The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "More Headroom" Review Copies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Hey, guys! I will be releasing "More Headroom: Seven Self Working Mental Magic Miracles" in a couple of days. First five people to PM me will get a review copy. (BTW, I'm still putting some finishing touches on it so it will not be emailed until later this evening).
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Maynard
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Maynard
PM sent, thanks Cameron.
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
PM Sent!
magic.mind
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of magic.mind
PM Sent!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Pm sent in secret
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Okay, they are all spoken for! Thanks, guys!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Darn, too late.... Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2011-10-17 15:41, Nicolino wrote:
Darn, too late.... Smile

did you just wake up Nicolino? Smile

John
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Being in Germany: yes, kind of!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

I've gotten some questions about the content. Four card tricks. Three non-card effects (business cards, coins, envelopes, receipts).

None of the card effects are completely impromptu. All use normal cards (no gaffs). One is a "trick" deck made up of totally normal cards.

Hope that helps.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Out now. Reviews should be up soon.
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
From a quick read so far, I really like it! Smile

Thoughts coming soon!

Kyle
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
More Headroom contains seven more commercial, high octane mental magic effects using
playing cards, business cards, bills, coins, envelopes, Sharpies and discount cards! There's a little something for everyone in this collection of extremely commercial material.

Here's what you'll find between the pages of More Headroom

RED LIGHT - An ungaffed version of Cameron's bestselling effect Red Hot Prediction!

OUTLESS - Four Sevens are shown. The spectator names one. You prove you predicted it. Clean and simple.

CHANGE IT UP - A freely chosen number matches the amount of change in your pocket.

MAGICIAN'S HOLD 'EM - A very easy to do and effective prediction of two hands of Hold 'Em.

HUMMING WORDS - A fantastic word divination (and a great way to hand out some business cards!).

D.M.C.A.N. -- An easy and totally mystifying card at number prediction. Definitely a worker!

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW? -- A receipt prediction with a kicker ending.

More Headroom is a 25 page, photo illustrated PDF. Also available in booklet form.

Mini Review:I liked the orignal Headroom and although this is a very quick follow up release, it rocks!

Red Light-
A blue backed deck is spread face up showing all different cards in mixed order (no stack or duplicates). Two spectators each freely select cards from
the face up spread. These two cards are left face up on the table. Their totals are used to find another card, say the Eight of Diamonds. When the two
originally selected cards are turned face down, they are both red backed. One
has an Eight drawn on its back. The other has a diamond drawn on its back.
A simple set up and you are set with this It plays big. If you have seen or know Cameron's Red Hot Prediction,you will enjoy this self worker without gaffs.

Outless-
Four Sevens are shown. The spectator names one. You prove you predicted it. Clean and simple.
If you line the B wave type effects but with a new twist then this is for you. it only uses any 4 of a kind and one other item that everyone carries evryday of their lives. A quick hit type of effect.

CHANGE IT UP - A freely chosen number matches the amount of change in your pocket.
This uses business cards and pocket change. I really like this effect as it requires no set up and no pocket space as the coins are already in your pocket anyway.This is one of my favorites of the bunch. It also puts your business cards into play which is always nice although cards ar not even required. It does give the effect a more polished look though. This is fun to perform, very easy and the outcome seems impossible, an exact change type effect but no props or gimmicks needed, only change in your pocket.

MAGICIAN'S HOLD 'EM - A very easy to do and effective prediction of two hands of Hold 'Em.
This is topical with all the televised hole em games going on plus all the house games, it will be nice to do this as everyone is familiar with this game. However this is magicians hold em which is a bit different. This effect has a surprise ending that those familiar with the game will see coming.

HUMMING WORDS - A fantastic word divination and a great way to hand out some business cards.
This is based on a classic principle and works smoothly in this efect.Grab 12 of your business cards and you will soon be prepared for this. This is a simple word divination plus the spectator gets to handle and mix the cards.

D.M.C.A.N. -- An easy and totally mystifying card at number prediction. Definitely a worker.
Oh this is sweet. Your card at any number folks out there are going ot like this gem. It has a different feel, a different approach as a prediction is involved.Plus this effect allows the spectator to be involved with a piece of the method. Very slick way to use a known principle for a surprising outcome in this type of routine. Another one of my favorites.

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW? -- A receipt prediction with a kicker ending.
A nice ending effect to this release. All you need are a few receipts from any store, some pocket change and some pay envelopes. This effect starts off with a laugh, a gag but becomes an amazing prediction when its over, short and sweet.

Well here you have it, a brief write up of my basic thoughts on this latest release. I didn't want to spoil anything or tip any handlings so had to word things like I did, short and to the point. However like most of Cameron's releases, the effects in this booklet are sure to find a place in magicians hearts, things they will use in the right setting.For hobbyist and family and friend entertainers, its a no brainerfor you too. Do yourselves a favor and purchase this today.

This is available from cameronfrancismagic.com
Normally $15, More Headroom is only $12 for a limited time! Or buy the PDF and the hard copy booklet for only $17 (Normally $20)!
Or buy both Headroom and More Headroom for the low price of only $25!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I've also read through More Headroom

Rizzo has done a great job of covering what the book contains.
So I won't unnecessarily duplicate his excellent post.

Each of these effects are completely workable.
Not at all difficult to execute
And they should all bring the type of response we crave from an audience.

Well written. Simply explained and eminently workable

Recommended

Steve
magicduro
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
529 Posts

Profile of magicduro
Magicians: Do yourself a favor and expand beyond the cards tricks. Grab this ebook to increase your variety. Cameron's effects are practical, workable, and fooling.

Highlights:
Red Light: a fooler prediction effect

Change it Up: Great impromptu effect with change and business cards or paper

Humming Words: Great effect with business cards
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Hey, thanks, guys! I'm glad the material appeals to you. Magicduro, although I have a fondness for all of the effects (obviously) you picked my three favorites, too! Smile
mskowronski
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of mskowronski
I am still working on the effects and I look forward to showing them to some of the students in my classroom.

I really like so far;

Redlight - a nice prediction effect that is really well thought out. I have enjoyed playing with this so far.

Dry Marker Card at Number (D.M.C.A.N.)- I really like this effect and the creativity behind it. This is the next one that I will be working on this weekend. It is nice, because it takes a common item, a sharpie and your deck of cards - and puts them to work for the prediction. It also creates purpose to hand out your business card.

The entire document is well-written and provide nice effects that are workable and focus on presentation.

I highly recommend you pick it up, nice work Cameron!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Thanks so much! I'm thinking of doing a demo for Red Light as it seems to be popular.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

mskowronski
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of mskowronski
Thanks for posting Cameron, great demo. I did this yesterday for some folks and it killed. Nice work, I look forward on working on the rest!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "More Headroom" Review Copies (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL