The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Happy Possum Day (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20522 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Boy! That's my day for doing "Doves to Possum"!

Bubba Whodini
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I submit to the jury:

and:

I just threw up in my mouth a little.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1627 Posts

Profile of randirain
But they sure are cute when their young.

Randi
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
And yet the image is from "fugly.com" Smile
~Will Rogers
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Why did the Possom try to cross the road?

To show the world it really could be done.

...Fail.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Just happened... not dead... playing possum... I brought the dog in so the possum can leave.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
Sharon Tate had the recurring role of Janet Trego, sometimes assistant to Miss Jane. Sharon and Max Baer dated once or twice while she was on the show.

In the entire history of Beverly Hills, there has never been a Possum Day Parade held in the morning.

-B.H.
Proud owner of nearly every broadcast episode, and can recite most of them by heart. Talked with Buddy on the phone once. Have a picture of my mom & dad with Donna when she came to visit. Talked with Earl on the phone a few times. Braggin' about all of it right here.

"That's the thing about possum inards, they's just as good the second day." (`course, it's agin the law to eat possum on Possum Day.)
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1627 Posts

Profile of randirain
"Jethro was the highest one in his class... by a good two feet."
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
Hehe, that boy sure can cipher.

"Oh I got joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart, down in my heart..."
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Those American possums look positively vicious - ours are quite cute in Australia - though they do give a good bite.

I must google Granny - I seem to remember she died while onstage in a play - and also that she was quite a looker in her younger days.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-10-23 03:53, Destiny wrote:
Those American possums look positively vicious - ours are quite cute in Australia - though they do give a good bite.

I was obsessed with the Tazmanian Devil for a while. And very interested in the Tazmanian Tiger. I remember watching the episode of 'Crocodile Hunter' where they were trying to find a Tazzie Tiger to see if they really were extinct. I was glued to the TV just hoping that they would find one.
I still love the Tazzie Devils.
~Will Rogers
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
We had some Tassie Devils in the wildlife park where I worked for a decade, but they were not in any shows so I never had anything to do with them and don't remember taking much notice of them.

As for Tassie Tigers, we have any number of people who when they're not busy watching for a flying saucer to land on their front lawn, or trying to prove some vaguely pyramidic hill was built by visiting Egyptians millenia ago, search the bush for animal droppings and paw prints to prove the tiger survives. I had great fun one night inventing Tassie Tiger sightings and marking them on Google Maps.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Well, I saw my first non-zoo possum about two months ago, sitting near a bush in front of the apartment building that is next door to me here in the urban wild of Brooklyn. Raccoons have hit here long ago, so I thought that's what it was at first, but when I saw the tail, I knew it was a possum. I looked for it the next day, but it was gone, probably scared away by the local cats.
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1379 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Quote:
On 2011-10-21 09:05, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Where in the Blackfeet Nation do you have possums? My geography and/or Siksika knowledge must be lacking.
John

John,
You are correct, Not a possum can be found on the Blackfeet rez. However, my mom's people are Choctaw and I grew up in Louisiana! I had the habit of finding baby possums with great regularity (much to the dismay of my mother). I still love the possum more than I can say.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Thanks Autumn. I knew there had to be a reasonable explanation.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Happy Possum Day (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL