The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » FBI raids Chuck E Cheese (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
When cartoon characters are the only thing that differentiates satire and reality, well, that, and overly articulate seven-year-olds:
http://www.alt-market.com/articles/92-fb......currency
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Are you sure that's not another Onion article??? If not, it should be!

But wait! I'll just bet you'll find some here defending the FBI's choice.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
FWIW, it says parody at the end. (I mean, it was sort of obvious from the get go.)

Still, it would be entertaining to know how many took the article seriously.

In gdw's defense, he did say / insinuate that it was a satirical story.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
I thought I was clear that it was satirical. Sorry for the confusion.
Though, as I also implied, it is not at all far off from the reality of the Liberty Dollar case.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-10-19 12:04, gdw wrote:

Though, as I also implied, it is not at all far off from the reality of the Liberty Dollar case.

It is light years (metaphorically speaking) from the Liberty Dollar case.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
How much do you know about the liberty dollar case?

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Is there a pop quiz? I've been following it off and on for several years. I think I even started a thread here about it, years ago.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Sounds vaguely familiar...

That Cheese dude's been running a strange outfit for years. Some kind of strange robot puppet union business. I hear Hoffa is still somewhere in the ball crawl.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
That is freaking funny. So is the fact that anyone could or would try to convince us that somehow it isn't far from what could really happen. ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
You just don't get it man, check the ball crawl! Countless mysteries buried there. BeLIEve!
~Will Rogers
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
True Critter true lol. I do like to keep my head buried in the sand. It keeps my very balding head warm.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
You guys do realise pretty much everything (aside from the obvious) that article is DIRECTLY from the Liberty Dollar case, right?

RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Oh good lord! Smh.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
I'll take that as a no then.

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-10-19 18:13, gdw wrote:

You guys do realise pretty much everything (aside from the obvious) that article is DIRECTLY from the Liberty Dollar case, right?

As I said, the two things are light years apart. The obvious differences make all the difference in the world.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Balducci is correct. We all see the major differences, well all of us but one I guess.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
From The Crittopolis Herald:
Quote:
Charles Edwin Chesterfield, alias 'Chuck E Cheese', alias 'Charlie the Rat', has been implicated by former employees Helen Henny and Jasper T. Jowls in the disappearance of union leader Jimmy Hoffa in late July of 1975. According to the sources, the members of the 'Chuck E Cheese Experience' band had been meeting with Hoffa to discuss strategies in hopes of implementing a robot puppet entertainers' union. It is alleged that Mr. Cheese discovered the plot and created a note forging the signature of one 'Mr. Munch' to lure Mr. Hoffa to the attraction known as the ball pit. The sources allege that Mr. Cheese and several hired union busters then secured Mr. Hoffa in chains and 'cement shoes' and pushed him into the ball pit. According to the sources, Mr. Hoffa sunk into the ball pit 'as if it were quicksand' and has not been seen since.

Chilling stuff.
~Will Rogers
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-10-20 12:19, RS1963 wrote:
Balducci is correct. We all see the major differences, well all of us but one I guess.

How about you enlighten me as to the differences you are referring to?

RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Re read balducci's post Glenn that is all the enlightenment that you need or should need. That is if you can grasp it at all.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Thought so.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » FBI raids Chuck E Cheese (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL