The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Do you remember this ingenious illusion? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

med_doc7
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of med_doc7
I am hopeful that someone can help me recall the name of this close-up illusion.

It was sort of a close-up version of Houdini's water torture escape if you will. A green die was placed in a small crystal tube which was filled with water. The tube was placed on a small round pedestal covered with a gold plastic cover and also a black plastic top placed on top obviously. The die vanished from the water after the gold cover and black top were removed and the green die would appear somewhere else.

It was an amazing close-up miracle and I had it. I have not seen it in years; misplaced it after moving some time ago.

Does anyone recall the illusion, the actual name of it, the manufacturer? Would love to get my hands on one if at all possible but obviously this has been long discontinued. The gimmick is ingenious and it really is a beautiful piece of magic.

Thanks.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4854 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
I think Howie Schwartzman may have imported a trick like the one that you described. The principle of vanishing an object from the bottom of a water filled contained was also beautifully done by Richard Gerlitz with his "Lead to Gold" which is a collector's item.

Larry Smile
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
This is not really of much help I am sure, but there is currently an effect available with a picture of Houdini going into a clear container with water, where it has been shown to vanish. Later, it reappears. I cannot think of the name off-hand, but I know that Hank Lee carries it currently.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Do you remember this ingenious illusion? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL