The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » I Actually thought this was a joke. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
obeytheeye
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of obeytheeye
I honestly thought this was a gag. Who would wear this crotch killer?

You look like your'e going to repel off a building on a mission impossible scene.

This looks like something Mr. Bean would wear when going into the secret base to do a magic set. LOL!

http://www.artecoproductions.com/harness-multi-pass.html
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
435 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
When I firstly saw the photo I was "surprised" but when I saw the person wear it , it was quite unnoticable indeed.

for sure though, I doubt someone can wear it and do magic freely. As idea is good and very creative but not at all useful
TTrushin
View Profile
Regular user
USA
188 Posts

Profile of TTrushin
I beg to differ!
I have and LOVE this thing! This is what I wear when I am not wearing a vest! This is PERFECT under a jacket.

Hands down best holster ever.
obeytheeye
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of obeytheeye
TTrushin do you repel into the gig using it?

>;)
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5354 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
OMG!! I doubt if I'd use this thing for close-up, walk-around gigs. Who needs to carry that much stuff? Sweet mother of mercy! I guess I could put all the props for a stand-up platform act in it. Every prop and accessory has its use and I imagine that this will fit the bill as a security blanket for those guys that never seem to have enough room for all those props they never use but insist on carrying.

I like the concept. I've watched the video a number of times and it tickles my fancy. I think I could turn this puppy into a comedy prop!

The jury is out on this. Like those totally unnecessary shoulder holster things that get sold to "close-up" workers this might find a market.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
TTrushin
View Profile
Regular user
USA
188 Posts

Profile of TTrushin
I use it whenever I am performing for a long time for a small group! I don't carry the crazy quantity of stuff that he carries, but it will hold everything I need. Plus it has two topits, two magnetic holdouts, multiple deck holders, multiple options to hold and produce bottles, etc. I love it! It is invisible under a jacket, and leaves all of my pockets completely empty.

HOWEVER! I prefer, and almost always use, the Busker's Gear Vest.

I rarely do shows where I require this much material; most of what I do only requires cards, my wallet, a silk and 6 coins (3 morgans, 1 chinese, 1 jumbo morgan and 1 jumbo chinese coin), my MD, and OCCASIONALLY some sponge balls (yellow) or ropes (Fiber Optics Extended). I travel light Smile
Hugh Entwistle
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Hugh Entwistle
That seems excessive, if you have to carry that much stuff around with you, then you are not a proper magician.
All I carry with me is deck of cards, gimmicked ACAAN switch deck (contaning another normal deck) My wallet, which has a permanent prediction in it and coins to do coin magic. If I am doing parlour, I will bring my M5 and gimmicked diary
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1177 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Quote:
On 2011-12-30 18:07, Hugh Entwistle wrote:
if you have to carry that much stuff around with you, then you are not a proper magician.


A little judgemental don't you think!

There are many ways to entertain. I like props so I guess I'm not a proper magician...I better go tell everyone that has hired me for the last 30 years.
SteveFromSpokane
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of SteveFromSpokane
It would help to be skinny.

At first I thought it was insane but after studying it I like it. You would not need to bring anything on stage. Just walk out there and start producing.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2011-12-30 18:07, Hugh Entwistle wrote:
That seems excessive, if you have to carry that much stuff around with you, then you are not a proper magician.
All I carry with me is deck of cards, gimmicked ACAAN switch deck (contaning another normal deck) My wallet, which has a permanent prediction in it and coins to do coin magic. If I am doing parlour, I will bring my M5 and gimmicked diary


strange that you'd say that about someone else, yet admit to using so many gimmicked devices yourself...
I've asked to be banned
kasper
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kasper
I remember doin walkaround in my early days. I met a nice girl and she gave me hug. My pockets were loaded with props. She asked "What is all this stuff your carrying"? I was soooo embarrassed! I learned something important that day. Never ever carry props ever again.
jokerthehoudini
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of jokerthehoudini
Now lets say you get a call for a show only 5 people at this event they hire you for 4 hrs only close up they say No card tricks.im pretty sure my pockets would be full of tt silks rubber bands coins and many other trick. I would use this anytime you can't knock it till you try it.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Quote:
On 2012-02-28 01:15, jokerthehoudini wrote:
Now lets say you get a call for a show only 5 people at this event they hire you for 4 hrs only close up they say No card tricks.im pretty sure my pockets would be full of tt silks rubber bands coins and many other trick. I would use this anytime you can't knock it till you try it.


Hmmmm....

4 hours of close-up at an event for 5 people and they demand no card tricks? First, I doubt that situation would ever arise. Second, I doubt they would want to pay what I would charge them. Third, I've never--in over 30 years of performing had some demand that I not do any card tricks (and that is the least ludicrous part of this hypothetical scenario). And finally, if this situation WERE to arise, it wouldn't matter whether I had this holster get-up or not, because I would turn down the show. I'm simply not interested in doing 4 hours of magic for 5 people. And frankly, I have a hard time envisioning any 5 non-magicians who would be the least bit interested in watching 4 straight hours of magic, close-up or otherwise.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
jokerthehoudini
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of jokerthehoudini
Your not getting the point Scott
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Quote:
On 2012-02-25 12:21, kasper wrote:
I remember doin walkaround in my early days. I met a nice girl and she gave me hug. My pockets were loaded with props. She asked "What is all this stuff your carrying"? I was soooo embarrassed! I learned something important that day. Never ever carry props ever again.


Is that a duck in your topit or are you happy to see me?
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
578 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
I believe Tom Cruise was wearing one of those harnesesses while jumping out of skyscraper windows in the last Mission Impossible movie.

Maybe he was on the way to a closeup gig.

Quote:
On 2011-12-30 18:07, Hugh Entwistle wrote:
That seems excessive, if you have to carry that much stuff around with you, then you are not a proper magician.


Agree 100%.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2012-03-01 18:34, spartacus wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-25 12:21, kasper wrote:
I remember doin walkaround in my early days. I met a nice girl and she gave me hug. My pockets were loaded with props. She asked "What is all this stuff your carrying"? I was soooo embarrassed! I learned something important that day. Never ever carry props ever again.


Is that a duck in your topit or are you happy to see me?


I want to know more regarding the outcome of meeting the nice girl that embarrassed you to the point that it changed your attitude on the way you performed; did you at least get her phone number, or did you marry her?
eostresh
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of eostresh
That thing is hysterical! When I go through my inventory list of what I carry for a walk around gig I kick myself for needing too much "Stuff" but that is over the top! Is that intended to "entertain" people with magic or "assault" them with magic?
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3008 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Does it come with the cool white hazmat suit?

I'd love to take this thing on a flight sometime, just to see the TSA reaction after filling 12 plastic bins with stuff out from under the jacket. At least you wouldn't have to worry about finding an overhead compartment for your carry on luggage. Heck, you probably wouldn't have to check any bags, either. Four trips and this would pay for itself.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
This would go well at a nudist colony performance, as long as you were wearing a top hat to divert their gaze.

I would love to visit Mustang Ranch wearing one of these under my clothes. Ladies, are you in for a surprise.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » I Actually thought this was a joke. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL