The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Any updates on the best substance for your hands? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
What substance do you think is the best to use on your hands to keep traction of the cards?
MVFAN
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of MVFAN
I saw Brother John Hamman use this stuff as well as J.C. Wagner. I think it works great. Chamberlain "Golden Touch Lotion.

Pete
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2458 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I like Corn Huskers Lotion.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4056 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
There is a very good topic going currently in the "All in the Cards" section here.

This subject surfaces from time to time here, and it seems that the same 5-10 product get mentioned each time. Everybody's hands are different, it took me a lot experimenting to find what was best for me.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2011-10-18 20:40, Chessmann wrote:
There is a very good topic going currently in the "All in the Cards" section here.

This subject surfaces from time to time here, and it seems that the same 5-10 product get mentioned each time. Everybody's hands are different, it took me a lot experimenting to find what was best for me.

Spoilsport! Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
LOL
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
I have seen some of the greatest magicians licking his thumbs.
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2011-10-18 22:38, walid ahumada wrote:
I have seen some of the greatest magicians licking his thumbs.

Where can we buy their spit?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4056 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
At your local brick and mortar magic shop (as it is illegal to transport spit - with the exception of that used to seal letters - via mail).

Sadly, brick and mortar shops are drying up all over the country, and with them, the valuable spit that makes our card work so exquisite.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2011-10-19 00:08, Chessmann wrote:
Sadly, brick and mortar shops are drying up all over the country, and with them, the valuable spit that makes our card work so exquisite.

Not entirely. Some people have been saving Saliva for years. I know of one collector who has a half liter of Saliva from Larry Jennings. On Ebay you can find smaller containers of John Scarne's Saliva that was collected from all of the times he did Card To Mouth.

You just have to look.

SEY
Justin W
View Profile
Special user
Lawrence, KS
929 Posts

Profile of Justin W
Quote:
On 2011-10-19 00:39, Steven Youell wrote:
I know of one collector who has a half liter of Saliva from Larry Jennings.

That's almost a quarter liter of whiskey!
Denis Behr
View Profile
Special user
Germany
684 Posts

Profile of Denis Behr
LOL
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17128 Posts

Profile of joseph
And if you chew, you can mark the cards at the same time...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Kingman
View Profile
Loyal user
Willow Spring NC
295 Posts

Profile of Kingman
This does come up often, doesn't it. I still say the best is the QuikSort from Staples used for counting money. I learned of it from Martin Nash. Put a dab behind both ears and when you need to, it is a very natural action to rub your ear lobe with your thumb and then just rub your fingertips with aforementioned thumb. Lasts a long time when performing and does not leave a residue on the cards.

Kingman
-*-The Card Magic of Kingman-*-

I took the Pledge
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2253 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Another vote for Corn Huskers Lotion. Does the job, and doesn't leave an oily residue. Also, it's inexpensive and widely available (in drugstores).

In truth, though, it's not possible to recommend an "ideal" solution, as differing skin chemistries mean that people will have different experiences. In general, glycerin is the active ingredient; beyond that, experiment to find what works best for you, and don't take others' opinions as definitive.
"Calculated Thoughts" now at The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6777 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Gary Ouellette describes the best substance for him in his excellent CloseUp Illusions.
bblumen
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
987 Posts

Profile of bblumen
Quote:
On 2011-10-19 11:46, magicfish wrote:
Gary Ouellette describes the best substance for him in his excellent CloseUp Illusions.

Camirand Academy also sells this as Elite Magician's Hand Lotion.

Brian
"Lulling the minds of your company is more important than dazzling their eyes." Ed Marlo
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2011-10-19 12:42, bblumen wrote:

Camirand Academy also sells this as Elite Magician's Hand Lotion.

Brian

That's my fave. It dries quickly, isn't greasy, and leaves a nice tack. And your hands smell soooo pretty.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
For quick and spontaneous tack upon the finger (thumb) tips, Pinaud mustache wax! Curling and twisting an imaginary stash might look a bit odd so a change in shaving habits might be in order!

Products like QuikSort contain alcohol and actually rob your skin of natural moisture in the long run!

MMc
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
O'Keefe' Working Hands. I have tried pretty much everything, Neutrogena, Golden Touch, Corn Huskers, Sortkwik, Glycerin, etc.
Working Hands is the only thing that works and lasts long as well. No odor, no greasy residue.
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Any updates on the best substance for your hands? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL