The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » 260's aren't 60 inches (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
Hi Guys,
I've been buying my balloons form a very reputable dealer for a number of years now. I haven't done anything elaborate...just simple line work. Lately I have had an urge to work on some new items. I went out to Youtube and was nosing around and found a couple of things that I wanted to make. When I attempted the twists, I ran out of balloon. I thought maybe I inflated the balloon to much. No, the balloon is solkd by Qualetex as a 260Q but is only 40 something inches long. What gives?? Has anyone else run into this? I have over a thousand balloons that are not 60 inches long.
Lou
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
preston eakins
View Profile
Regular user
battle creek, michigan
184 Posts

Profile of preston eakins
Your right they are not 60 inches.
however it is hard to believe if you fully inflate them they are only 40 something inches. in my experience they are around 52 to 54 inches fully inflated.
to get you some extra inches stretch the balloon after you inflate it
you don't always know what brand the person on youtube is using
if they are using betallitex those I have found to be around 56 to 58 inches
also when following along on youtube or any dvd your 3 inch bubble may be different then the person on the screens 3 inch bubble
can't remember who but they said you needed a 9 inch bubble then proceded to measure with a hand and outstretched thumb now I may have small hands but no way does that equal a 9 inch bubble!!!
hope that helps
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
Hi Preston,
I know it's hard to believe, but they are coming at around 42 to 27 inches fully inflated. I got a bag of Qualatex froma buddy and they are at the same length.
Lou
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
preston eakins
View Profile
Regular user
battle creek, michigan
184 Posts

I never said it was impossible lol
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5699 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I just took a 260 and measured it. After inflation it was 52" and after stretching it, it was hair a hair shy of 60".
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Just for sh**s And Giggles I took a Qualatex 260 and Inflated it fully, It was 57 Inches Long and I was able to stretch it to 61 Inches
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
I got 63 inches with a pink one
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
There are so many gags you guys are missing!
preston eakins
View Profile
Regular user
battle creek, michigan
184 Posts

I am not missing any gags but I didn't decide not to go there lol
bstokes
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of bstokes
If you get anything close to 60 inches, are you still getting 2 inches in diamater? 260 is supposed to mean 2 inches in diamater and 60 inches long when fully inflated. I suspect you would half to choose between length and width (also avoiding the obvious adolesant gags).
bstokes
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of bstokes
If you get anything close to 60 inches, are you still getting 2 inches in diamater? 260 is supposed to mean 2 inches in diamater and 60 inches long when fully inflated. I suspect you would half to choose between length and width (also avoiding the obvious adolesant gags).
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
451 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
I don't like to have to stretch them so much that it makes them thinner and/or easier to pop. Qualatex never seem to be as long as B's.
preston eakins
View Profile
Regular user
battle creek, michigan
184 Posts

No arguemnet that b's are longer then q's but I will stick to q's anyway
in my opinion it seems you have to stretch b's before inflation even with a pump and they are as stiff as q's pearl/metallic
but that is me use whatever you like or are comfortable with
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » 260's aren't 60 inches (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL