua Jay's Talk About Tricks dvds.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
That fade in version is very magical and visual. I like it!

Reminds me of an effect with cards called "The New Limited Edition" which I purchased some time back.

This effect includes an actual "faded" card.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Quote:
On 2011-10-16 04:45, Adam Paul wrote:

AP.

Yes and no. Tho reset is very quick and easy, you might need a moment or two behind the palm plants to get it ready again. About 15 seconds, I'd say, but you are fiddling with paper, so if you can do that in your closeup case or fanny pack or whatever, the answer would be yes.

This one is a Player. I'll use it to pay my assistants, and this is so easy, so convenient to carry, I'll use it 2-3 times during the show...once the instant way, the second time, with the kids helping, the fade in way, and the last time end with the Kaps change, (a handful of bills at a time), when the kids do the magic. I can spread this trick throughout the show. Nothing gets those kids riled up like free money!

I especially like the fact that this can be kept folded and ready. Which means that you can rig up as many as you need for the gig with no need to reset...they'll all fit nice and compact with little pocket space used up.

I also appreciate the included PDF's that allow you to print your own fade-in and amount-change 'bills'. This triples Cinch's use for me, as each time you do it for the same audience, there's a bit of visual change to it.

This is some of the best loot I've spent this year. Very practical.
judgehiker
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of judgehiker
Is this any different than the two-dollar bill change?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cinch the crazy visual new bill switch from Shaun Robison and Paper Crane (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL