The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Rabbit Wringer Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
788 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
I have a Flash Appearance Box with a m----r. Is there a "Wringer" type of an attachment that is sold separately to put in front to make a Wringer Vanish?
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You would have to know the manufacturer of your Flash Appearance and contact them if they make a wringer box trick.

One size does not fit all magic boxes, each manufacturer puts his own touches to what they make. Sizes vary as well, type of wood, etc.

To answer your question, I doubt that you could get such a thing, nice idea though, 2 tricks in one.
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Hi Rev,

I agree with your thinking. There is a big difference between disappearance and then appearance vs. appearance and then disappearance when it comes to rabbits.

Seems like the best idea would be appearance and disappearance to end clean, but this seems hard to accomplish with one box.

I like the slate method for appearance, at least there is some plot there. The wringer is great for disappearance... but this takes 2 boxes
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
788 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
I want to introduce my rabbit,make him vanish in a "Wringer" and "re-inflate"(produce) him at the end of the show with another production prop. I am NOT trying to do it all with a Flash Appearance box. It's just that I am trying to save money and take advantage of the m----r in the Flash Appearance box by adding a wringer to the front of it and turn it into a vanish.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
Full Effect Steve
View Profile
New user
NJ
82 Posts

Profile of Full Effect Steve
I have both the Flash appearance and the Rabbit Wringer from Daytonna Magic. They are different dimensions and the gimmick m----r for the wringer does not move. I guess if you were really handy it could be possible to change the workings of the Flash Appearance but it might be more work than it's worth.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
You would need to modify the box so that you could place the rabbit in without tripping the gimmick, as would normally happen for the appearance, assuming yours to trip by opening the top door (some do, some don't). I suspect a simple locking pin on the side would suffice to keep the gimmick in place.

If the front of your box has a cage front that opens, you might be able to make or have made the wringer mechanics so they would fit into the same space. It may also be possible to interchange the fronts through the use of pin hinges. As long as the hinges on both the cage front and the wringer front aligned with the other half of the hinges that are attached to the box, this should work. Strong magnets is another choice.

If the front of yours doesn't open, then you'd have to do a complete organ transplant.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
788 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
Okay, I surrender. Too much hassle. I will look for a used Wringer Vanish that will accomodate a spring rabbit.Then fix him with my Test Tube Bunny. Off I go to the "Lets make a Deal " section.
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
>> I want to introduce my rabbit,make him vanish in a "Wringer" and "re-inflate"(produce)

I basically do just that,

I introduce my rabbit using a standard m**** box,
Then I wring him out....
I give the kids a line about "oh you wanted to put him"

I just put the flat rabbit back into the front - just toss it in an in one move put the front of the wringer back on
doing it fast you do not flash the m****

Then open the top, make a face, using a balloon pump against the side of the wringer,
look in again, pump it up a bit more,
the take the rabbit out from the top.

There you have it, appear, vanish (flatten) the reappear, with a bit of comedy
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

Were magic is just too funny....
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2011-10-17 17:36, REV BILL wrote:
I want to introduce my rabbit,make him vanish in a "Wringer" and "re-inflate"(produce) him at the end of the show with another production prop. I am NOT trying to do it all with a Flash Appearance box. It's just that I am trying to save money and take advantage of the m----r in the Flash Appearance box by adding a wringer to the front of it and turn it into a vanish.

I used a Daytona Rabbit Wringer just that way, except I did the wringing and restoration in the same routine - I work solo. I pumped up the inside of the box, using a air pump and restored the rabbit. I'd be willing to part with the box, since I no longer use it - PM if interested.
Higgenbottom
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Higgenbottom
Isn't the wringer part of the wringer almost the same as the money printers?
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2011-10-20 20:01, Higgenbottom wrote:

Yes.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Higgenbottom
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Higgenbottom
In that case, I shouldn't think it would be very difficult to make one to fit; or, lacking all carpentry skills, to have a carpenter make one. But perhaps it should go on the side or back of the m.b.
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Easier to just buy one Smile
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2011-10-20 22:21, Michael Baker wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-10-20 20:01, Higgenbottom wrote:

Yes.

It depends on who manufactured it. The Daytona Wringer just has a set of sponge-coated rollers. I had to rework them, although I bought it new, in order to get the rollers to turn. There were paint drips on the outside, although those weren't visible from a few feet away. Other than that, the workmanship was good.
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
I made my own rabbit wringer/flip over vanish years ago and I still use it today. I have learned to always bring the bunny back or smaller kids will think you've harmed poor mr bunny wabbit.
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
788 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
I agree with Tommy. We don't want to end the show as a villain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Rabbit Wringer Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL